PDA

View Full Version : Are You Superstitious???

CBUS_SOONER
9/1/2011, 05:49 PM
What are some things you do before/during every game

Wishboned
9/1/2011, 05:53 PM
If I tell you then my rituals won't work.

Peach Fuzz
9/1/2011, 05:58 PM
On Sundays before film started from our high school games, my coach would always watch the cowboys and change the channel twice after 5 seconds then back to the game for bad plays and stuff lol.

I have this thing where I sometimes cross my arms when we're on defense and won't on offense. We kick *** when I remember heh.

sluggo sooner
9/1/2011, 06:11 PM
Although I have worn the same shirt for the first game of the season for at least the last 10 years (and will be wearing it again Saturday), I do wash it – thus proving that I am not superstitious.

btk108
9/1/2011, 06:23 PM
I never EVER bet on a Sooners Football game...ever, ever, ever.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/1/2011, 06:31 PM
Hang the OU flag

C&CDean
9/1/2011, 06:36 PM
No, I'm caucasian. Thanks for asking though.

SoonerOX
9/2/2011, 12:41 AM
I wear my once white OU hat. It hasn't been washed since 2002.

rekamrettuB
9/2/2011, 04:01 AM
No...I am a little stitious tho, just not super.

mainline13
9/2/2011, 06:33 AM
It's bad luck to be superstitious.

oudavid1
9/2/2011, 09:14 AM
Not at all.

KantoSooner
9/2/2011, 09:52 AM
I try to visualize a kick-*** play on offense when we have the ball and a crushing sack when we're on D.
For the first few series. After that, my mental energies are spent and it's time to drink and watch the game.

OhU1
9/2/2011, 10:17 AM
A little - I am hesitant to pick or bet for or against the Sooners.

When I turn a Longhorn game on in the middle of a game the Horns suddenly start kicking ***.

deweydw
9/2/2011, 10:23 AM
No, but I am Stooperstitious.

soonersweetie
9/2/2011, 12:24 PM
I never EVER bet on a Sooners Football game...ever, ever, ever.

THIS!!!

gundleok
9/2/2011, 12:33 PM
I drink before AND after the game. Seems to work well most of the time.

LVSOONER15
9/2/2011, 12:55 PM
I used to be superstitious, but after doing things that I thought would help us win didn't work I stopped.

OU Engineer
9/2/2011, 01:20 PM
I buy a new hat before every season. If we lose, I burn it and buy a new one.

Needless to say, I spent a lot of money on hats the Sun Bowl year...

budbarrybob
9/2/2011, 01:27 PM
I'm too relaxed to be superstitious.

hawaii 5-0
9/2/2011, 01:33 PM
I used to be superstitious, but after doing things that I thought would help us win didn't work I stopped.

I'm with this. I still put out the OU flag before the Te**** game. There's a 'whorn fan up the hill.

5-0

8timechamps
9/2/2011, 01:39 PM
Yep...I have many, but the most recent is game-day meal. My son's discovered that we had eaten the same meal the day of every game we won last year, and eaten something different on the days we lost...so, the menu is set for the entire season already. Lots of tacos.

When I was in high school, I had to listen to AC/DC while getting dressed. So, I would have it ready to go in my Walkman (CDs hadn't even occurred to anyone).

the-rover
9/2/2011, 02:57 PM
Used to do a few things, but obviously they didn't work. If they did OU would have had a 20 something year unbeaten streak.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/2/2011, 03:02 PM
Lucky pair of boxers(yes, washed after each use) I ONLY wear during the OU fball season. These underoos have been a good luck charm every game I've seen live over the last 6 seasons(approx 35 games) so bringin em back out tomorrow. And of course drink before, during, and after....usually works out pretty well

SoonerNomad
9/2/2011, 04:57 PM
I do a lot of the same things some of you discuss, but I don't think they have one bit of influence on the outcome of the game. I just like doing the same certain things over and over like flying the ou flag, wearing the same shirt and drinking before during and after the game. I will be doing them next week (or in two weeks when I am in Tally) too.

Does that make me superstitious or is it just a compulsive disorder exacerbated by alcohol.

Dan Thompson
9/2/2011, 05:03 PM
I get up
Have a couple of cups of coffee
Have breakfast, if it is a big game, I'll have oatmeal and prunes for breakfast
Do nothing for a few hours
Turn on the TV, with the sound off
Watch the game

silverwheels
9/2/2011, 05:06 PM
Used to refrain from wearing anything with red on it on gamedays, but that didn't work, so now I just don't have any superstitions.

Memtig14
9/2/2011, 05:41 PM
I have my this year's OU hat purchased within one week of opening day, we will have our traditional first game meal (egg bread bologna sandwiches with Fritos and jalapeņo bean dip), my wife will wear her OU panties and socks and sit on the couch with her fingers and legs crossed. She can't touch me if we are doing well, but if we are not then she has to lean on me to break the bad luck. I wear my lucky OU shirt. My neighbor is not allowed in the house during the game because the only two games we have had anything to do together during an OU game was the CCG against KSU and the season opener to TCU.

Other than that......not so much.

Memtig14
9/2/2011, 05:42 PM
I get up
Have a couple of cups of coffee
Have breakfast, if it is a big game, I'll have oatmeal and prunes for breakfast
Do nothing for a few hours
Turn on the TV, with the sound off
Watch the game

Sounds like there has to be a bathroom break in there somewhere.

Breadburner
9/2/2011, 05:43 PM
I dont care to see a midget...dwarf...or little person on gameday.....

JLMSOONER
9/2/2011, 06:30 PM
Not superstitious but I do drink coffee out of my sweet looking OU coffee cup first thing on game day. BOOMER!!!!!!!