PDA

View Full Version : If you listen really hard you can almost hear...

colleyvillesooner
9/3/2011, 07:34 AM
this coming from Stillwater, cause they'd never say it real loud...

Please please PLEASE take us with you.

GreenSooner
9/3/2011, 07:42 AM
Much as it would be fun to see Little Brother in C-USA, I think we should--and will--take 'em wherever we're going.

Sooner_Tuf
9/3/2011, 10:59 AM
F' em let Boone get them in somewhere. NAIA perhaps?

GottaHavePride
9/3/2011, 11:01 AM
B1G wouldn't take them academically. PAC isn't that big on wrasslin'. ;)

ouwasp
9/3/2011, 11:18 AM
I say leave 'em behind and not play them ooc. To heck with them. See how T Boone likes that.

They need to learn to respect their betters.

badger
9/3/2011, 11:32 AM
But... but... what will be the season ticket holder only game if they don't have the Gooner game? :rolleyes:

bluedogok
9/3/2011, 11:38 AM
that giant sucking sound.....

badger
9/3/2011, 11:40 AM
Boren is the political master. The legislature has usually agreed with him as OU prez and I don't see any elected guys raising a big stink, even if OSU ends up in the Sun Belt... well, maybe the Sun Belt, but not MWC or C-USA. That would at least set up an annual OSU-Tulsa matchup :D

OSU's 50 national titles (update your sign at the Tulsa airport, btw) have no clout, because none are in football. Sorry Pokes.

possumfat
9/3/2011, 11:45 AM
Boone will take care of them..............................

badger
9/3/2011, 11:47 AM
He sank all his money in only a few baskets. In energy, he went all-in on wind turbines (fail). In college football, he donated some to wifey's alma mater UT, but mostly to OSU (epic fail).

If only he remembered his original school A&M, they might have listened when he told em to stay Big 12. :rcmad:

BHB 91
9/3/2011, 11:49 AM
I hope we leave them behind. There is no advantage to OU if we stay in the same conference. At least with texass, the game will always have national exposure and recruiting is a plus, especially when we beat them. There is definitely more advantages in keeping the whorns with us, although I feel Boren is doing what is best for us at this point, both academically and athletically.

There is way more advantage to OSU than OU if we stay together. I bet T Boone and Gumby are pi$$ing their pants right now waiting in anticipation!

badger
9/3/2011, 11:58 AM
Just lurked on OP. Those Pokes really know their place in this reallignment... how humbling. They kind of think that they have some say, but only because Hargis and Boren are friends and Boren wouldn't just shut him out completely when they're deciding... but they also acknowledge that OU is their daddy and will have the final say. LOL.

Stoops is your daddy too. And he will have the final say at the end of the regular season :D

Landthief 1972
9/3/2011, 12:04 PM
I think you're all underestimating the power of the State House and Senate in deciding if OSU follows OU to the PAC or SEC. OSU is still a state university, and it is in the best interest of the state to make sure OSU can get as much money and exposure as possible.

badger
9/3/2011, 12:06 PM
State legislature: We are concerned about OU and OSU not being in the same sports conference.
Boren: No you're not.
State leg: You're right, we're not.

bluedogok
9/3/2011, 12:09 PM
He sank all his money in only a few baskets. In energy, he went all-in on wind turbines (fail). In college football, he donated some to wifey's alma mater UT, but mostly to OSU (epic fail).

If only he remembered his original school A&M, they might have listened when he told em to stay Big 12. :rcmad:
Wind energy was a ruse to cover up his real investments, his natural gas holdings and foray into water rights. While he was making news with the Pickens Plan regarding natural gas and wind he was quietly trying to buy up water rights and develop water pipelines. All with the money that he "gave OSU" which ended up right back in his investment fund. He really gave OSU nothing more than a pledge, which he actually donates to the school in much smaller chunks than they acted like what happens at the press conference. Pickens wouldn't have just given that money to OSU if he didn't control what happens to every bit of it.

Sooner_Tuf
9/3/2011, 12:12 PM
I think you're all underestimating the power of the State House and Senate in deciding if OSU follows OU to the PAC or SEC. OSU is still a state university, and it is in the best interest of the state to make sure OSU can get as much money and exposure as possible.

Actually they have no say. Both Universities are governed by their respective Board of Regents. They can have an opinion and make that opinion public but they have no part in the process.

ouwasp
9/3/2011, 12:14 PM
badger, could you post a link to their musings? Thanks.

badger
9/3/2011, 12:14 PM
I guess the legislature could threaten to withhold state funding, but the thought of the howling from constituents when OU tuition and fees skyrocket to make up the difference would be too much to endure politically.

The OU regents always agree with Boren. Most stuff at those meetings pass without any discussion.

Sooner_Tuf
9/3/2011, 12:15 PM
Wind energy was a ruse to cover up his real investments, his natural gas holdings and foray into water rights. While he was making news with the Pickens Plan regarding natural gas and wind he was quietly trying to buy up water rights and develop water pipelines. All with the money that he "gave OSU" which ended up right back in his investment fund. He really gave OSU nothing more than a pledge, which he actually donates to the school in much smaller chunks than they acted like what happens at the press conference. Pickens wouldn't have just given that money to OSU if he didn't control what happens to every bit of it.

This is correct. His donations were actually to Cowboy Athletics Inc, a private corporation owned by Mike Holder and Boone Pickins. The University used those funds to secure loans to pay for improvements. T Boone donated money to himself.

badger
9/3/2011, 12:15 PM
badger, could you post a link to their musings? Thanks.

Oh I guess if you're really bored.

Link (http://www.orangepower.com/forums/aggieapocalypse/)

bluedogok
9/3/2011, 12:16 PM
This is correct. His donations were actually to Cowboy Athletics Inc, a private corporation owned by Mike Holder and Boone Pickins. The University used those funds to secure loans to pay for improvements. T Boone donated money to himself.
Pickens may be a crook, but he ain't a stupid crook.

Landthief 1972
9/3/2011, 12:17 PM
Pickens may be a crook, but he ain't a stupid crook.

Unlike the Pokie fans who worship him like he's the second coming of Christ.

Seamus
9/3/2011, 01:00 PM
State legislature: We are concerned about OU and OSU not being in the same sports conference.
Boren: No you're not.
State leg: You're right, we're not.

This had me ROFLing ... made me think of:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sFECFHwPkCQ/SLgd3deqH4I/AAAAAAAAAFQ/lTB6GEOHtW0/s400/600px-Mindtrick.jpg

"There is no concern about OU and OSU not being in the same sports conference."

Landthief 1972
9/3/2011, 05:46 PM
Actually they have no say. Both Universities are governed by their respective Board of Regents. They can have an opinion and make that opinion public but they have no part in the process.

Of course they have no say, on the books, as it were. But don't pretend there's not OSU alumni Senators and Reps making phone calls to Boren right now kissing his ***...and Boren has been around the government game enough to know how to collect favors.