PDA

View Full Version : Even NASACAR drivers want to distance them selfs from OBAMA

OUHOMER
9/3/2011, 07:24 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Five-drivers-decline-invite-to-White-House-due-t?urn=nascar-wp3582

Even tho i dont like him, i still respect the office of the POTUS. I would be there in a heart beat.

soonercruiser
9/3/2011, 01:46 PM
There are several angles to look at this.

1. Why the he11 is Obama meeting with NASCAR drivers?
My gut feeling is either he has something that he wants to twist their arms on. Or, it's just another political photo shoot op for the POTUS - where he thinks he might gain 4 or 5 votes.2.
So, the #1 question is why the event?

2. Why would any NASCAR driver say they can't attend - without a good "EXCUSE"?
NASCAR does not need any negative press - political or not. It's all about the money and public perception.
For a driver to openly not attend, or say something negative, would obviously reflect negatively on NASCAR, more than the driver himself.

3. This type of event, with the obvious underlying motivation, is not likely to make any significant political hay for Obama. Fans will see it for what it is!
NASCAR fans tend to be red-neck, beer drinking, gun toting, bible thumping PATRIOTS!

So, if the drivers said something negative, or blatently refused to attend, it would cost them more than Obama.
So, just go along, to get along, is what they will do.