PDA

View Full Version : I met Thomas Lott yesterday

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/31/2011, 04:54 PM
He was speaking to the OKC Rotary. Very cool guy. He brought his bandana but he said he only brings it out for special occasions.

Also speaking was Dave Hunzicker from osu. I didn't speak to him.

Sooner_Tuf
8/31/2011, 05:28 PM
He was speaking to the OKC Rotary. Very cool guy. He brought his bandana but he said he only brings it out for special occasions.

Have his balls dropped yet ?

Lott's Bandana
8/31/2011, 05:33 PM

Freakin warms my crimson heart, that.

BajaOklahoma
8/31/2011, 05:46 PM
He was fun to watch. Good times!

SoonerinLondon
8/31/2011, 05:48 PM
TL was a buddy of mine in undergrad at OU.

Quick story, he used to do some extra work at a disco in OKC called Pistachios...he'd barback or something. Anyway, whenever it would get really busy he'd leave from behind the bar and go sit in a chair. He'd say "I'll just get out of you'alls way." LOL

Lott's Bandana
8/31/2011, 08:07 PM
Sticky this thread!!

:applause:

Breadburner
8/31/2011, 08:26 PM
Lol...Lott was as cool as the other side of the pillow......

thecrimsoncrusader
9/1/2011, 08:26 AM
Dave Hunzicker should never be allowed to speak. The dude seriously needs to take some steroid shots and lots of them.

Sooners78
9/1/2011, 08:55 AM
Lott was one of my heroes as a kid along with Sims, Overstreet, and King. 78 being the first OU season I remember, those guys seemed larger than life to me.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/1/2011, 06:52 PM
He told this story of an old lady in Ada who he met at a speaking engagement. She was an oswho fan and was really dogging the Sooners. He said he just kept saying "yes ma'am" and "mmm hmm" trying to be polite. Then she told him "I'm glad Billy Sims fumbled the ball against Nebraska." So that's when he said it got personal but he was still trying to keep his cool but pulled the bandanna out of his pocket. At this point in the story telling, he pulled out the bandanna and started folding it all nice. All these Rotarians in crimson went nuts. He said the woman kept going off then she noticed the bandanna. "Oh wait," she said. "That was you in the bandanna? I loved you even if you did wear red."

I'll post the video when it's on the Rotary site.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/1/2011, 06:53 PM
Dave Hunzicker should never be allowed to speak. The dude seriously needs to take some steroid shots and lots of them.Holy Orange GuacaMOLE!

GDC
9/1/2011, 07:07 PM
Lott was one of my heroes as a kid along with Sims, Overstreet, and King. 78 being the first OU season I remember, those guys seemed larger than life to me.

If you were growing up in Oklahoma at that time Lott, Steve Davis, Rod Shoate, Billy Brooks, Tinker Owens etc. were the absolute coolest dudes on the planet. No one else even came close.

GDC
9/1/2011, 07:09 PM
George Cumby, Darrell Reed...