PDA

View Full Version : If I were to create a vBookie political event

badger
9/1/2011, 12:10 PM
What would you like me to offer?

Are there any upcoming bills, Supreme Court cases, or primary/caucuses/polls that might be fun to vWager on?

Gimme ideas, or you'll be stuck with football for the next few months! (not necessarily a bad thing)

badger
9/8/2011, 10:54 AM
I should have done one for the Republican debate... over/unders on how often Obama is bashed, how often Reagan is referenced, and if the word "jobs" is mentioned 100 times :D

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 11:37 AM
Coldest winter after hottest summer?

Brian Kelly blows up again this Saturday on camera?

Aggy getting a #1 vote this season, AP/Coach's?

RGIII survives long enough to start against OU?

Rick Perry shows up at an Aggie or Whorn football game this season?

Stock market gets through an October without a crash?

EDIT: not exactly political, all

sappstuf
9/8/2011, 11:42 AM
Over/under on how many times Obama says "I" tonight is a good start.

Healthcare bill is a good one.

badger
9/8/2011, 11:53 AM
Daaang, should have thought of the "I" one. If nobody else besides me has vBet, I will change the hope/change one.

EDIT: OK, someone already bet in hope/change so can't change it. So, I added two additional Obama options:

Obama says the word "I" at least 25 times.

Obama mentions football at least once.

I actually will have to miss the beginning of this speech, so someone will have to proxy watch for me. Who is up for watching Obama for sf.com research? :D

Frozen Sooner
9/8/2011, 12:25 PM
Supreme Court cases

I don't know if that would appeal to anyone other than, well, me and TU and a couple of others. However, if you want a site that'll give you a good overview of what's coming up on the docket and a summary of the issues, www.fantasyscotus.net is a good resource.

badger
9/8/2011, 12:31 PM
Frozo, I'm willing to try ANYthing. If people would massively vBet on a Supreme Court case, I would totally do it... but till then, perhaps the best way to go is to sneak stuff into sports events and then eventually, if they are popular options, make them their own events.

Coldest winter after hottest summer?

That'd be a longterm bet... perhaps I can go on degrees, like "we never get below freezing in October" or something?

Brian Kelly blows up again this Saturday on camera?

I am totally adding this to the bye week random one.

Aggy getting a #1 vote this season, AP/Coach's?

Hmmm... a preview of upcoming polls would be a fun Sunday-ending weekly event to have.

RGIII survives long enough to start against OU?

Ouch! Baylor... survival... maybe not good timing with the Big 12 ready to crash and burn, LOL.

Rick Perry shows up at an Aggie or Whorn football game this season?

Hmmm... that's a bit hard to time. Perhaps I'll make it a random bet event for the Whorn/Aggie game in December.

Stock market gets through an October without a crash?

Interesting thought. How many points do you have to lose in a day to be considered a crash? Triple digits work?

pphilfran
9/8/2011, 12:46 PM
imo a Dow crash would require at least a 250 point drop...that is just about 2%....

pphilfran
9/8/2011, 12:51 PM
Down the road the NH primary would be a good one...but that is in March...

MountainOkie
9/13/2011, 09:36 PM
How about which party will be the next to lose a representative to a sex scandal?