PDA

View Full Version : In Soviet Amerika: Detroit Edition

MR2-Sooner86
8/31/2011, 12:43 PM
In Soviet Amerika, Child Protective Services knows better. (http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2011/03/was_a_detroit_mother_right_to.html)

Here's the story.

1) Home schooled girl plans to start public school, needs to get shots.
2) After a series of immunizations, the girl begins to behave erratically.
3) Mother takes daughter to clinic, where they prescribe Risperdal - an anti-psychotic drug.
4) Daughter's behavior worsens; mother seeks a second opinion.
5) Second doctor recommends ending drug treatment.
6) Daughter's condition improves.

OK so far everything seems cool. System is working the way it's supposed to. I don't think any of the facts are in dispute to this point. But that's when things got ugly.

7) CPS demands that Maryanne Godboldo put her daughter back on drugs. She refuses.
8) CPS shows up with the cops to seize the daughter.

CPS workers showed up at Godboldo's house with the police, who said they had a warrant to take the child. But according to Godboldo's lawyer, Wanda A. Evans, officers never produced a warrant even after Godboldo repeatedly asked to see one.

A standoff ensued. A gunshot was fired from inside the house — though, according to Evans, not at officers. Finally, after long hours of tense negotiations, Godboldo — a mother, a teacher, a dancer and a respected figure in the city's arts circles — surrendered, was jailed and, on Sunday, was arraigned on multiple felony charges.

But wait, it gets better!

Once in the state's custody, she became infected with a STD. (http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/04/05/stand-off-daughter-allegedly-sexually-assaulted-while-in-state-care/)

Supporters of a Detroit mother accused of firing a shot at Child Protective Services (CPS) workers and then holding police at bay for 12 hours say her 13-year-old daughter has been taken to the hospital and may have been sexually assaulted.

Now, there is a legal stand-off of sorts at Children’s Hospital, where the daughter of Maryanne Godboldo is in the emergency room.

Penny Godboldo, the child’s aunt, explained to WWJ’s Vickie Thomas that the family received a call from the facility where the child had been placed by CPS after the mother’s stand-off with police.

“[They] said that she tested positive for an STD and that they were bringing her to Children’s Hospital for an exam. And so, we believe that [she] was the victim of a sexual crime at Hawthorn because she has been in their care,” Penny Godboldo said.

The child was brought to Children’s Hospital on Monday night, after it was discovered she has an STD.

Penny Godboldo believes her niece was the victim of a sex crime while she was under state care at The Hawthorn Center in Northville, saying, “She has been in their care the entire time since she left Children’s Hospital.”

The teen was examined at Children’s Hospital prior to her placement at Hawthorn, which returned no results of an STD infection. The family maintains the daughter is not sexually active.

SicEmBaylor
8/31/2011, 12:58 PM
The saddest thing I can say about this is that none of it surprises me in the very least. In a perfect world, there would be a huge outrage over this with demands that the system be changed and fixed. As it is, most people will just shrug it off because it doesn't involve them personally.

MR2-Sooner86
8/31/2011, 07:28 PM
In Soviet Amerika, crazy, this woman is.

Riop7ZdAOtQ&feature

Luckily the courts didn't think so. (http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2011/aug/29/bc-us-detroit-standoff-mothers-fight/)

Breadburner
8/31/2011, 08:36 PM
More to the story I would imagine.....

MR2-Sooner86
9/1/2011, 05:37 AM
More to the story I would imagine.....

And you would imagine wrong.