PDA

View Full Version : Stoops says that four freshman will definitely play..

adoniijahsooner
8/29/2011, 08:43 PM
Per Jake Trotter's twitter. I am most impressed by the emergence of Kellen Jones. Dude must be tearing it up in practice.

http://twitter.com/#!/jake_trotter

Stoops said G Nila Kasatati, WR Kameel Jackson, RB Brandon Williams, LB Kellen Jones would be 4 freshmen to def. play.

LVSOONER15
8/29/2011, 09:07 PM
Alot of people are sayin Kellen is doing good. I guess we'll have to find out who.

badger
8/29/2011, 10:10 PM
I would bet serious $$ that it's only on ST that we see Kellen.

Mike Stoops
8/29/2011, 11:36 PM
I would bet serious $$ that it's only on ST that we see Kellen.

Replacement Hammer?

KantoSooner
8/30/2011, 07:07 AM
I have a feeling that Nila will grow into his role as crowd favorite. I'm looking forward to the next four years and hope OU's recruiters finally turn onto the islanders. There's such a strong athletic culture in Polynesia and a devotion to the 'Ohana' neighborhood values dealio that these guys would be natural fits at OU.

The fact that many are large men with bad attitudes toward opposing teams has nothing to do with my conclusion.

KiiDSooNER
8/30/2011, 09:59 AM
It's good to see Kameel Jackson listed as well. He was one of our original commits and was sort of outshined by guys like Metoyer last year. All summer long, Kameel was dominating camps.

gaylordfan1
8/30/2011, 10:03 AM
I hope everything about Kellen is true.... but just think something is fishy about him only being on the practice field for 2 weeks and already being on the 2 deep. I think its coach V trying to light a fire under the other LBs butt, similar to what he did to T. Lewis his freshman year. But who knows.

BoomerJ
8/30/2011, 10:10 AM
I agree, Gaylordfan. There is very little chance an incoming freshman who missed the summer workouts and has seen the playbook for two weeks is going to hop over Bird, Favors, and whoever else is in front of him. However, it does put a little shine on the future.