PDA

View Full Version : In-N-Out Burger in Texas

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2011, 03:18 PM
http://www.in-n-out.com/grandopenings.asp

C&CDean
9/4/2011, 03:28 PM
I can honestly say I've never had an In-and-Out burger. Ever.

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2011, 03:37 PM
I know a lot of things you haven't had.

sooner59
9/4/2011, 04:10 PM
I went to one this summer. It was very good.

Sooner_Tuf
9/4/2011, 04:12 PM

I can honestly say you have missed out on a pretty good burger then.

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 04:25 PM
The best damn burger I have ever eaten.

I made myself.

Budburger>In-N-Out>Dave-N-Busters>everybody else

sappstuf
9/4/2011, 08:00 PM
Animal style...

http://www.sogoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/animal-style-fries.jpg

C&CDean
9/4/2011, 08:14 PM
Animal style...

http://www.sogoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/animal-style-fries.jpg

That looks almost exactly like the **** I took this morning. For real.

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 08:31 PM
That looks almost exactly like the **** I took this morning. For real.I second this, ****....someone call a cardiologist. :eek:

C&CDean
9/4/2011, 08:34 PM
I'm all about a great burger. That pic of **** on a pile of **** ain't doing it for me. Show me a nice burger, with veggies sparkling with dew, etc.

Sheez. That pic looks like worse than the **** I took. It looks like the pile of vomit I cleaned up last night after somebody thinking guzzling a jug of Thousand Island was a good idea.

King Crimson
9/4/2011, 09:04 PM
thousand island dressing is one of the funniest phrases ever.

1000 places bordered by water on all sides that clothes edible things... archipelago of fats and high fructose corn syrups....some great nonsense verbage for ketchup and mayo together. Dali couldn't outwit that idiocy with anything more surreal.

Russian dressing is good one, too.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/4/2011, 09:11 PM

Jesus H. Christ, Dean, go see a Doctor.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/4/2011, 09:14 PM
Talk to me when a White Castle announces in Tulsa.

In-N-Out is like poo poo on a doo doo bun. With a side of boo boo.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/4/2011, 10:06 PM
There's an in-n-out about a mile from my house - the nearest fast food place to us.

I don't eat there much, because I try to eat healthier than burger and fries these days, but I've always been impressed with the place. it is ALWAYS busy and the service is almost always superb. they train their employees well. rarely do they f**k up the order.

the vegetables on the burger are uniformly and consistently fresh. lettuce is always crisp, never limp d**k. Tomatoes firm and ripe. 1000 island is the default spread, but you can customize w/ mustard if you want.

Now the fries are interesting. They are great for 5 min. but the shelf life is short, they get cardboard-like if they sit there more than 5 min. must be some ingredient in oil with a super short half-life.

My daughter doesn't eat meat. In-n-out makes her favorite grilled cheese (not on menu). She gets a couple almost every week.

also, they do a low carb hamburger - essentially a lettuce wrapped burger - that's pretty good. again the super crisp lettuce makes it.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/4/2011, 10:34 PM
Talk to me when a White Castle announces in Tulsa.

In-N-Out is like poo poo on a doo doo bun. With a side of boo boo.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/media/jjr/headlines/2010/03/selena-gomez-in-n-out-kca-celebration.jpg
http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/0/80f74_ORIG-haters.jpg

sappstuf
9/5/2011, 11:55 AM

How about the Animal Style burger?

http://terrapintrail.com/files/2009/08/in-n-out_animal_style.jpg

C&CDean
9/5/2011, 12:37 PM
Better, but hold the TI. TI makes everything taste like a Big Mac.

thecynic
9/5/2011, 03:42 PM
I've been to ones out West before and drove by the one in Ft. Worth a few weeks ago. While the burger is good, it's not worth the long wait that they had at the time. Good God people, it's a burger for Crist sake. It reminds me of the long lines when Crispy Creme came in. While good its still just a friggin donut.

Veritas
9/5/2011, 10:11 PM
Overrated clap clap clapclapclap.

And yes, I've had animal style. Yuck.

SCOUT
9/5/2011, 11:23 PM
In-N-Out is a good fast food burger. That is it, in my opinion. If I have to wait more than a few cars at the drive through, I will pass.

yermom
9/5/2011, 11:32 PM
i've gotten a taste for it now that i'm out West a couple of times a year. if you think of it as an alternative to McDonald's, it's amazing.

of course, i almost never go to McDonald's when i'm home, but on the road i end up there a lot if i get somewhere late. going to In-N-Out in that case is MUCH better.

TUSooner
9/6/2011, 07:46 AM

I ate at one in San Diego. It was a distinctly meh experience. Not bad, but nothing to put on your resume, either.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/6/2011, 08:30 AM
Whataburger > In-N-Out

IB4OU2
9/6/2011, 09:39 AM
I don't eat burgers anymore but the In & Out in LA was very good.

Sooner_Tuf
9/6/2011, 04:45 PM
I'm all about a great burger. That pic of **** on a pile of **** ain't doing it for me. Show me a nice burger, with veggies sparkling with dew, etc.

Sheez. That pic looks like worse than the **** I took. It looks like the pile of vomit I cleaned up last night after somebody thinking guzzling a jug of Thousand Island was a good idea.

I can honestly say I have never cleaned up somebodies vomit nor can I even imagine doing so.

OUstud
9/6/2011, 08:13 PM
Five Guys>>>>In-N-Out

Turd_Ferguson
9/6/2011, 10:19 PM
Five Guys>>>>In-N-OutBeen meaning to try the one on 19th. Heard it's good.

hawaii 5-0
9/6/2011, 10:22 PM
Been meaning to try the one on 19th. Heard it's good.

Pimp.

I anxiously await my first In-and-Out Burger. Maybe this Fall.

5-0

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 04:36 PM
I tried to go to the one in Vegas last summer, but didn't want to pay more for a cab than the meal. This last weekend, we went down to Fort Worth and hit it up. There is now 1 there (2 more planned) and 3 in Dallas. It was around 1:30 and we had to wait around 15 minutes to order and were lucky to get a table. People were standing and eating, eating on their laps, etc. Crazyness! Overall, I thought it was pretty good!

Turd_Ferguson
2/22/2012, 05:38 PM
Whataburger > In-N-OutI will stab you in the eyes with a #32 pencil!

TUSooner
2/22/2012, 05:46 PM
5 guys > in & out.
But Company Burger may be better still. The CB is a nice greasy/juicy medium-pink burger on a buttery toasted bun. It tastes awesome without a lot of fixins, but is a tad overpriced IMHO. Still, I would like one right this very minute.

But face it, hamburger greatness is a very subjective determination.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/22/2012, 06:22 PM
Smash Burger 'nuff said.

Turd_Ferguson
2/22/2012, 07:00 PM
Smash Burger 'nuff said.Where it at?

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 08:55 PM
There's one at the new outlet mall, but there was an hour wait when we went.

8timechamps
2/22/2012, 09:07 PM
In n Out is good, but having lived outside of Oklahoma for the past 15 years, I can tell you that I would take a Braums cheeseburger over just about anywhere else.

sooneron
2/22/2012, 09:45 PM
Smash Burger 'nuff said.

THIS.

Smash/5 Guys > Innout

SoonerStormchaser
2/22/2012, 09:50 PM
IN N OUT is TEH ****!!! All you White Castle pimps can bite me! Had that stuff up in Minnesota two weeks ago...almost puked!

There is one huge upside to going to a three week Red Flag in Vegas...In-N-Out...and Cappriottis!

A Sooner in Texas
2/22/2012, 10:04 PM
In n Out is good, but having lived outside of Oklahoma for the past 15 years, I can tell you that I would take a Braums cheeseburger over just about anywhere else.

THIS oh so much. Either Braum's or Murphy's in Bartlesville. I dream of Murphy's.

Midtowner
2/22/2012, 10:16 PM
There are so many great local burger joints in OKC that I seldom go to fast food places. S&B Burgers & Sliders is far and away my favorite, but when I'm in El Reno, I'll stop in at Sid's. Good stuff.

Wherever you are, there are going to be burger joints which make these fast food crapfests look amateur.

SCOUT
2/22/2012, 10:28 PM
If you are considering going to the In-N-Out burger in Frisco, go about 500 yards Northwest and go to Twisted Root. You will not regret it.

Petro-Sooner
2/23/2012, 07:24 PM
Tried the one in fort worth today. Meh.... It was good and all but I don't understand the hype. Seemed similar to a five guys burger.

oudavid1
2/24/2012, 09:09 AM
I loved What-a-burger, heard this is better.

Breadburner
2/24/2012, 09:22 AM
Claud's..Webers..Hardens...Fat guys..JJ's > Than all mentioned above.....

colleyvillesooner
2/24/2012, 12:25 PM
If you are considering going to the In-N-Out burger in Frisco, go about 500 yards Northwest and go to Twisted Root. You will not regret it.

This.

Sooner_Bob
2/24/2012, 01:35 PM
I had an In and Out burger about 10 years ago in Phoenix . . . . from what I remember I can get an equal or better burger from Carl's Jr. or Braum's.

BBQ Man
2/24/2012, 02:35 PM
I'm glad to have them coming in to give me a different place to go to (and to spread out the other people that would have been in line in front of me at the place I went), but that's about it. It's a good burger, but it's not worth camping out overnight for or waiting in the drive through for an hour.

2/25/2012, 08:45 PM
I like that Braums sometimes includes that sharp sliver of bone in their burgers. Mmmmm. Sharp bone slivers.

Eh, who am I kidding. I still eat there on occasion. It's ok, I suppose. I'd eat there regularly if they would make Butter Brickle a standard product.

8timechamps
2/25/2012, 11:13 PM
I like that Braums sometimes includes that sharp sliver of bone in their burgers. Mmmmm. Sharp bone slivers.

Eh, who am I kidding. I still eat there on occasion. It's ok, I suppose. I'd eat there regularly if they would make Butter Brickle a standard product.

How many restaurants that you visit include a toothpick inside the burger? Braums in forward thinking!

Lott's Bandana
2/26/2012, 12:55 AM

That has happened to me. Plural.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/26/2012, 09:56 AM
I was in McKinney last weekend and thought about going. I decided to avoid the line and eat better food at laMadeleine and Rockfish.

swardboy
2/26/2012, 08:21 PM
Had In n out in Sacramento a year ago. Won't go out of my way to have another one.

colleyvillesooner
3/7/2012, 12:34 AM
Ate here again on Sunday. Burger good, fries a huge MEH.

yermom
3/7/2012, 01:17 AM
the fries have a SHORT shelf life

colleyvillesooner
3/7/2012, 09:53 AM
the fries have a SHORT shelf life

The shelf life for these was from the drive thru window to their parking lot. Tried em animal style and normal. meh

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 11:40 AM
N(t) = N0e-λt is what I used to figure out that after 2.75 minutes, 50% of the fries have decayed into cardboard.

For take-out, nuking the fries in the microwave will soften and re-moisturize the cardboard fries. I always get an extra order for our dog. He likes them if they're fresh.

They are good that first two minutes, though.

If you don't like the thousand island dressing on the burger, they'll do mustard instead if you ask. And they have pickles upon request.

The best thing about the burgers are consistently fresh, crisp lettuce and ripe & firm tomato slices. Nothing worse than limp aśś condiments.

The employees are better trained than other fast food places.

Dio
3/7/2012, 05:35 PM
I do love In N Out, but I can close this thread in one word:

Meers