PDA

View Full Version : Dont We Have...

oudavid1
8/31/2011, 09:51 PM
More helicopters available in the state to dump water on these fires?

Is it a cost thing?

GDC
9/1/2011, 09:01 AM
We spent all our money sending the governor's daughter and her family to Ireland to get married.

KantoSooner
9/1/2011, 10:36 AM
The dump buckets and pilots trained to do the dumping are not standard. I would guess that the state figures, like snow removal, that it's not a big enough problem to warrant having all the resources sitting around idle 99% of the time. And, you have to admit, another fire engine makes gangs more sense than a specialized heli-team.

Whet
9/1/2011, 10:55 AM
They should arrange a beer drinking contest near the fire.

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 04:35 PM
We spent all our money sending the governor's daughter and her family to Ireland to get married.
And burying the dead hookers, at least those that Bri didn't toss along side of the road.

soonercruiser
9/5/2011, 01:07 PM
Latest paper article said that $$ was not a factor - but resources were.

What amazed me was...we were watching live TV coverage early on the first day, and the news helicoter is flying around documenting every effort - including flare-ups missed!
Don't the police and fire folks work together?
Surely there was a police helicopter available to have an airborne coordinator.
He11! The news crew would probably have been happy to have a police or fire person on board!

So, just on the other side of the trees from the command center at Sooner & 63rd - a house is catching fire and burning to the ground!
Duh!
As the owner, I would have been outraged!

oudavid1
9/5/2011, 06:33 PM
The dump buckets and pilots trained to do the dumping are not standard. I would guess that the state figures, like snow removal, that it's not a big enough problem to warrant having all the resources sitting around idle 99% of the time. And, you have to admit, another fire engine makes gangs more sense than a specialized heli-team.

This was a great explanation. Thank you :D