PDA

View Full Version : 9/3: OU hosts Tulsa!

badger
8/29/2011, 10:37 PM
Here you go. I am seeing point spreads of -23, -22 and -21.5, so I'll just go with the lowest one, because I'm not a vHoarder of the vCash.

You have until 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 3 to cast your vBets. vEnjoy!

Boomer.....
8/30/2011, 10:30 AM
In!

Some good bets Badger.

badger
8/30/2011, 10:59 AM
Please send in requests for what to do about OU's bye week, or future requests for either the football related achievements (defense, offense, special teams, you name it) or the silly offhanded bets that have nothing to do with football :)

badger
8/30/2011, 12:35 PM
Some clarification:

1- I plan to attend the game Saturday, so I'll judge of the oddball ones at the end... the national anthem, the drum major, etc. I would welcome other firsthand account info from other attendees though :)

2- I will use NWS Norman info to determine what the exact temperature was at 7 p.m.

3- Also, if "The Wave" never leaves the student section, I will count that as a non-existent Wave. It's only if you old fart alums partake if I'll count it.

4- I will go off of cumulative yards for both passing and rushing, so if Landry happens to complete a backwards pass to himself for negative yardage like Favre did as a Packer a long time ago... yeah.

5- If Jimmy Stevens ends up kicking zero field goals, or zero extra points, he didn't miss any, did he? That's perfection enough for me! The only way he's not perfect is if he misses one or is blocked.

6- Keep in mind that a Sooner not named Landry does not just refer to Sooners named Blake or Drew, but also anyone else through trickeration... like Trent? Or Ryan? Or Jimmy!

7- Some of my text vanished due to quote marks. The text on each should be correct now. TOUCHDOWN TIGHT END!

badger
9/2/2011, 02:15 PM
Due to slight fatigue, baj may actually chicken out of attending Saturday's game, as much as I would love to do. West Coast timezone differences and travel stress really took a toll. Ugh.

Thus, the scalper one will be for NP, not me, if I don't attend (because my paycheck gets direct deposited to him anyway, lol), and I will welcome PM and thread post advice on how to rule "The Wave," the Brave/Sooners, and Pride drum major options. Video/audio proof would also be welcome :)

I have received requests for having stronger payout lines, and it looks like the most popular options are the actual game line as well as some oddball football-related ones (and the Hammer, for obvious reasons... grrrr, vBookie abuse!).

If given no better ideas, I will likely base "Bye Week" off of one of my favorite ESPN.com features, the Bottom 10 (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom110829/ohio-state-buckeyes-come-undone-bottom-10). :)

badger
9/3/2011, 03:33 PM
Once again, till 7 p.m. tonight. Get yer vBets in!

Penguin
9/3/2011, 04:41 PM
I dreamed about this game last night. But, instead of Tulsa, OU was playing against the Oklahoma Department of Transportation's football team. Colt McCoy was their quarterback. And instead of helmets, OU was wearing white hardhats.

OU crushed them, but ODOT scored a meaningless, "moral victory" touchdown at the end. Not sure what the dream meant. Just thought I would share.

badger
9/3/2011, 11:28 PM
Kickoff temp was officially 99 according to FX and the weather service.

NP, who cheered in my place in my illness, spent $90 on his ticket since it was in a block with others, so, no vPay on that.

He also reported that SOONERS was definitely louder than BRAVE, so no vPay there.

No signs of drum major extreme bending, so no vPay.

While GJ was clearly tackled many times, SS.com stats only showed him getting sacked three times. No vPay. Sorry. At least LJ was sack-free.

SS.com didn't show any fumble recoveries, but I know that's not correct... but regardless, I am pretty sure TO's were less than five, so vPay!

I was really holding out for touchdown tight end at the end. <sigh>

Any suggestions for future vBet options, please let me know. This game already has me brainstorming for bye week and FSU.

Boomer!

badger
9/3/2011, 11:44 PM
Also, I have discovered that I can retroactively change betting payoff lines, so should news break during the week ever again that changes the likelihood of...say... Hammer being eligible... the odds are going down even farther next time :P

cccasooner2
9/4/2011, 12:21 AM
I only counted 2 true frosh Kameel (18) and Jones (52). Who were the other two?

badger
9/4/2011, 10:30 AM
I only counted 2 true frosh Kameel (18) and Jones (52). Who were the other two?

You are probably right... I was vTired and just decided to vGift on that one, rather than try to reanalyze everyone on special teams, late in the fourth, etc., especially since there was no dissenting option to accompany (such as "LESS that four true froshies play!").

cccasooner2
9/4/2011, 04:48 PM
You are probably right... I was vTired and just decided to vGift on that one, rather than try to reanalyze everyone on special teams, late in the fourth, etc., especially since there was no dissenting option to accompany (such as "LESS that four true froshies play!").

OK, and thanks for the vGift on The Hammer! :D

badger
9/4/2011, 06:19 PM
:mad: I learned through that bet that I can severely decrease odds after the initial showing, so should such a situation ever arise again, the odds will sink to 1 to 100 next time :mad: