PDA

View Full Version : OKlahoma Local: Corporation Commissioner Jeff Cloud resigned

OUMallen
9/2/2011, 08:44 AM
Mattress Mary gets to appoint someone.

Good question: is it unethical to quite your elected term early just to take a job in the private sector?

Ton Loc
9/2/2011, 09:25 AM
It feels unethical.

Jeff said it was a hard decision. I think the only hard part was figuring out if the giant salary increase was worth enough to sell out.
I know some people at my company aren't super pleased with his decision.

okie52
9/2/2011, 09:45 AM
We have a president that quit his senate term early after he said he wouldn't run....seems like politicians do it all of the time.

Midtowner
9/2/2011, 10:28 AM
At least he isn't on Continental Resources' payroll while still on the Corp Comm'n.

OhU1
9/2/2011, 10:35 AM
From a 2008 article about Cloud: "We read it, but we can’t believe it.

Jeff Cloud, the incumbent Corporation Commissioner seeking re-election for another six-year term, has been a favorite topic for OKPNS because he’s so, well, entertaining.

We’ve documented his penchants for, shall we say, a lax work ethic. And we’ve criticized him for cozying up to apostate Republicans and trying to leverage his position into a high-paying, low workload position with a company he regulates as a commissioner. "

http://www.okpns.com/2008/10/28/jeff-cloud-the-dumbest-republican-politician-in-oklahoma/

okie52
9/2/2011, 10:38 AM
Is Cloud on Continental's payroll now or, more importantly, while he was a commissioner?

OUMallen
9/2/2011, 12:20 PM
He'd probably be in jail if it was known he was accepting payments from CLR while a Commissioner.