PDA

View Full Version : Tommie Harris cut by Colts

EatLeadCommie
9/4/2011, 02:35 AM
What the heck has happened to him? I thought the change of venue would do him some good. So sad to see this... (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-colts-cut-former-bears-de-tommie-harris-20110903,0,1027363.story)

AlboSooner
9/4/2011, 02:52 AM
Injures happened. He never got fully healthy.

Sooner_Tuf
9/4/2011, 06:17 AM
I wonder if he has time to consult on the D-Line? He has a year left doesn't he?

cccasooner2
9/28/2011, 07:05 PM
Signed by Chargers.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Chargers-sign-Harris-Sanders-on-reserve/e7b8db4a-bae5-4250-aeb4-91edbbea092b

lasooner123
9/28/2011, 07:31 PM
tommie has said he doesnt enjoy playing pro football...he said its not fun anymore

cccasooner2
9/28/2011, 07:53 PM
Well, he must have some bills to pay then. :D

BoulderSooner79
9/28/2011, 07:58 PM
tommie has said he doesnt enjoy playing pro football...he said its not fun anymore

Not a good thing to say if he is looking to sign with another team. Easy to retract though - "I didn't enjoy playing pro football FOR THE BEARS; can't wait to play for the Chargers"

NorthernIowaSooner
9/28/2011, 08:48 PM
Well, he must have some bills to pay then. :D

I thought about that when I read recently that he doesn't enjoy playing anymore. Hopefully he's just hanging on trying to find that enjoyment again and not trying to pay bills. He declined quickly so money was a thought that popped into my head when I saw he signed onto yet another team.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/28/2011, 08:58 PM
I posted some stuff in the other thread about him lately...The NFL changed him a lot and he's trying to get the old him back...The guy turned into a jerk and grew a pretty craptastic attitude..Holding himself out of games..And he has never been a leave it all on the field type player anyway..He doesn't need football..He wanted to play football long enough to get paid and then live a healthy life.

47straight
9/28/2011, 10:08 PM
I posted some stuff in the other thread about him lately...The NFL changed him a lot and he's trying to get the old him back...The guy turned into a jerk and grew a pretty craptastic attitude..Holding himself out of games..And he has never been a leave it all on the field type player anyway..He doesn't need football..He wanted to play football long enough to get paid and then live a healthy life.

Nothing wrong with just wanting to play football enough to get paid and then lead a healthy life. I hope his attitude gets better, though. For his own sake.

Sooner13
9/28/2011, 11:37 PM
I hope Tommie can get his attitude right and work things out for himself. When was the last time he made an appearance at a game in Norman? I really can't recall at the moment. Regardless, let's get the dude back in Norman and show him that we remember the person and player the he was/IS. I hate to see someone from any walk of life lose themself in the midst of things that really don't matter at the end of the day (money, possessions, etc.). Not saying this is the case, just hope the guy can find his place and figure things out.

starclassic tama
9/29/2011, 01:09 AM
sad to hear... the guy had as much if not more physical ability than any defensive tackle i have ever seen... i was in awe when he stepped foot on campus

stoops the eternal pimp
9/29/2011, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the guy had enough natural ability to move right on into the league..Tommie never really had to work hard for anything, because he walked on campus a great DT...People forget, he only played 30-35 snaps a game here and just to be expected to play every snap and bust his butt to get his spot while in Chicago...I think when Lovie cut Mark Bradley, it was really all over by then.

OULenexaman
9/29/2011, 08:29 AM
yep.....that's when the real friction started and it never let up after that.