PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Catch the Criminoles Game?

SunnySooner
9/4/2011, 09:50 AM
I just saw bits and pieces, couldn't tell much--any of you x and o gurus get a chance to watch? Whaddya think? How are we going to match up? I was very unimpressed with their QB, but again, didn't see much, how did he look overall? Thoughts/confidences/concerns?

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 10:07 AM
Pretty much the same, they looked average but it was the first game of the season against a lesser foe.

CBUS_SOONER
9/4/2011, 10:18 AM
They did look rusty... I actually think playing another game next week will help them. When pressured, emmanual missed some fairly easy throws. We need to get pressure while containing him and not letting him run around.

delhalew
9/4/2011, 10:19 AM
I watched a little bit. They were clubbing baby seals.

soonerfromgeorgia
9/4/2011, 12:15 PM
What's weird is they have the same exact thread over on Warchant.com about the sooners.

Jacie
9/4/2011, 12:27 PM
FAU went 4-8 last year (including contributing 20% of sa*et's win total). Tulsa was 10-3 with a win over Notre Dame among others. If Tulsa is a baby seal, FAU is an embryo . . .

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2011, 12:29 PM
Yes, I suspect Tulsa will prove to be a better team than FAU this season. I would bet real money that Kinne is a better QB than FAU has by a wide margin. Kinne will get drafted.

oudavid1
9/4/2011, 12:44 PM
UL Monroe got dominated by FSU's defense. Their offense was not very good at all. But Florida State struggled on offense a lot. I think EJ will be more of a run/scramble/extend play threat. Not worried about running game. If they couldnt blow ULMonroe off the ball at home, I dont think they can vs us.

stoopified
9/4/2011, 12:53 PM
FAU went 4-8 last year (including contributing 20% of sa*et's win total). Tulsa was 10-3 with a win over Notre Dame among others. If Tulsa is a baby seal, FAU is an embryo . . .Amen

BigTip
9/4/2011, 12:59 PM
I watched a little bit. They were clubbing baby seals.

Bastards! I wasn't fired up about the upcoming game before, but now.......

oudavid1
9/4/2011, 01:23 PM
Bastards! I wasn't fired up about the upcoming game before, but now.......

hahahahaha

Sooner_Tuf
9/4/2011, 01:33 PM
I suspect they will be a lot better when OU comes to town. I'm sure they have been thinking about last year, the time before and the time before that. Their coaches should have them foaming by the time kick off comes looking for payback.

I didn't see anything other than highlights. Their QB has a longways to go from what I can see but he is potentially one of those mobile QBs that have given us problems at times in the past. We have done a better job containing them more recently and we have even more speed so I think we will be ok from that stand point.

I hope they never heard of the wheel route though. I'll bet they have someone that we can't catch with a fifteen yard headstart.

VA Sooner
9/4/2011, 03:18 PM
I'm sure they'll bring their A-game once they've brushed the rust off of their offense. The defense is better this year and we are playing in Tallahassee. Our offense was on fire and well-balanced with our running backs by committee and Landry was able to throw to 11 different receivers.

The defense will need to shore up the hole in the middle... having McGee back will help with the rotation and the corners are solid. Only a few breaks in the coverage by the safety but I'm sure he's back in the film room today with Venables going over what assignment he has once they call a corner blitz and who to cover during a wheel route.

JiminyChristmas
9/4/2011, 04:31 PM
GJ > EJ. Kinne is the better passer (Manuel was way off on some throws), better scrambler, better runner. I think our DEs will do a good job containing the QB scramble on the edges, but we need to do better up the middle. Luckily, their OLine is average at best. They will score 17-20 points at most against our D.

Defense is definitely their strength, but LA Monroe's offense was SOOOO bad, it was kind of hard to judge. I was much more concerned about this game before watching them play Saturday. Just no way they will be able to score enough to keep up.

CBUS_SOONER
9/4/2011, 06:28 PM
Hope u are correct sir... I am still concerned because of our recent history on the road and we have 28 watching from the sideline. We are the better team, but the best team doesn't always win. time will tell

VA Sooner
9/4/2011, 06:36 PM
Road game... next big test.

Got a better goal line offense... just need to work on the away games and we can work out the rest of the kinks.

CBUS_SOONER
9/4/2011, 06:39 PM
amen

oumartin
9/4/2011, 06:53 PM
Who cares how they looked. That game will come down to whether or not OU shows up and plays like they usually do on the road. If they do that it will be a loss. If they play like they are capable then they will win by 2 scores.

delhalew
9/4/2011, 07:19 PM
I kinda wish we had a game against some tackling dummies next week. Typically coaches would rather have a bye midseason. We really don't need another week to gameplan for FSU. I'd rather knock off some more rust.

soonerfromgeorgia
9/4/2011, 07:27 PM
They have no backup QB, so for them it is go as Ej goes. They are pretty concerned about that.

SoonerinLondon
9/4/2011, 08:47 PM
What is Stoops record after a bye week to prepare? As I recall it's something like 100% wins.

CBUS_SOONER
9/4/2011, 09:15 PM
I like the fact that we play at 12 and not at night

SunnySooner
9/4/2011, 09:26 PM
I like the fact that we play at 12 and not at night

Huh? The game is showing an 8 pm kickoff. Did I miss something?

Oh, and thanks for the input, guys, interesting.

mightysooner
9/5/2011, 07:30 PM
I watched the entire game just to see how FSU looks. ULM's offense is laughably bad and never challenged FSU's defense at all. As for FSU's offense, well, Manuel isn't going to shred our secondary. I wasn't impressed with his accuracy at all and they only rushed for 92 yds. ULM's defense could not stay off the field and I'd think FSU should've scored in the 50's easily considering how much their offense was able to stay on the field but they didn't. The Noles are improved for sure but it didn't seem like the No. 5 team in the nation type of "dominance" or explosiveness you'd expect to see.

delhalew
9/5/2011, 09:08 PM
They will bring it when we come to town.

SoonerofAlabama
9/5/2011, 09:18 PM
What is Stoops record after a bye week to prepare? As I recall it's something like 100% wins.

He is 10-2. With losses to '09 Miami and '06 UT.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/6/2011, 09:11 AM
So basically, undefeated on a bye week with Coach Stoops' best teams. 2009 was perhaps Coach Stoops worst team and 2006 was a satisfying season given the QB turmoil in fall drills, but it hardly made for an optimal scenario.

King Fuzzy
9/6/2011, 09:18 AM
So their vanilla wasn't as impressive as our vanilla?

LVSOONER15
9/6/2011, 09:24 AM
The seminoles are going to be really amped up for this game, that's why we gotta score quick to get them out of the game. They didn't really impress me that much as well. We can't make bonehead mistakes to keep them in the game.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/6/2011, 12:04 PM
Hopefully, the Sooners don't give up any kickoffs for a TD in this game. Missouri started the game off with one last season and ATM did very early in the game that set the tone for both of those games and it darn near costed the Sooners against Oklahoma St. I still think Oklahoma is a team that has logically progressed more from last season to this season than Florida St. due to youth. An dI am not so convinced Florida St. actually improved as a "team" last season given 3 of their 4 losses occurred in the second half of the season along with giving up 40+ points to Virginia Tech on a neutral field ibn the final regular season game.