PDA

View Full Version : The craziness that is Tulsa football in September

badger
8/29/2011, 09:51 PM
I will do a separate event for the OU-Tulsa game, but of course, but figured that you all would appreciate the craziness that is TU's football schedule this September.

They face THREE top ten opponents this month. If they come out of it unscathed, they are gonna be auto contenders for the BCS, if not the BCS title game. But then again, I don't think anyone expects this, not even diehard TU fans.

But, I'll let you all decide.

Sept. 3: at Oklahoma

Sept. 10: at Tulane

Sept. 17: vs. Oklahoma State

Sept. 24: at Boise State

I was at the game when they hosted Boise, and they fought those Smurf Turfers till the bitter end. I was also at the Tulsa game a few years back when they were actually beating us in the first quarter. It was awful and miserable all combined into one, because I was surrounded by fairweather OU fans that were upset at us calling running up the middle plays to combat TU's air attack :P

Tell me how it all turns out. You have till the start of the OU game to vDecide how to spend your vCash.

badger
9/3/2011, 03:32 PM
Lots of vCash to be made here, but the window closes at 7 pm's kickoff tonight.

badger
9/19/2011, 07:39 AM
It is looking more and more like Tulsa will lose all except Tulane this month.

They put up a fight against Tulsa and if it weren't for turnovers (or the after-midnight start), they might have made OSU-Tulsa a game. Alas, it wasn't.

And it looks more than ever that Boise won't be a game, either. Their quarterback reportedly has an MCL injury and will be out 2-4 weeks. Yes, GJ Kinne :(

badger
9/24/2011, 10:55 PM
Who gets stuck with all the bad luck? No one, but Donald Duck (and Tulsa).

I'm sure the end result would have been different if they weren't weather delayed at home and without their starting QB at Boise.

In any event, kudos to them for scheduling such a tough September. Good luck during the rest of the season.