PDA

View Full Version : 9/8: Pokes host Mike Stoops' Arizona Cats

badger
9/4/2011, 11:46 AM
The current spread has OSU winning by 7, so let's go with that.

And let's have some fun at the Pokes expense while vBetting too :D

EDIT: And yes, their "blowout" opener was as bad as I've depicted in the vBet options above. It's like they're doomed even in victory. Go Mikey!

Sooner11JK
9/5/2011, 08:32 AM
So if OSU is favored why is Arizona -7? You had Rice -23 the other day and never changed it. Texas should have been -23 and you said not to worry about it. Rice covers and all those who bet Rice lost. Same with TTech and Texas St. You had Texas St. -40. That game was a push.

badger
9/5/2011, 10:14 AM
I assumed that you all would have realized that the Big 12 teams were favored against their creampuffs (aside from Baylor/TCU).

I made a mistake on the TTech and Texas St game and should have declared both sides winners. Flak is trying to find a way to correct this, but it looks like once bets are settled they cannot be re-settled... hmmm...

I'm still new at this. Please give me a few college football weeks to get this right.

How bout this: I write it out who is favored, hehe

EDIT: Rice did not cover, they lost 34-9. The spread was 23. They lost by 25.

Hopefully this event can serve as a vForgiveness event, because some of these odds are really high for really likely events. I have very little doubt that less than 55k will show up for a Thursday night game in stilly, unless the Pokes decide to inflate the numbers a lot. Gundy WILL go nuts, it's just a matter of whether the cameras capture it (ESPN loves angry coaches, so I'd have to assume so).

I'll even do an automatic one to show how sorry I am for Saturday game confusion: The Pokes made Sportscenter's Top 10 this morning... on a Weeden INT that doinked off an OSU helmet (specially designed by Nike!). I think odds are very good that they will get on Sportscenter as the only Thursday night college game.

And yes, I will pay out all three if Weeden indeed repeats his Sportscenter "highlight." (or pay the first two if it's a Zona highlight in the Top 10)

DCSooner
9/6/2011, 10:28 AM
Why can't I find where to bet? I'm slow, but not that slow.

badger
9/6/2011, 10:32 AM
Step-by-step instructions are in the link in my sig line below. If you still can't vBet, let us know.

EDIT: And holy crap are you people confident in our little orange stepbrothers! Was their last game really not that televised? Wait, I already know the answer to that, it wasn't... they looked BAD against U-La-La! Why are you not supporting Mike Stoops? Is it because of the Alamo Bowl blowout? Yes... probably... well, that was last season! Last YEAR! It wasn't even a 2011 bowl like ours! 2010 is so 2010. Vote Zona!

DCSooner
9/6/2011, 10:54 AM
Step-by-step instructions are in the link in my sig line below. If you still can't vBet, let us know.

Meh. Must be my corporate Barracuda software blocking the spaces.

badger
9/6/2011, 10:55 AM
It might be. Someone had trouble using Safari earlier. What browser you using? I use Firefox.

DCSooner
9/6/2011, 11:08 AM
It might be. Someone had trouble using Safari earlier. What browser you using? I use Firefox.

IE. I'll try FF.

badger
9/6/2011, 11:12 AM
If you can't view the main SF.com page as you mentioned in another thread, it might be the firewall/security/etc at your workplace. However, rest assured, you have till kickoff time-ish on Thursday to vBet if you can't get your bets in right away.

DCSooner
9/6/2011, 01:28 PM
OK, just checked with another board that has Vbookie and I am able to see the blanks. So I am thinking something is not turned on for me. The other board is running vBulletin® Version 3.8.7.

badger
9/6/2011, 02:35 PM
I wish I knew what to tell you. I'll let flak know and see if he has any advice.

rekamrettuB
9/6/2011, 03:29 PM
The current spread has OSU winning by 7, so let's go with that.

Man...where did you see this line? Okie State is 13.5+ every where I'm looking.

Boomer.....
9/6/2011, 04:11 PM
I'm using Chrome and can no longer bet. I could before. Here's what it looks like:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9058/63419769.jpg

badger
9/6/2011, 04:38 PM
Man...where did you see this line? Okie State is 13.5+ every where I'm looking.

I posted the line two days ago. Methinks that people are betting real money like we are vBetting play money --- en masse for Pokey. Thus, the line's grown a lot in a few days.

badger
9/6/2011, 04:39 PM
I'm using Chrome and can no longer bet. I could before. Here's what it looks like:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9058/63419769.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot. Any chance I could con you into trying it on Firefox, just to make sure it isn't a browser issue? If not, I have Chrome at home and I'll try it on Chrome there to see if I get similar errors.

Please keep error reports coming in. I'd love to get any and all problems solved during a Bye Week rather than Florida State week.

Fraggle145
9/6/2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the screenshot. Any chance I could con you into trying it on Firefox, just to make sure it isn't a browser issue? If not, I have Chrome at home and I'll try it on Chrome there to see if I get similar errors.

Please keep error reports coming in. I'd love to get any and all problems solved during a Bye Week rather than Florida State week.

I'm on FF right now and still no blanks. it looks cutoff to me or something. I'm not savvy enough to post a pic, but still no betting in either Safari or FF. My Safari display looks just like the chrome.

badger
9/6/2011, 05:22 PM
I really am at a loss of what to do... if it looks like it's cutoff, can you change your screen resolution, or font size (the mouse scroller thingie while holding CTRL, yeah) to see if that does anything?

Fraggle145
9/6/2011, 06:41 PM
I really am at a loss of what to do... if it looks like it's cutoff, can you change your screen resolution, or font size (the mouse scroller thingie while holding CTRL, yeah) to see if that does anything?

I tried all of that. I dont know what changed between the OU game and now... It worked then.

badger
9/6/2011, 07:50 PM
Did you use a different computer? I am now using Chrome and can see the betting options. Hmm...

Boomer.....
9/6/2011, 08:39 PM
I was using the same computer a week ago and could bet. Not so much now.

Soonerus
9/6/2011, 10:24 PM
I can't bet...

Soonerus
9/6/2011, 10:59 PM
I am on an iPad and could bet last week but cannot now, looks exactly like chrome...

Fraggle145
9/7/2011, 01:13 AM
well now it seems to be working... no idea what is going on.

Boomer.....
9/7/2011, 07:19 AM
Working for me also!

Boomer.....
9/7/2011, 07:25 AM
I guess Phil fixed it.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?158644-Can-t-bet-any-thread

badger
9/7/2011, 07:55 AM
whew! disaster averted.

rekamrettuB
9/7/2011, 09:06 AM
I posted the line two days ago. Methinks that people are betting real money like we are vBetting play money --- en masse for Pokey. Thus, the line's grown a lot in a few days.

It doesn't really matter here with the vCash. I just haven't seen it posted at that line unless that was an early pre-season line that hadn't been pulled. Where do you grab your lines from? Vegasinsider says it was released at -13. I'm wondering if you got the line that's thrown out to the select few prior to releasing to public. If so, I'd be interested to see those. Not trying to be a pain in the arse...just curious.

Thanks for doing this by the way. It's pretty fun. I like your prop bets.

badger
9/7/2011, 09:31 AM
Here's what I do:

I google the team names and the word "odds"

I see what the line is and I put it up, usually about a week in advance to give people plenty of time to vBet.

I know that vegas is fickle and will change the odds often leading up to games, but once again, I know I screwed up last weekend with some point spreads and lines and I wanted to use this event specifically as an apology gift to those that might have unfairly lost vCash.

But for those of you that are vBetting Poke State, please consider this tidbit that I heard in this OSU-fanbase-area-media:

OSU is 4-4 when they are ranked in the top 10 of the AP poll, as they are right now, under Mike Gundy.

Remember their miracle win over Georgia that had them so excited, not because they beat an SEC team but because them Gooners lost their game? The very next week, they Poke Choked at home against Hoooostin Cougie.

You might think that it was a different team, but remember: Dez hadn't lied to the NCAA yet. Dez was the greatest receiver ever before Blackmon was. And Zac Robinson was the hero Poke QB before Old Man Weeden was.

History tends to repeat itself. Don't knock my little line. Stoops Sequel gonna pwn Pokie on nat'l TV.

DCSooner
9/7/2011, 10:16 AM
Hey, it works for me now by the way. Thanks!

badger
9/7/2011, 10:35 AM
Yay! Glad you're all trying to (and succeeding) in participating!

badger
9/7/2011, 05:15 PM
To prevent insider trading, some insider knowledge:

1- OSU has started selling four tickets for $100 and also is bringing in some extreme motorbiker and that Poke golfer that wears all orange for pregame fun. So, this either means they're desperate for better attendance, or ticket sales will increase. Hmmmmm...

2- In the previous two OSU-Thursday football games, OSU has worn black. This includes the fiasco where Old Man Weeden was still third string and didn't get to play till the second half:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/767766/lead620.jpg

And last season when Aggie basically gave the game away:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/newsok-photos/1163350/lead620.jpg
I have no idea if they have gray in any of their black uniforms, but its unlikely. Gray helmets, yes, but they also have black ones.

3- Since I was the only one to wager vCash as of earlier today on the Weeden one, I have dropped it from 3 INT's to just having a pick-6. He had two of those last week against U-La-La. The Cajuns are an ESPN.com Bottom 10 team. Hmm...

4- I also altered the "more points than Cajuns" to "less points than Cajuns" since I was the only vBettor on that one too (I bet on them all just to make sure the event's working.

So, if that was what was making you a vTightwad, maybe now you'll bet on those two????

This event is practically a giveaway one. Get vBetting!

CowboyMRW
9/8/2011, 09:48 AM
I put everything I had on OSU -7 tonight.

Also for those still debating, Criner, who is Arizona's best WR, is out tonight with an illness.

badger
9/8/2011, 10:19 AM
It really is a weak line, isn't it? Don't get too cocky though, Pokeboy. Your previous Thursday night showings were comedy hours for us, even if you won them. :D

CowboyMRW
9/8/2011, 10:25 AM
I'm not being cocky. I just don't think Arizona is that good, and I believe our defense is a lot better than what people think. If I wouldn't have put all my money on winning earlier in the week, I would've put it on holding Arizona to under 34 cause I guarantee that we do that.

I know everyone loves Mike here as he was an excellent DC, I just don't think he's HC material. That's not a knock on him by any means as some people are much better at coordinating, but I just haven't been impressed with him in his tenure down there

CowboyMRW
9/8/2011, 10:27 AM
And the Colorado game was awful 2 years ago. AnM was a fun game, although sloppy. Total of 8 turnovers in the game. Wasn't a pretty game by any means

badger
9/8/2011, 10:45 AM
Ooo, I should have included that as an option "The Poke game will have less turnovers than their last Thursday game, which was 8." :D

I guess there's always next week :)

badger
9/8/2011, 12:10 PM
Holy shizzle people, I know more will be vBet as your vFortunes grow, but it looks like more than 10k is wagered on this game :eek:

badger
9/8/2011, 08:03 PM
Oh crap I am going to vPay out soooo much vCash for the OSU bets :(

BUT, I already have a few outs --- no ugly prominent gray in tonight's unis and Blackmon already has a TD catch.

afs
9/8/2011, 10:05 PM
Easy vMoney tonight.

ouflak
9/9/2011, 01:41 AM
Attendance was 54,654 according okstate.com. I would have settled this, but I don't know anything about the highlights.

badger
9/9/2011, 07:48 AM
I'm checking tulsaworld.com for stats now. ESPN will have its Thursday top plays shortly too :)

badger
9/9/2011, 07:56 AM
I just saw the top ten. A few Blackmon highlights was #2 behind the Packer's Cobb returning a kickoff 108 yards. :D