PDA

View Full Version : Let the Fun Begin

NYC Poke
9/1/2011, 11:58 PM
Finally!!! This has been the craziest damned off-season I've seen in a long time. Here's to it finally coming to an end!

Speaking of long times, I haven't been around in a while. I hope my friends here are all well.

This has the makings of a beautiful season. Sooners are loaded for a run at a MNC, we have a legitimate chance to take it away from you WHILE having a pretty good season of our own, we both hate Texas almost equally now (though I suspect we have some catching up to do there as well), and all three of us hate Aggie.

It's going to be interesting.

Anyway, good luck. If I disappear for a bit more, it's just because I'm working a lot, but I'll try to check in more often. I've missed you guys.

Good luck this season.

Widescreen
9/2/2011, 12:06 AM
Don't stay gone too long. You're the only poke I can put up with.

Lott's Bandana
9/2/2011, 12:06 AM
Welcome back bro. You are always welcome. You might be bored though, Lid disappeared last Oct. Sic 'em is still here tho. Veritas still representin from Nebbish.

Glad Irenemageddon didn't getcha.

sooner59
9/2/2011, 12:18 AM
Welcome back. And yes Lid is AWOL. And I have a suspicion that Leroy may be dead.

olevetonahill
9/2/2011, 12:21 AM
Don't stay gone too long. You're the only poke I can put up with.

This is true. Plus hes the ONLY poke allowed at the Hideout, He even has his ORANGE color there (GAG)

NYC Poke
9/2/2011, 12:45 AM
Vet!!!!! Good to see you again, buddy! Is the hideout still hiding out?

Irene. Serious storm. I almost ran out of booze! It was nice having the down time with nothing to do, though.

Sic 'Em? WTF? Did he finally get laid and decide to start living life offline?

It's weird getting to know people online. They disappear and you don't know what happened. You hope for the best but you don't know. In my case, it's been feast or famine. After the economy crashed I went through some pretty rough unemployment, followed by sporadic employment, followed by working my *** off.

STEP tracked me down on OP, though. Hopefully he kept people posted. Good guy, STEP.

sooner59
9/2/2011, 01:59 AM
STEP is probably the best person on this board. And glad to know you you at least got "some" work. I am SOL. You are welcome to the Hideout anytime as we have said. You are alright in our opinion. Sic'em is still around. He doing Hopi raindances to assure Baylor beats TCU. Living a life online? You'll have to ask him. Don't be a stranger.

OUHOMER
9/2/2011, 07:55 AM
Glad you alive poke, I was wondering what happened to ya.

Boomer.....
9/2/2011, 08:14 AM
Good hearing from you NYC!

badger
9/2/2011, 09:27 AM
Yay, the other resident Poke fan is back! You two are good Poke people... if Stunned Aggie ever made an appearance, we'd have the only three reasonable pokes in the world... on a sooner message board. The rest are over at OP trying to decide if they want to accept the SEC bid or the PAC bid that they'll get without OU, lol.

OKLA21FAN
9/2/2011, 10:33 AM
and so it begins :disillusionment:
Sooners are loaded for a run at a MNC, we have a legitimate chance to take it away from you WHILE having a pretty good season of our own

Mississippi Sooner
9/2/2011, 10:51 AM
:stunned:

NYC Poke
9/3/2011, 01:38 AM
and so it begins :disillusionment:

LOL. Hey, we ARE good this year. Our home-and-away schedule this year scares me, but my nightmare is that we'll have a dream season and then lose in Stillwater when the weather is cold. I think we're strong, but you guys are crazy good this year. Just our luck.

I'd say our offenses are a push, but you guys still have us on defense. What wins championships?

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes. I hope to talk to you guys a lot more during the season. I got out of work a little early tonight and was able to watch a 4th Quarter where Baylor took TCU's caackage out of the media's mouth. I know I may be the last one, but I still felt a twinge of conference loyalty.

Sooner_Tuf
9/3/2011, 02:14 AM
OU wins Championships.

Flagstaffsooner
9/3/2011, 02:44 AM
OU wins Championships.:victorious:

swardboy
9/3/2011, 06:42 AM
I think we're strong, but you guys are crazy good this year. Just our luck.

The.Story.Of.Your.Life.

And your my favorite Pokie....welcome back.