PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs Whorns

Cinco Ranch Cougar
9/2/2011, 03:00 PM
One of our Sooner faithful has a son on the Rice squad and will hit the field tomorrow night. This is a momentus day for his Sooner Daddy and will be even more momentus if My Owls can duplicate My Sooners with a victory tomorrow night.
I know I will recieve many responses in jest about the Owl's chances tomorrow night and will take them as intended - in fun only. But I sure would like to see those pukes fall tomorrow night.
GO OWLS
BOOMER SOONER

swardboy
9/2/2011, 03:03 PM
Rootin' for the hooters in this corner!!

saucysoonergal
9/2/2011, 03:04 PM
http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/Rice%20Owl%20logo053110.jpg

cccasooner2
9/2/2011, 04:02 PM
I'm always rootin' against *, so that leaves the Owls. Go Owls.

GoOwls
9/2/2011, 11:16 PM
Stand! Cheer! Drink more beer! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RICE!

Peach Fuzz
9/2/2011, 11:20 PM
Can anyone tell me what will be different for Rice this year? Will they be better and if you could tell me why? I think UT will be a lot better, now that they have a run game to take GG out of the equation.

Boomer.....
9/2/2011, 11:22 PM
I partied and stayed at Rice during the Big 12 championship a handful of years back when we played Colorado. There's no doubt who Sooners will root for.

Sooner_Tuf
9/3/2011, 01:56 AM
I partied and stayed at Rice during the Big 12 championship a handful of years back when we played Colorado. There's no doubt who Sooners will root for.

Why will Texas' run game be better this year than last year?

LASooner
9/3/2011, 04:12 AM
The 4 people who have the Longhorn Network will be watching.

bluedogok
9/3/2011, 11:21 AM
The 4 people who have the Longhorn Network will be watching.
They are up to about 300,000 POTENTIAL cable viewers, in Austin there is only about 20,000 outside of the UT campus. There is a potential number of 4,000,000 on Verizon Fios but reality dictates they get a mere fraction of those.

Here is a quote from Directv in an article in today's Statesman: Statesman.com - Grande adds Longhorn Network, but few in area will see today's game (http://www.statesman.com/news/grande-adds-longhorn-network-but-few-in-area-1816247.html)

"We've had discussions with ESPN about Longhorn Network, but we have no plans right now to carry it," said DirecTV spokesman Robert Mercer. "We understand Longhorn has other programming that may be of value to a small segment of our customers, but two UT football games do not constitute a network. We're happy to carry those two games under the considerable fees we already pay ESPN for programming that includes the Big 12."

They did sign an agreement to carry the final five UTSA football games this season. So there will be more than the UT-Rice and UT-Kansas games on there channel. The bars in Austin have to have some hope in the fact they will be able to show the OU-Tulsa game tonight.....I find that rather humorous.

kevpks
9/3/2011, 02:38 PM
I think the Horns are smart. If they lose, no one will see it.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/3/2011, 02:41 PM
Can anyone tell me what will be different for Rice this year? Will they be better and if you could tell me why? I think UT will be a lot better, now that they have a run game to take GG out of the equation.

They now have a run game? How do you know that? :fat: If you're thinking Malcolm Brown; he hasn't proven anything yet.

Boomer.....
9/3/2011, 02:44 PM
Why will Texas' run game be better this year than last year?

I never said they would.

UTgradOUfan
9/3/2011, 06:40 PM
In last year's game Rice gave the whorns all they wanted until late in the third quarter. The whorns still have a goober at QB, no OL, no recievers who could start for the Sooners and perhaps best of all fozzy is still the best RB they have.
It is going to be fun being a Sooner fan in Austin again this year!

SouthTxSooner
9/3/2011, 09:28 PM
http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4e624b14e2663

If you want to watch here's the game link.

Sooner_Tuf
9/3/2011, 10:40 PM
I never said they would.

Oops sorry meant to quote the post above yours, sorry!

SouthTxSooner
9/3/2011, 11:58 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/SthTxSooner/RiceBand.jpg

Rice's band wanted to make a statement..

SoonerMom2
9/4/2011, 01:38 AM
I think what the Rice band did was hilarious.

Captain Cob Mob
9/4/2011, 01:40 AM
Me too. Awesome. They messed with Texas in their own special way.

LASooner
9/4/2011, 02:15 AM
look at all the camera phones out in that picture.

swardboy
9/4/2011, 05:43 AM
That's not farked? Freakin' hilarious!!!!

King Crimson
9/4/2011, 06:09 AM
when we play Rice it's a cupcake.

when Texas plays Rice it's a traditional SWC rivalry.

bluedogok
9/4/2011, 09:25 AM
That's not farked? Freakin' hilarious!!!!
Nope, very real.

goodonya
9/4/2011, 10:09 AM
One of our Sooner faithful has a son on the Rice squad and will hit the field tomorrow night. This is a momentus day for his Sooner Daddy and will be even more momentus if My Owls can duplicate My Sooners with a victory tomorrow night.
I know I will recieve many responses in jest about the Owl's chances tomorrow night and will take them as intended - in fun only. But I sure would like to see those pukes fall tomorrow night.
GO OWLS
BOOMER SOONER

Cinco - Pin Oak Katy Tiger & Sooner wishing your boy and the Owls a great year.

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 10:14 AM
Did someone forget to tell the Rice band that they were playing the horns and not A&M?