PDA

View Full Version : Texas AM Receives Withdrawal Procedures from Big 12

Sabanball
8/29/2011, 07:14 PM
Looks like it's about to become official.....

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2011/08/am-receives-letter-from-big-12-confirming-mutual-waivers-of-legal-claims-taking-next-step-toward-pos.html#ixzz1WSUyTtzZ

silverwheels
8/29/2011, 07:17 PM
Enjoy the Aggie Squeeze, SEC. WHOOP! FARMERS FIGHT! BTHO TEXAS EVEN THOUGH WE WON'T PLAY THEM ANYMORE!

BigTip
8/29/2011, 07:38 PM
So who do you think the aggies will pick to be jealous of in the SEC?

tcrb
8/29/2011, 07:43 PM

Arky. Cause they are twins separated at birth.

AlboSooner
8/29/2011, 07:47 PM
what about their fight song?

hawaii 5-0
8/29/2011, 07:49 PM

Ya mean Yogi Bear is Smarter Than the Average Bear?

5-0

OUTrumpet
8/29/2011, 07:54 PM

They are saying 'goodbye to Texas University' about as bluntly as they can.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2011, 07:56 PM
I would pay an awesome amount of money to witness and experience Vandy's collective reaction to the Aggies the first time they play themin College Station. Pure. Gold.

BigTip
8/29/2011, 08:28 PM

Ha Ha! Stupid aggies. I bet they didn't think about this. Now they're screwed! bwahahah.

But seriously, it does make you stop and think how much tradition this tradition rich school is leaving behind.

Sabanball
8/29/2011, 08:32 PM
I would pay an awesome amount of money to witness and experience Vandy's collective reaction to the Aggies the first time they play themin College Station. Pure. Gold.

Didn't you hear? We're going to let TAMU play Vandy twice the first yr in the league to break them in....:D

MeMyself&Me
8/29/2011, 08:36 PM
You're going to love the aggs. No school values rituals more than tradition like the aggs do. You'll get it after you're first visit to Kyle Field. lol

I Am Right
8/29/2011, 08:40 PM
Now, if we could get osu pukes to leave also!

AlboSooner
8/29/2011, 08:43 PM
TAMU has this notion of itself of being a football power. somehow. With this move, they upset Texas, and think that they will become one of the big boys in the SEC. Iron sharpens iron, TAMU probably thinks. Reality is, the SEC is not the doom and gloom tough conference we all hype it to be. Outside the top tier teams (Bama, LSU, Florida), the rest of the games are winnable. They do present a challenge when you play them at Kyle Field, and average TAMU teams have beaten good OU and Texas teams. They can do the same to Bama et al.

They can't beat Alabama --SEC's best team on paper--at Alabama, but I can't sit here and pretend that the Aggies would not have a good chance to beat Bama at Kyle field. At the very least this is a good move financially, and at the very worst they keep their average status in the SEC. I don't think the move is as bad as we all make it to be.

Soonerus
8/29/2011, 08:47 PM
Big mistake by Aggies...

Sabanball
8/29/2011, 08:50 PM
Now why don't you guys take Arkansas? They've never been a good fit in the SEC, IMO.

SoonerMom2
8/29/2011, 09:01 PM
Is that what the plane from OU to MO to OU to College Station to OU to MO to OU was doing yesterday? Delivering the paperwork for how to withdraw with the big price tag of almost $30M. A&M made a mistake last summer pledging to work to keep the Big 12 with the other schools and now they will pay for this. We need to send them out of Owen Field in a royal way -- how about 80-0 to break the record?

sooner ngintunr
8/29/2011, 09:05 PM
Now why don't you guys take Arkansas? They've never been a good fit in the SEC, IMO.

We're taking, BYU, Pitt, and ND.:very_drunk:

AlboSooner
8/29/2011, 09:09 PM
The Steelers will soon follow

A Sooner in Texas
8/29/2011, 09:17 PM
I can't wait for that SEC SPEED!!!! to run all over those farm boys!

OU_Sooners75
8/29/2011, 09:27 PM
Looks like it's about to become official.....

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2011/08/am-receives-letter-from-big-12-confirming-mutual-waivers-of-legal-claims-taking-next-step-toward-pos.html#ixzz1WSUyTtzZ

You sure have a hardon for wanting to break up the Big 12, dont you?

OU GENO
8/29/2011, 09:28 PM
We won't get arkansaw they left because of texass!

OU_Sooners75
8/29/2011, 09:29 PM
We will let the SEC have them if they also accept Dan Bebee.

MeMyself&Me
8/29/2011, 09:29 PM
TAMU has this notion of itself of being a football power. somehow. With this move, they upset Texas, and think that they will become one of the big boys in the SEC. Iron sharpens iron, TAMU probably thinks. Reality is, the SEC is not the doom and gloom tough conference we all hype it to be. Outside the top tier teams (Bama, LSU, Florida), the rest of the games are winnable. They do present a challenge when you play them at Kyle Field, and average TAMU teams have beaten good OU and Texas teams. They can do the same to Bama et al.

They can't beat Alabama --SEC's best team on paper--at Alabama, but I can't sit here and pretend that the Aggies would not have a good chance to beat Bama at Kyle field. At the very least this is a good move financially, and at the very worst they keep their average status in the SEC. I don't think the move is as bad as we all make it to be.

This is exactly as I see it.

bluedogok
8/29/2011, 10:16 PM
Bama...they are still pissed that Bama "stole the Bear" away from them. Why do you think they "stole" Fran from Bama.

Ha Ha! Stupid aggies. I bet they didn't think about this. Now they're screwed! bwahahah.

But seriously, it does make you stop and think how much tradition this tradition rich school is leaving behind.
UT will have to change theirs as well, from what I understand there is an A&M reference in it.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2011, 10:18 PM
Bama...they are still pissed that Bama "stole the Bear" away from them. Why do you think they "stole" Fran from Bama.
We call that an "Aggie swap."