PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow jersey sales plummet

nighttrain12
8/30/2011, 07:32 PM
He should have taken care of that 'virginity' issue back in college when he was still popular. Pretty soon, he won't even be able to get a date with KarTRASHians sisters (and they date practically anyone) in sports.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201108/tim-tebow-no-longer-king-nfl-merchandise-sales

AlboSooner
8/30/2011, 09:12 PM
Life must not be so bad, when it is considered a bad thing happening to you, when your jersey is not selling as well. I have never faulted Tebow for our o-line not blocking three times at the goal line, and neither have I faulted him for the media's appetite to exploit a popular athlete.

badger
8/30/2011, 09:35 PM
I got NP a Clay Matthews jersey for his bday. I have an Aaron Rodgers girlie jersey. Guess which athletes are 1-2 on the list :D

Aries
8/31/2011, 10:03 AM
number 10 is pretty good sales for a third string QB

saucysoonergal
8/31/2011, 10:15 AM
I thought he was fourth string?

BetterSoonerThanLater
8/31/2011, 10:34 AM
looks like he's hanging on by a string...

badger
8/31/2011, 11:03 AM
I thought he was fourth string?

Is that what they call the practice squad now? ;)

The Maestro
8/31/2011, 11:07 AM
Grown men over 18 wearing jerseys = just a little bit weird in my book.

soonerloyal
8/31/2011, 11:53 AM

And we grown wimmens...? :eagerness:

olevetonahill
8/31/2011, 12:07 PM

If I wore a jersey it would be to help hide my Beer Gut

Boomerbox
8/31/2011, 12:15 PM
Yea, adults can't wear jersey's! They HAVE TO wear polo shirts and tuck them in too. LMAO, Ill bet you just don't look good in them. I think a bunch of old guys wearing polo shirts and jorts is a little weird to me, just sayin...

His sales will skyrocket when Denver plays in Miami and they honor him for his college career. Most people attending that game will be gaytor fans and they will all wear his jersey, old and new

Soonerntxs
8/31/2011, 12:51 PM
Ok, I'm 40 and I'm a MAN and YES, I wear JERSEYS! I mean,.....what fun is it to wear a sweater to a game when its a 100+!!! LOL!

Boomerbox
8/31/2011, 04:01 PM
Ok, I'm 40 and I'm a MAN and YES, I wear JERSEYS! I mean,.....what fun is it to wear a sweater to a game when its a 100+!!! LOL!

Right on man, me too! Why is there always some guy that feels like he needs to chime in with his opinion on jersey's?? Nobody cares what you think about jersey's dude, we're obviously not going to stop wearing them just because your generation doesn't.

BoonesFarmSooner
8/31/2011, 04:04 PM
Yea, adults can't wear jersey's! They HAVE TO wear polo shirts and tuck them in too. LMAO, Ill bet you just don't look good in them. I think a bunch of old guys wearing polo shirts and jorts is a little weird to me, just sayin...

His sales will skyrocket when Denver plays in Miami and they honor him for his college career. Most people attending that game will be gaytor fans and they will all wear his jersey, old and new

Yeah, Maestro is probably one of those guys that gets a pedicure and shaves his legs before putting on his shorts and tucking in his polo on gameday.

8timechamps
8/31/2011, 04:31 PM

I'm with you on this. But, I don't give two ****s what people think of my attire, so I assume grown men wearing jerseys feel the same way.

I should also mention how much I hate the flat billed hats.

Sooner_Tuf
8/31/2011, 04:46 PM
Wear whatever makes you happy.

Officially licensed Tebow jerseys have a little spray of blood and a tiny piece of skin on them. At least that's what I heard. I figure it some kind of anti-piracy thing or something.

BoulderSooner79
8/31/2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah, Maestro is probably one of those guys that gets a pedicure and shaves his legs before putting on his shorts and tucking in his polo on gameday.

Doesn't everybody?? :disillusionment:

Mad Dog Madsen
8/31/2011, 04:50 PM
I have an Aaron Rodgers girlie jersey.

Oh my gosh it's not PINK is it??? :star:

badger
8/31/2011, 04:58 PM
No light green. And youre never too old to appreciate breathable attire like jerseys, especially with the weather oklahoma has had lately

Chuck Bao
8/31/2011, 06:22 PM
I don't care either. If you are going to a football game to suit the fans, then you sound like a Baylor Bear fan. I don't go to a football game to be seen, just be heard, loud and occasionally inappropriately obnoxious.

One of my favorite moments as a Sooner fan was in the Sugar Bowl (definitely not my favorite Sooner game), was when Tommie Harris' sister came up to me and asked if I knew whose jersey that I was wearing. She said: "that's my brother." I lied and said, of course, but I honestly didn't know until she turned around and I could see she was wearing the same number and Harris was on the back of her jersey and I figured it out. I could have told her that I wanted to make wild passionate sex with her brother, but that would probably be a little too inappropriate to say to the sister.

What? There is nothing wrong with that, the gay football fans, even ones who don't know how to dress stylishly to Sooner games.

StoopTroup
8/31/2011, 06:22 PM
If I wore a jersey it would be to help hide my Beer Gut

If you go to the Fanatic Site ad at the top of this Site, they have some nice shirts and apparel that some of it is priced very reasonably IMHO. I know you were looking for something nice for this year so it might give you some ideas if you are gonna wait and buy something this weekend.

I like this Cutter and Buck Shirt they have but I don't really need it, I still am thinking about buying it.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Oklahoma_Sooners_Golf_And_More/Cutter_And_Buck_Oklahoma_Sooners_Crimson_Tournamen t_Polo

jumperstop
8/31/2011, 06:31 PM
I don't care either. If you are going to a football game to suit the fans, then you sound like a Baylor Bear fan. I don't go to a football game to be seen, just be heard, loud and occasionally inappropriately obnoxious.

One of my favorite moments as a Sooner fan was in the Sugar Bowl (definitely not my favorite Sooner game), was when Tommie Harris' sister came up to me and asked if I knew whose jersey that I was wearing. She said: "that's my brother." I lied and said, of course, but I honestly didn't know until she turned around and I could see she was wearing the same number and Harris was on the back of her jersey and I figured it out. I could have told her that I wanted to make wild passionate sex with her brother, but that would probably be a little too inappropriate to say to the sister.

What? There is nothing wrong with that, the gay football fans, even ones who don't know how to dress stylishly to Sooner games.

If I was gay, a huge black Tommie Harris would not be my style. I'm more of a Sam Bradford kinda guy....I can't believe I even went there....:(

Chuck Bao
8/31/2011, 06:36 PM
If you go to the Fanatic Site ad at the top of this Site, they have some nice shirts and apparel that some of it is priced very reasonably IMHO. I know you were looking for something nice for this year so it might give you some ideas if you are gonna wait and buy something this weekend.

I like this Cutter and Buck Shirt they have but I don't really need it, I still am thinking about buying it.

http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Oklahoma_Sooners_Golf_And_More/Cutter_And_Buck_Oklahoma_Sooners_Crimson_Tournamen t_Polo

I have one like that, okay several like that. I wore it yesterday during my farewell Thailand tour. I also wore a Baylor Bear cap to balance out the ying and yang.

During the lunch with old colleagues I told the story about hiring a stock market analyst after walking into the interview and screaming Boomer. He screamed back Sooner at me and I told him that he had the job. Everyone seems to find that really funny. But, anyone that has the balls to do that will make a great stock market analyst and he proved that already. Dangit, the guy is brilliant.

Chuck Bao
8/31/2011, 06:47 PM
If I was gay, a huge black Tommie Harris would not be my style. I'm more of a Sam Bradford kinda guy....I can't believe I even went there....:(

Ha! That just makes the world go around. You know that spin that keeps day and night right. I am definitely Tommie Harris type, sorry Sam. And, AD is just too damn handsome for any one person. He has to be shared.

jumperstop
8/31/2011, 06:52 PM
Ha! That just makes the world go around. You know that spin that keeps day and night right. I am definitely Tommie Harris type, sorry Sam. And, AD is just too damn handsome for any one person. He has to be shared.

You must go for the darkies.

Chuck Bao
8/31/2011, 07:12 PM
You must go for the darkies.

Is redneck a darkie? I like to say that I'm two toned. Face, neck and arms are darkies and the rest of me definitely embarrassingly whitey.

Chuck Bao
8/31/2011, 07:14 PM
I just realized that I am like chicken. There is the dark meat and the white meat.

Sooner_Tuf
8/31/2011, 07:29 PM
In every situation there is a line. This thread has gone so far past that line that you can't even see it from here.

nighttrain12
8/31/2011, 07:46 PM
In every situation there is a line. This thread has gone so far past that line that you can't even see it from here.

Yeah, this thread should have stayed 'I hate Tim Tebow' and everything would have been fine.

Chuck Bao
8/31/2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah, this thread should have stayed 'I hate Tim Tebow' and everything would have been fine.

Yeah, I hate Tim Tebow for saying that he went on a missionary trip to circumcise young Filipino boys. What now? You hate foreskins and people with foreskins and you want to make it a missionary effort to cut off theirs? Wear a helmet will ya next time. Maybe that works.

Sooner_Tuf
8/31/2011, 09:12 PM

I'm sorry dude I was in the wrong for derailing this thread. Go ahead and tell us which player you want to have sex with.

bluedogok
8/31/2011, 09:15 PM
I figure that most of the people who wanted a Tebow jersey already bought them....dang I wish the Broncos would cut him, trade him, do something to get him off the roster. He's eating up valuable cap space.

8timechamps
8/31/2011, 10:12 PM
I figure that most of the people who wanted a Tebow jersey already bought them....dang I wish the Broncos would cut him, trade him, do something to get him off the roster. He's eating up valuable cap space.

That's the problem...they paid/owe him too much to cut right now, so they are trying to make it work. Unfortunately, sounds like they are going to give him a lengthy leash (at least a couple of years) to "learn". Frustrating for those of us Bronco fans that don't worship Tebow.

bluedogok
8/31/2011, 10:19 PM
That's the problem...they paid/owe him too much to cut right now, so they are trying to make it work. Unfortunately, sounds like they are going to give him a lengthy leash (at least a couple of years) to "learn". Frustrating for those of us Bronco fans that don't worship Tebow.
The frustrating is the ones who do worship him and believe in the fairy tale that he is a quality NFL quarterback.

8timechamps
8/31/2011, 10:22 PM
The frustrating is the ones who do worship him and believe in the fairy tale that he is a quality NFL quarterback.

It's amazing the people that love the dude but have no idea what an NFL QB should be. Of course, it's Denver....there are a ton of people that think every new QB that comes here is the next John Elway.

agoo758
8/31/2011, 10:56 PM
Right on man, me too! Why is there always some guy that feels like he needs to chime in with his opinion on jersey's?? Nobody cares what you think about jersey's dude, we're obviously not going to stop wearing them just because your generation doesn't.

ummm.... you know you can wear other things besides jersey's when its 100 plus out right??

Boomerbox
9/1/2011, 12:11 AM
ummm.... you know you can wear other things besides jersey's when its 100 plus out right?? ummmmm, that's not why I wear em. I've been wearing a jersey on game day for a long time and the weather has nothing to do with it, it's a game day tradition in most of my family. To each his own, but god damn can a guy wear a jersey without someone saying he shouldn't?? Who made the guy who wears khaki pants and a tucked in polo and a sooner belt the fashion police anyways? They obviously care about what they wear if they're criticizing others for what they are wearing, and they're always the first ones to post about the new sideline polo's that come out, LMMFAO!!!

Boomerbox
9/1/2011, 12:12 AM
ummm.... you know you can wear other things besides jersey's when its 100 plus out right?? and you quoted the wrong person