PDA

View Full Version : Referee attacked at youth football game

MR2-Sooner86
9/1/2011, 09:09 PM
Story and Video (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/sun_coast/fighting-erupts-at-youth-football-game-08312011)

Parents and coaches getting out of control over a children's game? I never!

C&CDean
9/1/2011, 09:24 PM
I think I saw this on TV. They were all black, huh? I ain't clicking on the video.

sooner59
9/1/2011, 09:36 PM
The white parents were the most awful ones when my dad was our little league baseball coach. I just wanted to walk off the diamond and smack the **** out of them in the stands.

OUTromBoNado
9/4/2011, 03:30 AM
Some upset father tried to climb the backstop to attack my dad when he was an umpire back when I was in little league. One of the other parents walked over and said, "You really need to get down from there." After receiving a response of "**** off" from the angry guy, he promptly flashed him his badge as a Tulsa County Sheriff Deputy and arrested him. This was back in the 80s. Too many parents try to live vicariously through their kids. It's one thing to be proud of your child and defend them when they are being wronged, but do it in the right situation. Not over a ****ing game.

cleller
9/4/2011, 10:27 PM
I've seen the video, disgusting. Once the ref hit the ground it was pure frenzy, kicking the guy when he's down, etc. Animal-type behavior.

Memtig14
9/4/2011, 10:34 PM
The behavior on the field is bad enough, but geez, that girl can't be a professional journalist.

This country is going to h*ll in a hurry.

Memtig14
9/4/2011, 10:53 PM
........a boy on the Sarasota Youth Gators knock the ref right off his feet.

I guess they no longer proofread?

MR2-Sooner86
9/5/2011, 07:51 AM
Animal-type behavior.

Racist!

Memtig14
9/5/2011, 11:08 AM
Racist!

Did you forget to put in the sarcasm emoticon?

AlboSooner
9/5/2011, 11:11 AM
so when do we riot?

8timechamps
9/5/2011, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately, this isn't an isolated incident. I've seen some crazy *** behavior over the years. Some people (of any race) are just ghetto. The worst part of it all is that most of the kids don't think twice when a perceived bad call is made. And none of them think about it after they get home from the game and start playing xBox.

cleller
9/7/2011, 09:12 AM
Very fundamental example of pack behavior regardless of race. The prey is encircled and confused. The pack waits for a member to initiate an attack, then joins in.

cleller
9/7/2011, 09:12 AM
Racist? Nah.

Very fundamental example of pack behavior regardless of race. The prey is encircled and confused. The pack waits for a member to initiate an attack, then joins in.