PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden was in Tulsa yesterday

badger
8/31/2011, 08:50 AM
He said this. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20110831_16_A1_CUTLIN170214)

"The proud history is there," Biden said, "but there's been quite a bit of a drought."

He was referring to the fact that we've had past Democratic majorities and that there's still potential for Democratic voters to have a voice in Oklahoma.

And did I mention it was a fundraising stop?

Oklahomans may have voted overwhelmingly for Republican John McCain in 2008, but they actually contributed slightly more to Democrat Barack Obama. Obama raised $2.2 million in the state, including almost $685,000 in Tulsa, according to the Federal Election Commission.

I think the ship has sailed on Democratic majorities in Oklahoma. Some media influence, yes, but mostly for the same reason that Republicans are starting to come back into majority at the national level. Democrats had their chance as the majority but screwed up and infuriated voters. Our roads sucked for too long, our state ranked in the upper 40s for too long (thanks, Mississippi!) and people stayed in office for too long, ensuring more of the same.

Now, doesn't mean that Oklahoma won't ever have a Democratic governor or significant representation in Oklahoma again. It will just take a lot of Republican screw-up to ever get a Democratic majority again.

In other words --- Republicans, it's up to you now. Don't screw up.

okie52
8/31/2011, 09:58 AM
Oklahomans may have voted overwhelmingly for Republican John McCain in 2008, but they actually contributed slightly more to Democrat Barack Obama. Obama raised $2.2 million in the state, including almost $685,000 in Tulsa, according to the Federal Election Commission.

LOL. Obama evidently needed to raise a lot more since he lost all 77 counties in Oklahoma.

Has Obama ever been to OK?

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 10:11 AM
the fund raiser was 4 blocks from my house. and it was mayhem. tulsa police has every major intersection blocked off, every road into my neighborhood was blocked off and tulsa police everywhere. i was returning from my gym and they would not let me into my neighborhood to go home. they told me if i parked my car and tried to walk home i would be arrested. a complete waste of resources. if anybody wanted to commit a major crime in tulsa, yesterday would have been the day to do it. the fatazz cop told me to go to a quicktrip and handout for and hour or so. i questioned the pig right up to the point of nearly getting arrested. asked him what the charge would be, and of course no answer. so after some crafty driving and finding the a back way in, i made it home. i dont really have a problem with security for the prez and vice prez but gimme a break. this was totally over the top and i cant imagine the cost of this party to the city. and here's what it boils down to. some uber rich azzh*oles get to throw a party for a politician to raise money none the less and us commoners cant get access to our property and everybody else foots the bill. god i love 'mericia. i only live a few blocks from the throwdown and i didnt get invited. but the valet parkers had not problem parking cars up and down every street on my block. all in the name of raising money. for a politician. in tulsa. i think the party trower was the Siegfried's. why didnt the city tell them to go rent some place in a remote location so it would not inconvience thousands of people and cost far less in resources. oh and the tulsa police were all giddy that they were part of the joe biden show. pathetic.

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 10:16 AM
LOL. Obama evidently needed to raise a lot more since he lost all 77 counties in Oklahoma.

Has Obama ever been to OK?

obama doesnt need OK chief. OK doesnt really matter in a national election. he just needs to drop in and pick up a check. any candidate with a D next to his name will lose all 77 counties in oklahoma. got anymore gems for me this morning?

pphilfran
8/31/2011, 10:31 AM
obama doesnt need OK chief. OK doesnt really matter in a national election. he just needs to drop in and pick up a check. any candidate with a D next to his name will lose all 77 counties in oklahoma. got anymore gems for me this morning?

Sounds like you are the jerk today, Pancho...I like the way you got into the "fat azz cop" face...but of course he is nothing more than a "pig"...

The guy was probably doing his job...his instructions were probably pretty plain...nobody in or out until the VP is clear...and I bet he didn't like the situation any better than you...

You need to come back down to earth and show a little respect for people...

Breadburner
8/31/2011, 10:49 AM
the fund raiser was 4 blocks from my house. and it was mayhem. tulsa police has every major intersection blocked off, every road into my neighborhood was blocked off and tulsa police everywhere. i was returning from my gym and they would not let me into my neighborhood to go home. they told me if i parked my car and tried to walk home i would be arrested. a complete waste of resources. if anybody wanted to commit a major crime in tulsa, yesterday would have been the day to do it. the fatazz cop told me to go to a quicktrip and handout for and hour or so. i questioned the pig right up to the point of nearly getting arrested. asked him what the charge would be, and of course no answer. so after some crafty driving and finding the a back way in, i made it home. i dont really have a problem with security for the prez and vice prez but gimme a break. this was totally over the top and i cant imagine the cost of this party to the city. and here's what it boils down to. some uber rich azzh*oles get to throw a party for a politician to raise money none the less and us commoners cant get access to our property and everybody else foots the bill. god i love 'mericia. i only live a few blocks from the throwdown and i didnt get invited. but the valet parkers had not problem parking cars up and down every street on my block. all in the name of raising money. for a politician. in tulsa. i think the party trower was the Siegfried's. why didnt the city tell them to go rent some place in a remote location so it would not inconvience thousands of people and cost far less in resources. oh and the tulsa police were all giddy that they were part of the joe biden show. pathetic.

It was a complete joke....Do you live by Adelson or Kaiser.....

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 10:53 AM
Sounds like you are the jerk today, Pancho...I like the way you got into the "fat azz cop" face...but of course he is nothing more than a "pig"...

The guy was probably doing his job...his instructions were probably pretty plain...nobody in or out until the VP is clear...and I bet he didn't like the situation any better than you...

You need to come back down to earth and show a little respect for people...

whatever pal. the fat pig was probably annoyed he was pulled away from daylight donuts. i'm not going to respect any authority that rudely tells me i cant go to my house and i'll be arrested if attempted. how about checking your sensibilities toward police and try understand the point of my tirade. save your cop worship for another thread.

pphilfran
8/31/2011, 10:57 AM
whatever pal. the fat pig was probably annoyed he was pulled away from daylight donuts. i'm not going to respect any authority that rudely tells me i cant go to my house and i'll be arrested if attempted. how about checking your sensibilities toward police and try understand the point of my tirade. save your cop worship for another thread.

I understand your grief...hell, I would probably have been pizzed as well...

But taking it out on the on officer was going to get you nowhere...

You got all pizzed off...probably popped a vein...said you were on the edge of getting busted...

And it got ya f'n nowhere....lol....

You should have just shut the f up...got in your car and found that back way 5 or 10 minutes earlier...

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 10:58 AM
It was a complete joke....Do you live by Adelson or Kaiser.....

i guess it was adelson. thought it was siegfreids. the party was at 28th and columbia. i'm about 4 blocks from there. it was ridiculous. words cant describe how stupid it was.

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 11:03 AM
I understand your grief...hell, I would probably have been pizzed as well...

But taking it out on the on officer was going to get you nowhere...

You got all pizzed off...probably popped a vein...said you were on the edge of getting busted...

And it got ya f'n nowhere....lol....

You should have just shut the f up...got in your car and found that back way 5 or 10 minutes earlier...

wrong. i wasnt really pissed, i was enjoying a new recording of "fire on the mountain" by grateful dead during the whole episode. the pig was the one getting pissed at my line of questioning. a better behavior toward a resident not allowed to go home is all that i ask for.

XingTheRubicon
8/31/2011, 11:03 AM

It sure sucks when people with jobs get in your way.

OULenexaman
8/31/2011, 11:10 AM
I would have just gone to a local bar and had a few beers and bitched about it with the other people that were there for the same reason you would have been...

pphilfran
8/31/2011, 11:10 AM
wrong. i wasnt really pissed, i was enjoying a new recording of "fire on the mountain" by grateful dead during the whole episode. the pig was the one getting pissed at my line of questioning. a better behavior toward a resident not allowed to go home is all that i ask for.

Ok...you weren't pizzed...but your rant still got ya nowhere...lol...

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 11:16 AM
Ok...you weren't pizzed...but your rant still got ya nowhere...lol...

when dealing with someone as dense as yourself a rant will mos def prove futile and the point will alway sail over your head. especially when cop worship is involved...lolz...

badger
8/31/2011, 11:17 AM
some uber rich azzh*oles get to throw a party for a politician to raise money none the less and us commoners cant get access to our property and everybody else foots the bill.

I remember hearing that when John Edwards was campaigning, he was keeping supporters, fundraisers and workers motivated by saying they were "part of something bigger than any of them." This was likely a clever way to keep people in line if they say him with his mistress instead of his cancer-stricken wife :mad:

Glad you found a way home. But be nice to cops. They have a tough job, especially with that corruption trial crap that's been going down lately.

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 11:17 AM
I would have just gone to a local bar and had a few beers and bitched about it with the other people that were there for the same reason you would have been...

thanks for the advice scoop. there were lots of things i could have done. but that's not the point is it?

pphilfran
8/31/2011, 11:25 AM
when dealing with someone as dense as yourself a rant will mos def prove futile and the point will alway sail over your head. especially when cop worship is involved...lolz...

My....name.....is....pppppp...ppppp.....ppppphilfr an.....

pphilfran
8/31/2011, 11:27 AM
Dense? I don't believe I was the guy that pushed a cop to nearly busting him because he couldn't get home for an hour...

An then after the failed rant found a way to get back to mommy....

hawaii 5-0
8/31/2011, 11:28 AM
When are the Republicans gonna fix that '3.2 Beer Thing' ?

5-0

Trump/ Perry's Gerbil 2012

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 11:28 AM
I remember hearing that when John Edwards was campaigning, he was keeping supporters, fundraisers and workers motivated by saying they were "part of something bigger than any of them." This was likely a clever way to keep people in line if they say him with his mistress instead of his cancer-stricken wife :mad:

Glad you found a way home. But be nice to cops. They have a tough job, especially with that corruption trial crap that's been going down lately.

somebody gets it. thanks badger.

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 11:33 AM

5-0

republicans just need to lower taxes on the top earners and it will trickle down into a quaffable 6.0. a true panacea those low taxes can be.........

badger
8/31/2011, 12:03 PM

5-0

Would you vote for them if they did? :D

I seriously think it'll happen soon, even with liquor lobby. There's too many young people that have had to deal with that crap in college and young drinking life to keep it up forever, and thanks to term limits, these younger ones are running for office with legit chances to win.

hawaii 5-0
8/31/2011, 12:16 PM
Would you vote for them if they did? :D

I seriously think it'll happen soon, even with liquor lobby. There's too many young people that have had to deal with that crap in college and young drinking life to keep it up forever, and thanks to term limits, these younger ones are running for office with legit chances to win.

My vote for any Party wouldn't be based solely on their stance toward fixing watered-down beer. Where do they stand on raising parking meter rates?

5-0

Trump/ Perry's crocs 2012

TitoMorelli
8/31/2011, 12:23 PM
Sounds like you are the jerk today, Pancho...

Just today? I thought it was everyday on here.

Should have introduced himself to the cop: "I'm Position Limit. Everyone on SoonerFans calls me POS for short."

OULenexaman
8/31/2011, 12:27 PM
thanks for the advice scoop. there were lots of things i could have done. but that's not the point is it? you should send a letter to the White House.....

Dear Numbnuts,
Please keep your sidekick off the streets of Tulsa. It makes me mad at cops.

Thanks...PL

Turd_Ferguson
8/31/2011, 12:31 PM

5-0

Trump/ Perry's Gerbil 2012I think when you do the conversion of "by weight" vs "by volume"...there's not a whole lot of difference...

okie52
8/31/2011, 12:37 PM

Figured that out all on your own? Why He11, Obama should appoint you as his campaign manager and you could have saved him the 2.2 million he wasted on OK.

Got any more kernels of wisdom?

sooner_born_1960
8/31/2011, 12:40 PM
I think when you do the conversion of "by weight" vs "by volume"...there's not a whole lot of difference...

Please explain this obviously flawed reasoning.

pphilfran
8/31/2011, 12:46 PM
Please explain this obviously flawed reasoning.

I believe he is correct...

http://www.csulb.edu/~parayner/Alcohol.html

Position Limit
8/31/2011, 01:15 PM
Figured that out all on your own? Why He11, Obama should appoint you as his campaign manager and you could have saved him the 2.2 million he wasted on OK.

Got any more kernels of wisdom?

i wasnt offering up any kernels for you. just trying to dumb it down to your level. your welcome. now on with obama=bad, perrry/bachmann/palin=good.... enlighten me please.

Ike
8/31/2011, 01:37 PM
In other words --- Republicans, it's up to you now. Don't screw up.

That may be a tall order. Both parties seem to be infinitely better at campaigning than at governing. However, given how long we put up with ineffective democratic majorities, we'll probably put up with ineffective republican majorities for just as long. Roads will likely continue to suck. People will continue to stay in office for too long. It will be more of the same.

Turd_Ferguson
8/31/2011, 02:38 PM
i wasnt offering up any kernels for you. just trying to dumb it down to your level. your welcome. now on with obama=bad, perrry/bachmann/palin=good.... enlighten me please.Your one smart mother ****er ain't ya...got it all figgered out eh?

badger
8/31/2011, 03:31 PM
Roads in tulsa are actually improving... or at least under a lot of construction. Some of it is federal, some local sales tax. Not sure about state funding.

I am not thanking repubs for this or anything, but i am noticing improvements

okie52
8/31/2011, 03:44 PM
i wasnt offering up any kernels for you. just trying to dumb it down to your level. your welcome. now on with obama=bad, perrry/bachmann/palin=good.... enlighten me please.

You play dumb very well, you don't even seem to be acting. Academy award worthy. In fact you have dumbed down so many of your posts that you are probably typecast. Congrats

But, now on with right=bad left=good. It's what works for you.

47straight
8/31/2011, 10:51 PM
Blocking off people's neighborhoods so rich people can schmooze with a DC politician whose only rational reason for being there is to pick up political donations is not very Oklahoman.

hawaii 5-0
8/31/2011, 11:00 PM
Maybe if Perry gets elected as Trump's VP he can then qualify for a big government security detail and block off lots of streets.

When Obama comes to Kailua he just has a string of black SUVs. There's no blockage of traffic unless you try to get into the neighborhood where he's staying.

5-0

Trump/ Perry's pecker 2012