PDA

View Full Version : Fire Josh Norvell!!!

goingoneight
9/3/2011, 11:37 PM
It had to be done... :D

Seriously, though... I mean, who calls run plays right up the gut in the redzone anyway? ;)

badger
9/3/2011, 11:40 PM
It had to be done... :D

Seriously, though... I mean, who calls run plays right up the gut in the redzone anyway? ;)

I hate to ruin your joke, but the guy who did began his IU coaching career today with a loss to Ball State. :(

I feel bad for him. I really wanted him to shut those radio jerks mouths.

goingoneight
9/3/2011, 11:43 PM
I don't think many coaches would have success up there, though.

goingoneight
9/3/2011, 11:45 PM
... and FTR, only one thing I saw tonight looked different than what KW ran, and that was the tricky formation that simply ended up being a Broyles out-route. No diamond formation was a little weird, but maybe it's still in there for FSU... along with more touches for Finch.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/4/2011, 12:08 AM
i think we held off on opening up the playbook too much. not to mention, we really dind't need to with the one kid that had a "Whale-Y of a game."

Curly Bill
9/4/2011, 12:10 AM
I don't think peeps had a problem with KW calling run plays up the middle. I think the problem was he'd keep calling them even when it was obvious to most that it wasn't working. Tonight it worked for the most part, so it made sense.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/4/2011, 12:11 AM
werd

goingoneight
9/4/2011, 12:16 AM
Before this thread gets outta hand, I'll remind everyone (n00bs) that this is what we at SF.com call a sarcasm thread.

Seriously, though... the run blocking looked good for the first game. Landry was a little high and behind the receivers early-on, but eventually settled into what he normally looks like. Lots of positives to take from tonight. Stills will be returning for FSU, we didn't fully open up the playbook and we were VERY close on most of the plays to making them even bigger plays. WAY better looking than we were going into the FSU game a year ago.

Curly Bill
9/4/2011, 12:19 AM
Agree. For the first game it looked like all systems were GO.

...and yeah, being able to run the ball was allsome.

badger
9/4/2011, 12:20 AM
Fire Josh Hype-L. The lack of touchdown-tight-end was appalling.

Fire Brent Vulnerables. The lack of shutout is unacceptable.

^^^ more sarcasm!!!!! ^^^

Curly Bill
9/4/2011, 12:26 AM
How about we fire Jimmy Stevens? Anyone with serious objections to that? :tongue:

BoulderSooner79
9/4/2011, 01:24 AM
How about we fire Jimmy Stevens? Anyone with serious objections to that? :tongue:

That would be me - JS is a super-hero.

Curly Bill
9/4/2011, 01:27 AM
Super-hero? Whatever super-powers he has they obviously don't involve kicking a football. :tongue:

Soonerus
9/4/2011, 01:27 AM
For an opener, it was excellent !!!

Sooner_Tuf
9/4/2011, 01:36 AM
I thought we played about as vanilla as could be and played to not get anyone hurt for the most part.

I kinda feel for Blankenship. His baptismal to college football is OU and Boise. Then he has to be put up with the Ags in his house.

OUNASH
9/4/2011, 09:26 AM

I second that.

LVSOONER15
9/4/2011, 09:37 AM
It really looked like we didn't open up the play book, well we really didn't need to. Great job SOONERS.

BigTip
9/4/2011, 09:39 AM
i think we held off on opening up the playbook too much.

I was thinking this too.

delhalew
9/4/2011, 09:44 AM

Nope.

badger
9/4/2011, 10:01 AM
Jimmy only missed an extra point. Not the end of the world. I saw A LOT of missed extra points this opening weekend from many top teams.

However, if you vBet for him to be perfect, I understand your vFrustrations :D

Turd_Ferguson
9/4/2011, 10:01 AM
Nope.Leave him out of this...