PDA

View Full Version : Aggie being.......well.......an aggie.

85Sooner
8/29/2011, 06:16 PM
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1900196&forum_id=5

user level: Veteran posted 1:55p, 08/29/11this user's public profilesend private message to useredit this replyobject to this reply

I am willing to write a check for $100 for the Big 12 Exit fee. Just tell me do I need to write it to the 12th man foundation or TAMU Athletic Department?

If the total fee is $20 million, we just need 20,000 more Ags to step up. If you are willing to pay for the Ags to go to the SEC, answer "here".

olevetonahill
8/29/2011, 06:25 PM
They need to send it all to MY PayPal. when its all collected Ill forward it in one lump sum to a Cayman Island bank for safe keeping.

mgsooner
8/29/2011, 06:31 PM
I just don't understand why these idiots think the SEC is going to somehow be better.

silverwheels
8/29/2011, 06:35 PM
I just don't understand why these idiots think the SEC is going to somehow be better.

It will be better because they won't have to deal with Texas, and they'll make more money. But really all they care about is getting away from Texas. They realized that they will never be as important as UT so they're bolting for a conference that treats its members a little more equally.

mgsooner
8/29/2011, 06:38 PM
It will be better because they won't have to deal with Texas, and they'll make more money. But really all they care about is getting away from Texas. They realized that they will never be as important as UT so they're bolting for a conference that treats its members a little more equally.

That's all well and good if all you care about is "getting away from Texas". If you care about actually being able to win something someday this isn't the move for you. I guess they can take solace in the fact that they "stuck it to Texas" and are making more money as they're trying to scrape together 6 or 7 wins and make it to a bowl game every year. Sounds like loads of fun.

finster
8/29/2011, 06:52 PM
The SEC is going to love these guys.
http://i53.tinypic.com/70bdvn.jpg
I know i'm tired of the whine.

cvsooner
8/29/2011, 06:53 PM
The funny part is to raise $20 million, he needs 200,000 more Aggots to send in $100, not 20K. Doh!

85Sooner
8/29/2011, 06:54 PM
OK Sooners.... no one mentioned the aggie math.

olevetonahill
8/29/2011, 07:03 PM
The funny part is to raise $20 million, he needs 200,000 more Aggots to send in $100, not 20K. Doh!

OK Sooners.... no one mentioned the aggie math.

Im just gonna collect the money from em. then tell em about the math prob .

silverwheels
8/29/2011, 07:10 PM
That's all well and good if all you care about is "getting away from Texas". If you care about actually being able to win something someday this isn't the move for you. I guess they can take solace in the fact that they "stuck it to Texas" and are making more money as they're trying to scrape together 6 or 7 wins and make it to a bowl game every year. Sounds like loads of fun.

I think they'll do a little better than that, but if they think they're going to be one of the elite teams in the SEC they're dreaming.

mgsooner
8/29/2011, 07:13 PM
Hell they haven't done much better than that in the Big 12, what makes them think they'll do it in the SEC?

silverwheels
8/29/2011, 07:16 PM
Well, even Arkansas has managed to become competitive in the SEC on an occasional basis. They win a division title once or twice a decade. I think A&M can do that.

Football Jim
8/29/2011, 08:51 PM
Arkey will own them and win many more division titles than aggy

AlboSooner
8/29/2011, 08:55 PM
Well, even Arkansas has managed to become competitive in the SEC on an occasional basis. They win a division title once or twice a decade. I think A&M can do that.

While making pretty good money and getting a lot of exposure. Not that bad of a move by TAMU. Seeing the immense amount of but-hurt coming out of Austin, deep down the Horns know they needed the Aggies more than they realized.

SoonerMom2
8/29/2011, 09:04 PM

Wondered when someone was going to pick that up -- guess you call it Aggie math. What makes them think the Big 12 is going to settle for $20M after the Aggies pledged their support to the Big 12 last summer and now a year later are leaving. I say take them to the cleaners!

Statalyzer
8/30/2011, 03:01 AM
Seeing the immense amount of but-hurt coming out of Austin, deep down the Horns know they needed the Aggies more than they realized.

I can honestly say you have the Texas sentiment completely wrong.

The funny thing is that the Big 12 system helped A&M because A&M was one of the bigger earners in the conference and so they got to keep more of it and give less away to the Baylors & Iowa States than they would have if the Big 12 used the SEC / Big 10 / ACC model.

Basically what you have here would be like New York State complaining that California has more members in the House of Representatives than New York does, and proclaiming that both houses of Congress should be like the Senate and have equal representation.

Sooner_Tuf
8/30/2011, 04:02 AM
I don't know that they will make more money but it is going to 18 million to find out. Now for the good part. What if the SEC isn't ready to expand?