PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Scalpin question

SoonerPride93
8/31/2011, 03:07 PM
How early should i get there if i need to scalp and how much should i plan on spending?

sooner518
8/31/2011, 03:17 PM
Generally the longer you wait, the cheaper the ticket will be.

If you dont mind missing all the pregame festivities, you can probably get in for $20 or less. If you want to get into the stadium earlier, you can probably get one for a little under face value.

Avoid anyone holding multiple tickets or with a sign. Scalpers are the scum of the earth and will belittle you if you even broach the subject of paying underneath face value. Look for someone who looks like they have an extra ticket. Families, couples, groups of people, etc... Anyone standing around by themselves is likely to be a ********* scalper.

Lawton4Life
8/31/2011, 03:24 PM
What he said...a ticket only holds value for so long....prices go down down down the closer you get to kick

badger
8/31/2011, 03:41 PM
I fully expect a cheap ticket or 2 or 3 this saturday. Tulsa just doesnt look as strong w/o their star receiver

SoonerLaw09
8/31/2011, 03:43 PM
Also keep an eye out for TU fans that might have extras...coming down with a group, one person backs out at the last minute, has to work or has a sick kiddo, etc. Prolly get a good deal that way, and it taint that much of a headache sitting near Tulsa fans. They are generally a quiet, unassuming group.

oudivesherpa
8/31/2011, 03:53 PM
Like a lot of people on this forum, I’m an Alum of both OU and Tulsa, however, for the last 40 years I’ve been an OU fan. Both groups of fans are class acts, nothing like Okie-lite fans or even the worst of the worst KSU fans. Don’t worry about sitting in the TU section—they are great folks.

rekamrettuB
8/31/2011, 04:02 PM
Opening game of a season where OU is #1 preseason. Tickets will be a little higher than described.

Fraggle145
8/31/2011, 04:16 PM
What is the face value for tickets for Tulsa?

olevetonahill
8/31/2011, 04:25 PM
What is the face value for tickets for Tulsa?

77 bucks
Ive found over the years that the 1st game of the season tickets are harder to come by and more expensive
a couple years ago sooner93 and i were going to get 2 together we walked all the way to the stadium and only found 1. I let him have it and went back to the Tail Gate.

Ive never had a prob buying from a scalper.

sooner KB
8/31/2011, 06:07 PM
I usually go about 2 hours early and walk around campus asking every non-scalper I cross what they want. Even if they have seats that you wouldn't want, ask how much they want. You will get a good feel for how much tickets are going for. Don't get one right away, since like others have said, the price goes down a lot. I usually find a ticket if I'm by myself for around $20, or less if its a ball state type game, and that's for a ticket that is lower level and in between the 10 yard lines or so.

Don't forget to walk up to campus corner too. I never seem to find good tickets there, but there are a lot for sale in a small area. I usually find tickets being held up by an old man standing around one of the 50 yard lines about 15 minutes before kickoff. He usually just wants to get in and sit down and doesn't care how much money he makes.

Like others have said, the first game is usually more expensive. Pairs are usually a little harder to find, and therefore a little more as well.