PDA

View Full Version : to all you Sooners who grew up on Oklahoma Soil

SoonerinSouthlake
9/3/2011, 11:15 AM
I grew up in Texas...so as a OU Grad and Die hard Sooner... my hatred is completely aimed at whorn. Now I want to beat all rivals, but I never felt the same passionate hate towards LITTLE BROTHER as those of you who grew up and still live in Oklahoma. Ive seen their stupidity on their boards, and cant believe their smack talk considering the underwhelming results against us.... but I dont have a lifetime of it like you.

That being said here is the reason for this post. I, as a lifelong whornhater, actually dont want to separate ourselves from whorn. The rivalry is so much fun to me. BUT as we go 100 miles per hour towards some sort of realignment, do you lifelong Stoolwater haters want to leave OSU in the dust or do you want to stay attached because passion the "rivalry" brings about?

Discuss.

hawaii 5-0
9/3/2011, 11:20 AM
Keep the Hatred going.

5-0

sooner59
9/3/2011, 11:22 AM
I don't see the passion. Hell, its ain't really a rivalry, just a beat down. Its a rivalry to THEM. I could care less if we ever play them again.

En_Fuego
9/3/2011, 11:29 AM
I am amazed that Dan Beebe gets away with letting the conference go in the ****ter. OSU is a fun game, its like playing a game with your little sister. Texas is ....well ...its like playing a game with your retarded little cousin that thinks he's the greatest.

FIRE DAN BEEBE..............

sooner59
9/3/2011, 11:30 AM
That is an astute assessment.

chad
9/3/2011, 11:51 AM
I don't see the passion. Hell, its ain't really a rivalry, just a beat down. Its a rivalry to THEM. I could care less if we ever play them again.

+1

82-16-7 does not a rivalry make. If it is to be considered a rivalry, it's the laughing stock of all rivalries.

Hell, we've played OSU 105 times and they've only been able to rack up 16 wins. Our other Oklahoma school, Tulsa, has played us 24 times and managed to win 7 of those. From a purely win/loss percentage, Tulsa is more of a threat than OSU.

(yea that ignores some basic logic about the current state of the program, but from a purely statistical standpoint holds true)

bluedogok
9/3/2011, 11:55 AM
I grew up in Texas...so as a OU Grad and Die hard Sooner... my hatred is completely aimed at whorn. Now I want to beat all rivals, but I never felt the same passionate hate towards LITTLE BROTHER as those of you who grew up and still live in Oklahoma. Ive seen their stupidity on their boards, and cant believe their smack talk considering the underwhelming results against us.... but I dont have a lifetime of it like you.

That being said here is the reason for this post. I, as a lifelong whornhater, actually dont want to separate ourselves from whorn. The rivalry is so much fun to me. BUT as we go 100 miles per hour towards some sort of realignment, do you lifelong Stoolwater haters want to leave OSU in the dust or do you want to stay attached because passion the "rivalry" brings about?

Discuss.
I have only lived in Texas for 10 of my 47 years, two in Dallas (91-93) and in Austin since 2003, the other 37 years were spent in OKC (my first six months were in Altus). We plan on moving to Denver sometime in the next year so that will end my time in Texas. I worked at a large architecture/engineering firm in OKC for 11 years, more than half of the 200-300 employees were OSU alums. My dad worked there 34.5 years, I never understood his dislike of OSU until I went to work there and dealt with some of those people constantly, after then I understood and grew to feel the same way (although not to the same extent) as he did. Most were good natured but there were a good number of totally obnoxious ones that created my opinion of them.

I found Texas fans in Dallas to be more obnoxious than the ones in Austin (it was in the dark days of the early 90's), the further they get away from Austin the worse they get. My uncle has lived most of his life in Dallas since the early 70's (except for three years here in Austin and seven years in Tokyo in the late 80's to mid 90's), his HATE of Texas is great after that many years of dealing with them. I just haven't found that type of Texas fan here in Austin.

For the most part I don't care if we maintain rivalries with either of them anymore, once the Nebraska rivalry was ended it kind of changed the entire dynamic for me. While the OU-Texas game is epic, I understand completely if it were to go away. Tradition was rendered irrelevant in 1996 when the SWC was added to the Big 8. I would rather go back to the old Big 8 but that ship has sailed and is never coming back. Like I stated in another thread, I'm ready for the Big 12 to be pronounced dead and for OU to head off to the SEC, Big 10 or Pac with or without OSU or Texas. I'm just looking forward to a new future.

ouwasp
9/3/2011, 12:02 PM
Can't stand the poke fans. They are so obtuse. If OU were in a position to leave them in the dust, they prolly wouldn't though. If such a situation were to come to pass, OU should say the only way the series continues is if the OU Ath. Dept were provided 20k tickets at Lewis Field or whatever they call it now. Hey, at least the pokes would get their coveted sellout!

But if it were strictly up to me, the Sooners would not play the pokes for a long time... make 'em beg.

Whet
9/3/2011, 12:04 PM
OU should do what is in the best interest of OU, if that means leaving OSU, so be it.

LiveLaughLove
9/3/2011, 01:47 PM
If we can go to the SEC and leave OSU and UT behind, that would be the best scenario to me. Playing OSU does nothing for us and only helps them on the few years they can win it. We could drop UT and add aTm in Dallas to keep our Texas recruiting going. For those that just freaked out, if we can drop our Nebraska rivalry, then we can drop UT too. They are a plague on football. We would get some new great rivalries in the SEC with LSU, Bama, etc.

If we go to the Pac then we probably have to bring both of them with us, which is why I favor the SEC (even though I am pretty positive it's not going to happen). There are no new rivalries that I can see forming with any of the Pac teams. We just don't seem to be a natural fit with them, IMO. So we would need to keep our games with OSU and UT from a rivalry standpoint.

cleller
9/3/2011, 01:54 PM
I was raised exclusively on Oklahoma soil; unfortunately it was the stinking clay type with little nutritional value. I would not mind one bit leaving OSU behind forever. We smack them around like a paddle-ball 98% of the time, but they are always there waiting for that once-in-a-generation opportunity to feel like a winner.
Its like having a rock in your tire. Doesn't slow you down, but the pissy little noise is irritating.

tcrb
9/3/2011, 01:54 PM
I dont give a rat's *** about either one of them. But if we needed to choose one or the other, the rivalry with whorn is a classic....aggie, just an annual opportunity to embarrass them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/3/2011, 02:40 PM
I don't see the passion. Hell, its ain't really a rivalry, just a beat down. Its a rivalry to THEM. I could care less if we ever play them again.This is how I feel. But, if ever, for any (cough-T-bone) reason they should ever start getting better recruits than us, we would need to play their sheep-humping as*es to put them back where they belong.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/4/2011, 08:36 PM
This is how I feel. But, if ever, for any (cough-T-bone) reason they should ever start getting better recruits than us, we would need to play their sheep-humping as*es to put them back where they belong.

This actually makes enough sense as a major reason to drag them along. As long is TBONE is around they are going to be getting tons of $$ injected and they cleary have impressive facilities. Per the KING in this interview, their shiny facilities could be a pretty big draw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KV-jBcLqeM

The annual Arse whipping probably plays a big role in keeping the best recruits headed our way..yes?

King Crimson
9/4/2011, 08:39 PM
we had plenty of hate in our hearts when UT wasn't in the same conference for the vast majority of the rivalry. non-issue to me.

they have 1 NC in my lifetime. we have 4. all i need to know.

silverwheels
9/4/2011, 08:40 PM
I care most about keeping a connection with Texas, both the state and the University. If OSU comes with us, fine. If not, whatever.