PDA

View Full Version : How did Toby do?

Lott's Bandana
9/4/2011, 10:34 AM
I was at the game.

:listening_headphone

MountainOkie
9/4/2011, 11:22 AM
He did a very good job. Though there were some strange slips early in the game. I think they were just due to excitement.

Although, it was strange not hearing Bob Barry's voice.

thecynic
9/4/2011, 11:51 AM
I thought it was great. There were some mistakes, but for the first time out it was superb. Chris Plank on the sidelines was good. Roy Williams didn't do anything for me, but overall I felt like we were actually in this century. Merv doesn't seem to fit in anymore to me. He was also a little on the negative side which was interesting. I think Toby Roland will go down as the next great OU announcer that everyone loves to listen to. Although, with the proliferation of TV these days, I don't know how many people actually listen to football broadcasts anymore. I had some unforeseen personal issues and had to listen driving from Bartlesville to OKC. Was glad I didn't have to suffer through what has been on the radio the last few years.
just my opinion

AlboSooner
9/4/2011, 11:53 AM
Toby did great

nighttrain12
9/4/2011, 11:56 AM
I left the game a little early and turned on the radio broadcast with about 5 minutes left in the game. Not one damn time did Toby give the actual score until the clock read 0:00.

Jacie
9/4/2011, 11:57 AM
The night's They-Paid-Me-To-Say-This moment was when Coach Johnson commented on Roy Williams performance, saying he says thing in a way everyone can understand. Excuse me?

bluedogok
9/4/2011, 12:00 PM
I thought it was great. There were some mistakes, but for the first time out it was superb. Chris Plank on the sidelines was good. Roy Williams didn't do anything for me, but overall I felt like we were actually in this century. Merv doesn't seem to fit in anymore to me. He was also a little on the negative side which was interesting. I think Toby Roland will go down as the next great OU announcer that everyone loves to listen to. Although, with the proliferation of TV these days, I don't know how many people actually listen to football broadcasts anymore. I had some unforeseen personal issues and had to listen driving from Bartlesville to OKC. Was glad I didn't have to suffer through what has been on the radio the last few years.
just my opinion
I watch the game and listen to the radio broadcast on Sirius, I sync the two up with the DVR at the start and everything is fine. Then I don't have to listen to the national guys. When traveling during a game and the Sirius broadcasts are great, when running around on Saturdays and Sundays during the season I am listening to a game from somewhere instead of the music channels or iPod.

oudavid1
9/4/2011, 12:48 PM
I like him a lot. I think he and Chris Plank do a good job. Feel like they are just trying to get Roy into this.

SoonerEmpire
9/5/2011, 07:14 PM
I think Toby did a good job. The only thing I don't like is how he announces OU touchdowns. He announces it as "Touchdown Sooners". While that's just fine, I REALLY wish he would say "Touchdown OKLAHOMA". When you've heard "Touchdown Oklahoma" as far back as I can remember, hearing "Touchdown Sooners" every single time OU scores just sounds a little weird. Other than that, I think he did a great job.

picasso
9/5/2011, 07:23 PM
Merv Johnson brings a coaches perspective to the game which will always look at the negative when it's there. I like Merv myself.
I had no idea Chris Plank would be involved (not a big fan). I may have to listen to music during the game.

SoonerDood
9/5/2011, 07:54 PM
I'm surprised Chris Plank knew what an OU was.

bluedogok
9/5/2011, 08:28 PM
Who is Chris Plank?

picasso
9/5/2011, 08:32 PM
Who is Chris Plank?
A sports radio personality who can talk 5 minutes straight about nothing.

oumaddawg
9/5/2011, 08:34 PM
Who is Chris Plank?

My question exactly..

bluedogok
9/5/2011, 08:46 PM
A sports radio personality who can talk 5 minutes straight about nothing.
How is that different than any other sports talk radio personality?
If I got paid what some of the top guys did I could go on forever about nothing as well.

picasso
9/5/2011, 08:50 PM
How is that different than any other sports talk radio personality?
If I got paid what some of the top guys did I could go on forever about nothing as well.
No, he really can talk about nothing for 5 minutes. You learn nothing and you have no idea what his stance is on the topic or team. He's a straddler if there ever was one.

S008NER
9/10/2011, 12:16 PM
It was strange not to hear bob's familiar voice ushering in the unofficial start of fall and OU gamedays.

GDC
9/10/2011, 12:49 PM
I hate it that when someone says "Toby" in relation to the Sooners my first thought is of Toby Keith.

SoonerObsession
9/10/2011, 01:00 PM
I listened while watching it on tv for a little while just to see how he did. I thought it was great. You can tell that Toby loves OU football, and that is what matters to me. I'm glad we did not hire some voice that had no real feelings for the program, besides getting paid. He said himself that this is a dream job and that he will do it until they don't let him do it anymore. Good hire!