PDA

View Full Version : So the game that actually worries me this year is...

Fraggle145
8/30/2011, 11:10 AM
Mizzou. :nightmare:

I think they will have the best returning defense in the conference and it is right after the FSU game. I know they have a new QB. I know its a home game. But they were also the only team that I can remember ever really being ahead of us at home when they had Booger McDaniel.

Make me feel better...

jk the sooner fan
8/30/2011, 11:11 AM
oh i think we bitch slap them by 2 touchdowns or better

OUMallen
8/30/2011, 11:12 AM
Not at home. Paper tiger every. Single. Year.

Mark it man- OkSt will be the worst game of the year. Even if they don't live up to expectations.

rekamrettuB
8/30/2011, 11:17 AM
Mizzou. :nightmare:

I think they will have the best returning defense in the conference and it is right after the FSU game. I know they have a new QB. I know its a home game. But they were also the only team that I can remember ever really being ahead of us at home when they had Booger McDaniel.

Make me feel better...

The game you speak of was Mizzu's best team ever.

bixby28
8/30/2011, 11:24 AM
FSU will be the biggest battle, especially all the way down in Tallahassee.

yermom
8/30/2011, 11:38 AM
i'm most worried about FSU because it's earlier, but i think it's a toss-up with OSU and Texas after that

stupid things happen in Dallas, and the pokes always seem better than they should be in Stoolwater

OUVarsityXV
8/30/2011, 11:43 AM
They have had a lot of injuries during this off-season. Starting C- strained achillies. Senior OT- serious knee injury. Top 10 QB gone. A couple of WR's and a DB out as well. You NEED to be worried about this FSU game. If we can't be this Mizzou team at home then we don't deserve to win the MNC.

olevetonahill
8/30/2011, 11:43 AM
Every damn one of em worries me

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2011, 11:47 AM
If you start worrying about Mizzou now, you'll miss out on all the FSU worrying you could be doing. And times a wastin' on your Tulsa angst.

Peach Fuzz
8/30/2011, 11:50 AM

Pretty much. Kind of scary, hope Landry doesn't feel the same pressure I feel...Only probably 500x more.

OUNASH
8/30/2011, 11:58 AM
Better worry about FSU. I Dont worry about games at home. FSU, however, on the road , hostile crowd, I think this is the measuring stick for the year. We get by this game and I think we have a great shot of going undefeated and winning number 8.

olevetonahill
8/30/2011, 12:16 PM
Im just going to enjoy the season ONE game at a time .

SoonerShay
8/30/2011, 12:18 PM
If you start worrying about Mizzou now, you'll miss out on all the FSU worrying you could be doing. And times a wastin' on your Tulsa angst.

LOL!

PrideMom
8/30/2011, 12:19 PM
OU plays at home....and Missouri was really hyped last year, won't be the same coming to Norman..

OU will CRUSH them!

Jacie
8/30/2011, 12:36 PM
Game that worries me most is (always) the next one.

That said, I am going to enjoy em all . . . one season at a time.

Sooner in Tampa
8/30/2011, 12:40 PM

^^^^^^THIS

XingTheRubicon
8/30/2011, 12:44 PM
i'm most worried about FSU because it's earlier, but i think it's a toss-up with OSU and Texas after that

stupid things happen in Dallas, and the pokes always seem better than they should be in Stoolwater

no they don't.

in the last 13 years, the lower ranked team has won once

Fraggle145
8/30/2011, 01:10 PM
no they don't.

in the last 13 years, the lower ranked team has won once

This is why I wasnt worried about Dallas. For some reason FSU just doesnt scare me. EJ Manuel is at best a poor mans Vince Young. He just doesnt seem accurate with the football to me. aTm worries me more than FSU. OSU I feel will be close, but we will end up on top and I'll end up with a good case of heartburn.

TMcGee86
8/30/2011, 02:04 PM
To me, last years loss at Mizzou was a much bigger fluke than was the loss to A&M. It was raining and we had a couple of turnovers that I don't think happen in good weather/ at home. I think we donkey stomp Mizzou.

It's ball state that worries me.

They're quiet.

Too quiet...

8timechamps
8/30/2011, 02:09 PM
Ever since App State beat Michigan at the Big House in the season opener, opening "should win" games have always scared me.

Utah State gave us everything we could handle last year, so right now, I'm worried about Tulsa.

bmjlr
8/30/2011, 02:17 PM

+1

BoulderSooner79
8/30/2011, 03:19 PM
I'm amazed how much our group collective knows about teams that have yet to play a down - our team and the other guys. More impressive is knowing future injuries, weather, refs and the like. I'm tempted to put money on it...