PDA

View Full Version : It's going to get cooler!

SoonerLaw09
9/2/2011, 11:10 AM
Finally. Front should come in after teh game on Sat. nite. In the 80s Sunday-Monday. Labor Day grilling FTW!!!!

I'm stoked. I detest hot weather. I hate it when my a$z sweats, and my junk sticks to my legs. Can't get a decent nights sleep. A/C can't keep up when it gets above 95. I just about told the family to pack up all our stuff and we're moving to Idaho. I honestly don't know if I can take another summer like this.

Mississippi Sooner
9/2/2011, 11:16 AM
Looks like we're gonna have tropical storm Lee to deal with down here. They are talking 10" of rain or more. Gonna have to do my grilling in the carport, I guess.

badger
9/2/2011, 11:23 AM
You'll have to make it through Saturday football first! Try to think about the football, not the weather. :D

Jacie
9/2/2011, 11:40 AM
I feel bad for my family in OKC. Here in the north country I only installed one of my three window units and used that one only two days this summer. The August rainfall record was shattered when we got three inches in one day and that was before Irene weather dumped another inch on us. It has felt like fall here most of the summer with only a couple of sticky days, that being a relative term as our worst days would have seemed like blessed relief in Oklahoma. There's no interstate and decent shopping is a 2+ hour drive away but there is nothing wrong with the spring-summer-fall weather here.

Sooner Mommy
9/2/2011, 11:57 AM
Finally. Front should come in after teh game on Sat. nite. In the 80s Sunday-Monday. Labor Day grilling FTW!!!!

I'm stoked. I detest hot weather. I hate it when my a$z sweats, and my junk sticks to my legs. Can't get a decent nights sleep. A/C can't keep up when it gets above 95. I just about told the family to pack up all our stuff and we're moving to Idaho. I honestly don't know if I can take another summer like this.

Between this gem and the thread about the locker room, I am so glad I am a woman.

SoonerLaw09
9/3/2011, 09:13 AM
Well...if given the choice between the occasional junk discomfort vs. hemmoraghing once a month, I'll take the junk. :D

BudSooner
9/3/2011, 09:59 AM
Looks like we're gonna have tropical storm Lee to deal with down here. They are talking 10" of rain or more. Gonna have to do my grilling in the carport, I guess.

Wish I had 10"

Turd_Ferguson
9/3/2011, 10:05 AM
Wish I had 10"Srsly, PM me...

SoonerLaw09
9/3/2011, 10:56 AM
Well it's nice to know things don't change. It still only takes about 5 posts before someone gheys up an SO thread. :)

Okla-homey
9/3/2011, 10:59 AM
Well...if given the choice between the occasional junk discomfort vs. hemmoraghing once a month, I'll take the junk. :D

and we don't have to wear sweaty nylon pockets and tight straps across our chestal regions neither.

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 02:25 PM
and we don't have to wear sweaty nylon pockets and tight straps across our chestal regions neither.
This +100.

cleller
9/4/2011, 10:25 PM
I rigged up an outdoor shower this summer using a big plastic barrel. (I live out in the sticks). Showered outdoors all summer using free solar heated water. Never had to squeegee the shower, and I was dry in 30 seconds.
Tonight I was forced to shower inside. Felt barbaric being surrounded by glass and tile.

The cool air, and sleeping with the windows open and the a/c off is a pretty good trade off.

En_Fuego
9/4/2011, 11:47 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww yes

En_Fuego
9/4/2011, 11:50 PM
The cool air, and sleeping with the windows open and the a/c off is a pretty good trade off.

YES

C&CDean
9/5/2011, 08:33 AM
I feel bad for my family in OKC. Here in the north country I only installed one of my three window units and used that one only two days this summer. The August rainfall record was shattered when we got three inches in one day and that was before Irene weather dumped another inch on us. It has felt like fall here most of the summer with only a couple of sticky days, that being a relative term as our worst days would have seemed like blessed relief in Oklahoma. There's no interstate and decent shopping is a 2+ hour drive away but there is nothing wrong with the spring-summer-fall weather here.

Get back to us in February or so and tell us how much you like the weather up there.

It feels effing wonderful this morning. I had to put on some socks to sit on the porch and have coffee. It's downright chilly out there. The porch thermometer said 59 degrees at 7. No A/C all night, windows open, no humidity. The only thing we need now is some danged rain.