PDA

View Full Version : this game will mean more to me than any other...

ouwino
8/30/2011, 12:46 PM
i can not wait till saturday. in that, i am no different than thousands of other Sooner fans worldwide. however, this will be the first time in over 2 seasons that both my sons will be attending with me. my youngest son has not attended a game in this length of time. he just got home from Afghanistan in May. Honestly, there were times in the past season, the thought would come into my head that this coming saturday would NEVER come. thank GOD he made it home, safe, and sound. he is very, very, very excited about getting to come HOME and be with 85000 of his closest friends.

Chuck Bao
8/30/2011, 12:58 PM
i can not wait till saturday. in that, i am no different than thousands of other Sooner fans worldwide. however, this will be the first time in over 2 seasons that both my sons will be attending with me. my youngest son has not attended a game in this length of time. he just got home from Afghanistan in May. Honestly, there were times in the past season, the thought would come into my head that this coming saturday would NEVER come. thank GOD he made it home, safe, and sound. he is very, very, very excited about getting to come HOME and be with 85000 of his closest friends.

May God bless you and your son. I hope that you take the time to stop by the SF tailgate because I believe that there are a lot of us who want to say thanks to your son for serving our country. Football games don't matter. Having one of our own return safely matters to all of us. Welcome home and I want to give you a beer.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/30/2011, 01:05 PM
May God bless you and your son. I hope that you take the time to stop by the SF tailgate because I believe that there are a lot of us who want to say thanks to your son for serving our country. Football games don't matter. Having one of our own return safely matters to all of us. Welcome home and I want to give you a beer.

THIS^^^^ GOD bless our service men and women! GOD bless the USA and OKLAHOMA!

OUbwig333
8/30/2011, 01:10 PM
First off, THANKS to your son for serving our country. Second I am glad that you guys will get to share in this experience. Hope you guys have a great time.

Sooner in Tampa
8/30/2011, 01:16 PM
Thank you sir for raising a true American Hero...and thank your son for his service and sacrifice. He shouldn't have to buy a beer on Saturday!!!

God Bless and Enjoy your day with your sons.

Lawton4Life
8/30/2011, 01:41 PM
Boomer!!

8timechamps
8/30/2011, 01:48 PM

Awesome! Tell your son "thank you" for us.

Hope you guys have the best time of your life.

SunnySooner
8/30/2011, 04:26 PM
Tell your son thank you for his service!!!

It's a special year for us too! We will attend the FSU game, it will be my son's second game (Miami in '09 was the first), my girl's first, and the first game we attend as a family (hubby was deployed in '09, and girl was too small). I wish it could be in Norman, but you take what you can get!! At least we'll be surrounded by Sooners, and hopefully we'll get to witness one of the best games of the season.

Have a great time on Saturday!!!! Boomer!!!!!

tcrb
8/30/2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks and God Bless you and your sons. Enjoy the game!

Dan Thompson
8/30/2011, 08:17 PM
Thank him for his service from a ex-NAVY guy.

hawaii 5-0
8/30/2011, 08:53 PM
Great thread.

5-0

tcrb
8/30/2011, 09:03 PM
Come to think of it, It was the Tulsa game that I attended with my own son just after he returned from Afghanistan two years ago. That was Landry's first start, and as I recall he set a record 6 TD passes that game. I hope you and your son get to see another record breaking performance on Saturday. Boomer!

Soonerntxs
8/30/2011, 09:15 PM
DSDS ARMY VET to your Son, Welcome home, thank you for your service and BOOMER SOONER!

btb916
8/30/2011, 11:24 PM
I will be in attendance and he can consider me a friend for sure.

Enjoy what will surely be a very special day!

ouwasp
8/30/2011, 11:49 PM
This will indeed be a special day for your family! Cherish it...

I still remember the first OU game my Dad took me to; the '78 West Virginia. The last game Dad and I went to was the 2007 Mizzou game. He's still with us, just not up to the travel anymore. But we have 30 yrs of great memories.

Hope you and your son have many, many yrs of Sooner games to comes!