PDA

View Full Version : Damaris Johnson not playing Saturday

Always_Sooner
8/29/2011, 09:46 PM
TULSA, Okla. - NCAA all-purpose yardage record-holder Damaris Johnson was suspended indefinitely by Tulsa on Friday after he was questioned by police following his girlfriend's arrest on an embezzlement complaint.

The loss of Johnson, a second-team All-America last season, deals the Golden Hurricane a tough blow leading up to their season opener next week at top-ranked Oklahoma. Johnson had 208 all-purpose yards, caught a touchdown pass and returned a punt for a score in a victory at Notre Dame last season during a seven-game winning streak.

VA Sooner
8/29/2011, 10:00 PM
Game just became too easy. More pressure on their QB, Kinne.

Flying Scotsman
8/29/2011, 10:03 PM
Beware of Hurricanes named "Irene"....Followed by "Jose"....

badger
8/29/2011, 10:07 PM
TU football is an interest case study for the month of September. As such I have posted a vBookie event dedicated to everything TU football in September. This is not to be confused with any vBookie events for Saturday's games (and THE game Saturday), so no worries, that will be later.

For the time being consider: At OU, then at Tulane, then hosting OSU, then at Boise State.

HAVE FUN, HURRICANE!

nfLEc09tTjI

badger
10/12/2011, 04:15 PM
An update on this:

Damaris Johnson pled guilty to felony embezzlement today.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20111012_14_0_Univer649593)

Deferred sentencing, fines, community service, not sure what his status will be with TU football after this is over. He'd probably get an NCAA hardship waiver for this year since he didn't play in any games, if he chose to go this route.

He is the reason why we beat TU so soundly. To GJ Kinne's credit, he is the reason it wasn't uglier.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/12/2011, 11:17 PM
I think most schools have policies concerning not accepting enrollment of convicted felons. He's probably done.

It's pretty sad. How in the h-e-doublehockeysticks does a young person like that get involved in felony embezzlement...

OUbasketball4life
10/13/2011, 12:06 AM
Whomever was his attorney really sucked first off, I'm pretty sure he should have gotten that reduced to a misdemeanor perhaps, I don't think you can play NCAA D1 ball with a felony so I'm sure he is done at Tulsa. Sucks for him to be that age and having to find a job with a felony at the age of 20 or however old he is, and for what? Some clothes at Macy's? I wish him the best and hope he has learned a valuable lesson.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/13/2011, 03:23 AM
It's pretty sad. How in the h-e-doublehockeysticks does a young person like that get involved in felony embezzlement...\

By being a smug thug with a criminal girlfriend that will selectively record purchases and mark the price down for their own "discount". Too bad the judge caved and didn't give these jerks what was coming to them. They need a little time in the hoosgau and lots of time in community service and some decent fines. Stupid thugs have no honor and have not been taught to be good citizens.