PDA

View Full Version : Trey Metoyer not cleared by Whitehouse High School

Ruf/Nek7
8/29/2011, 06:10 PM
Soonerscoop.com just broke that Trey Metoyer officially informed them that he is headed to Chatham, VA. where he will be enrolling in Hargrave Military Academy. Apparently, Metoyer did what was required of him at TJC but Whitehouse "did not sign off on them(grades)" says Metoyer.

NCAA rules allow recruits to re-open their recruiting after attending schools such as Hargrave, however, Metoyer stated that he "has no interest in any other school and will be in Norman by January."

He has not decided yet on whether to play football for Hargrave but will talk to the coaching staff about it when he arrives in Virginia. I wish him all the best this fall at Hargrave and I hope he stays true to his word/committment to OU.

C&CDean
8/29/2011, 06:45 PM
In all seriousness, high school ain't that hard. Geez. If you wanna play ball, learn to spell "ball."

MojoRisen
8/29/2011, 06:48 PM
I found college easier than Highschool - as long as you show up to class you are good to go.

hawaii 5-0
8/29/2011, 06:50 PM
I hope someone from OU 'stays in touch' with the lad.

5-0

KantoSooner
8/30/2011, 07:11 AM
Everybody has problems in life from time to time. I don't know the causes of Metoyer's current woes. If he goes about his business and gets it together, he has a chance to turn this whole thing into a positive.
I hope he does.

Ruf/Nek7
8/30/2011, 07:16 AM
Well what sucks here is that he tried to amend his high school issues by getting the job done at TJC. His high school did not accept the grades. Honestly, unless they are whorns that are mad he is going to OU, i commend the school for sticking true to the academics and not just letting an athlete slide by.

cleller
8/30/2011, 07:26 AM
Doesn't sound all negative to me. He will be able to play football this fall at the Hargrave, Assuming he doesn't get hurt, he can stay in shape, stay sharp, and be ready here in the spring. We are already deep at receiver.

EatLeadCommie
8/30/2011, 07:42 AM
Your experience is likely the exception to the rule, but it depends on where you go to school. I was an excellent high school student and struggled in college.

Mississippi Sooner
8/30/2011, 08:40 AM
Hmmmm. I never really knew how athletics worked at those military academies. Apparently, though, if you play on the post-graduate team, you play a schedule that includes several small colleges like Pikeville and Mt. Union. So, he'll still be able to hone his skills on the field against some decent competition. If they help him get his stuff together in the classroom, this could turn out to be a really good deal for him.