PDA

View Full Version : People Really **** me off

tulsaoilerfan
8/31/2011, 08:03 PM
Frito Lay needed a part time merchandiser for 2 stores on my route and 2 stores in okmulgee; the job would be 15-20 hours a week every weekend and paid 10 bucks an hour plus mileage to Okmulgee and back for all 3 days; this gal had been pestering me for a year to get her a job cause she really needed the money; now keep in mind this gal already worked a full time job during the week and i told her going in that it was alot of work and it was EVERY weekend with no time off; well after the first weekeend she decided she could only work Okmulgee on weekends she didn't have her kids, then today she told my boss that she couldn't do Okmulgee at all but could do my 2 stores every weekend til they found someone else;i told her just to forget about it. I went out of my way to help her get this job so yeah i'm kinda pissed about it.

Turd_Ferguson
8/31/2011, 08:05 PM
Friends + Bidness = Fail(most the time)

btk108
8/31/2011, 09:12 PM
+1

8timechamps
8/31/2011, 10:15 PM
I've been burnt like like once...and it'll never happen again.

Sorry dude. That does suck.

lexsooner
9/1/2011, 07:07 AM
Frito Lay needed a part time merchandiser for 2 stores on my route and 2 stores in okmulgee; the job would be 15-20 hours a week every weekend and paid 10 bucks an hour plus mileage to Okmulgee and back for all 3 days; this gal had been pestering me for a year to get her a job cause she really needed the money; now keep in mind this gal already worked a full time job during the week and i told her going in that it was alot of work and it was EVERY weekend with no time off; well after the first weekeend she decided she could only work Okmulgee on weekends she didn't have her kids, then today she told my boss that she couldn't do Okmulgee at all but could do my 2 stores every weekend til they found someone else;i told her just to forget about it. I went out of my way to help her get this job so yeah i'm kinda pissed about it.

It royally sucks that her conduct impacts your credibility since you advocated for her. I've learned over the years to be careful when asking for something on behalf of someone else and making it clear to the requestee whether I know the person well/their work qualities or if it is just someone who is an acquaintance for whom I am merely passing along a request. I never want anyone to think I advocated hard for some slug or problem child employee.

TUSooner
9/1/2011, 08:04 AM
I****I've learned over the years to be careful when asking for something on behalf of someone else and making it clear to the requestee whether I know the person well/their work qualities or if it is just someone who is an acquaintance for whom I am merely passing along a request. I never want anyone to think I advocated hard for some slug or problem child employee.
THIS^^^^

Hot Rod
9/1/2011, 08:15 AM
I don't recommend people for jobs anymore after I recommended my friend's wife to work at my wife's office. She had worked there 2 months and nominated herself as Employee of the Year at the Christmas party! :nightmare:

Frozen Sooner
9/1/2011, 08:19 AM

About two weeks ago, I had an ex-gf who cheated on me ask me to put in a good word for her at a firm I worked at this summer, because she was interviewing with them.

Let me get this straight:

You want me to recommend you to a firm that's going to base a great deal of their decision on your perceived good judgment when A) I kind of think you're a lying whore and B) I just turned down a job offer from them to take one from a competitor. See if you can figure out what's wrong with that picture.

Admittedly, the cheating on me does show good judgment.

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 02:22 PM
About two weeks ago, I had an ex-gf who cheated on me ask me to put in a good word for her at a firm I worked at this summer, because she was interviewing with them.

Let me get this straight:

You want me to recommend you to a firm that's going to base a great deal of their decision on your perceived good judgment when A) I kind of think you're a lying whore and B) I just turned down a job offer from them to take one from a competitor. See if you can figure out what's wrong with that picture.

Admittedly, the cheating on me does show good judgment.Jesus, this sounds like a post from Sic 'Em. :D

And that smiley continues to look ghey.

Frozen Sooner
9/4/2011, 02:28 PM
Ha, yeah, it kind of does. Except I didn't give her the recommendation or help the other guy push.

Also, I had sex with her.

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 04:23 PM
Ha, yeah, it kind of does. Except I didn't give her the recommendation or help the other guy push.

Also, I had sex with her.Help the other guy push? :eek:

Heh.

Sooner_Tuf
9/4/2011, 04:25 PM

It's very frustrating. Used to be I spent more time explaining why I couldn't give out more overtime than I did. If I asked for volunteers for Sunday basically everyone would volunteer.

Today it's hard to find people that will work five full days in one week, forget finding one that will do it every week. When I explain to peeps that if we don't finish things and get paid it makes it difficult to make payroll they look like you are speaking a foreign language to them. They must believe when they leave that money just pours from the ceiling.

It's all about them. The task at hand means nothing. If they have absolutely anything else they could be doing they think it is fine to not come to work. I have had forty year old men not show or call because they have an online gaming tournament come up.

Rogue
9/4/2011, 07:48 PM
Damn jobs get in the way of recreation too much.

8timechamps
9/4/2011, 08:02 PM
A) I kind of think you're a lying whore

If you really think about it, this is the best quote of this thread.