PDA

View Full Version : Wort's Entrance onto Owen Field #12

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2011, 10:40 AM
Led the team out on the field and ran to the OU at the 50 yard line, faced the student section and then pointed to the sky.

Gave me chills because I could picture AB12 doing the exact same thing.

Wort did a great job honoring his number.

SCSooner71
9/4/2011, 10:42 AM
I would love to see it...anyone got some video?

cherokeebrewer
9/4/2011, 10:44 AM
Kudos for Tom Wort! He played with heart...

LVSOONER15
9/4/2011, 10:49 AM
Great job to Wort, let's see who wears #12 at fsu.

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2011, 11:00 AM

Watch RIPOUInsider's video on the 2011 Intro Video thread. You can see Wort's entrance there at the end.

I'll try to insert his vid here too.

RIPOUinsider
9/4/2011, 11:16 AM

Lott's Bandana is right. It's around the 2:00 to 2:05 mark of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wBEhOHGaws

King Crimson
9/4/2011, 11:27 AM
that view of the stadium from the North end zone gives me chills. my granddad had seats there since the 50's. when i was a kid and he and grammaw didn't feel like making the trip to Norman...i got use those tickets. man, i felt like a big wheel rolling into section 19 with a friend to sit with the peeps who knew my g parents.

dad later got better tix and we moved to the east side on about the 35. but, that vantage point north EZ is my first memory of Owen Field. and the Keith Jackson reverse. we saw it way before NU did. oh yeah.

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2011, 11:33 AM
Lott's Bandana is right. It's around the 2:00 to 2:05 mark of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wBEhOHGaws

Thanks RIP, I was looking for your vid on YouTube and got distracted...per usual.

VA Sooner
9/4/2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks for sharing the vid. Didn't see the entrance on FX last night... I was missing a big piece of the game.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 09:44 AM
Dayum, that bell gets me every time.

This one shows Wort's entrance much better. I don't have to tell you when it happens, I'm guessing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLtq-W9tbU4

pb4ou
9/8/2011, 10:00 AM
Brings a tear to my eye

rekamrettuB
9/8/2011, 10:55 AM
Great videos. Will the crowd, or did the crowd, start chanting with Travis Lewis? The "Only One", "Oklahoma!". Thought that would be pretty cool.

ouduckhunter
9/8/2011, 10:59 AM
Wonderful! Thanks for posting!

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 11:02 AM
Great videos. Will the crowd, or did the crowd, start chanting with Travis Lewis? The "Only One", "Oklahoma!". Thought that would be pretty cool.

No, because the video was new and nobody knew it was coming. It goes pretty fast too.

I could see the cheerleaders making new signs, like Boomer and Sooner, and getting an East/West thing going with that chant.

rekamrettuB
9/8/2011, 11:07 AM
No, because the video was new and nobody knew it was coming. It goes pretty fast too.

I could see the cheerleaders making new signs, like Boomer and Sooner, and getting an East/West thing going with that chant.

That's what I'm hoping for. That was pretty cool and would sound allsome if 85,000 people were doing it too.

yankee
9/8/2011, 11:59 AM
Here's a really sweet photo of him running out from the Tulsa World. Also, I'm basically famous since I'm in this picture too.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2011/20110906_twortb8.jpg

Ping
9/8/2011, 01:20 PM
The intro video was great, different and exciting! The first one is always the worst too. But when they kept playing the contender music as Wort led the team on the field I had to hold back some tears for sure. Him in the middle of Owen Field, pointing to the sky, in the #12 Box jersey, WITH the Ultimate Warrior bands on is a moment I'll never forget. Here is a video from the upper deck a fan took.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWoSeUrcl2s

The emotion he came out with was incredible yelling and pointing at the Tulsa kickoff team, He was acting like a true Ultimate Warrior. I still don't know what happened on the opening kickoff because I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He didn't disappoint either here is a video of the opening kickoff. Watch #12 Wort on the second row middle of the field.. ouch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcLu3vC1TQw

rock on sooner
9/8/2011, 01:26 PM
Okay, Yankee, which one are ya?

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 01:28 PM
The intro video was great, different and exciting! The first one is always the worst too. But when they kept playing the contender music as Wort led the team on the field I had to hold back some tears for sure. Him in the middle of Owen Field, pointing to the sky, in the #12 Box jersey, WITH the Ultimate Warrior bands on is a moment I'll never forget. Here is a video from the upper deck a fan took.

The emotion he came out with was incredible yelling and pointing at the Tulsa kickoff team, He was acting like a true Ultimate Warrior. I still don't know what happened on the opening kickoff because I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He didn't disappoint either here is a video of the opening kickoff. Watch #12 Wort on the second row middle of the field.. ouch...

Great videos. I took his gestures as pointing at the sky and posturing to the student section. I have a feeling he wasn't thinking much about Tulsa at that moment.

westbrooke
9/8/2011, 01:40 PM
Didn't get to see this moment on TV, so thanks to everyone for posting these. Not afraid to admit I got a bit choked up watching these.

Ping
9/8/2011, 01:58 PM
Great videos. I took his gestures as pointing at the sky and posturing to the student section. I have a feeling he wasn't thinking much about Tulsa at that moment.

OH I know me too! I was talking about before the kickoff as the lined up, guess I should have specified that earlier.

yankee
9/8/2011, 03:44 PM
Okay, Yankee, which one are ya?

I'll give you a hint...I'm wearing a red cape!

Lawton4Life
9/8/2011, 03:51 PM
I liked that he had the tassels on like the Ultimate Warrior. I guess you cant play in those because they were off when it was time to play

LVSOONER15
9/8/2011, 03:55 PM
Loved that entrance, Wort played a very good game. That intro video send chills, Gotta love it.

SOFSooner
9/8/2011, 04:03 PM
The respect and feelings that the whole team showed for Austin Box before the game proves that we have the best young men in the world on the Sooner campus!!! Boomer Sooner!!!!!

Dan Thompson
9/8/2011, 04:07 PM
I saw the video that's on the board. I would have likedit, if the rest of the team had waited a little longer before coming on the field. Maybe let #12 get all the way to the 50 and then the sideline before coming out.

It sure look great as it was.

GameWarden
9/8/2011, 04:35 PM
Wort really represented. He hit that Tulsa guy so hard he knocked himself out. Great effort. Great game from Tom Wort.

A Sooner in Texas
9/8/2011, 09:05 PM
I do not get tired watching these and get goosebumps every time. Question for all of you: Do you think they'll put Leroy in the video for FSU?

prrriiide
9/8/2011, 11:18 PM
Watch #12 Wort on the second row middle of the field.. ouch...

PWN3D!!!

nativesooner
9/9/2011, 12:18 AM
here's another pic of Tom that I thought was cool...

http://media.syracuse.com/sports/photo/oklahoma-tulsa-footballjpg-2f651fd8ffceb3eb.jpg