PDA

View Full Version : Who does OU play in the national title game?

OUInformant
8/29/2011, 04:29 PM
Not to put the cart before the horse or anything, but IF we make the game this year.

The poll will be up for the next 30 days.

hawaii 5-0
8/29/2011, 04:35 PM
Bama

5-0

8timechamps
8/29/2011, 04:39 PM
I can't see anyone coming out of the SEC without a loss, and given that Oregon plays one tough team this year (although UofA and ASU may surprise me), I think they end up in the BCS NCG.

BoulderSooner79
8/29/2011, 04:44 PM
Stanford will take care of the Ducks. I'll probably be at that game since I can get there on my bicycle :)

Okie35
8/29/2011, 04:46 PM
Stanford will take care of the Ducks. I'll probably be at that game since I can get there on my bicycle :)

I don't think they will but if they do then maybe Stanford makes it to the MNC. Call me crazy but even w/ the money involved I don't see an SEC team in the title game this year. I think they're going to beat up on each other.

8timechamps
8/29/2011, 04:48 PM
I can't see anyone coming out of the SEC without a loss, and given that Oregon plays one tough team this year (although UofA and ASU may surprise me), I think they end up in the BCS NCG.

Is Stanford riding on last years accomplishments, or are they really that good? It just seems like losing your head coach (at least the one at the helm when you turned your program around) would be a lot to overcome (to meet the same expectations).

I guess we'll see if Luck is really that good.

BigTip
8/29/2011, 04:55 PM
Oregon, LSU, Boise St, or Nebraska would all be great games for us, with history with each of those teams, and any of those match-ups could possibly happen.
The informed "go with the stats" gambler in me says Alabama though. But my heart says any non-SEC team...please!

SCOUT
8/29/2011, 05:22 PM
I voted for Nebraska mostly out of wishful thinking. I would love to beat them by 50 in the NC game.

LVSOONER15
8/29/2011, 05:23 PM
I say wee meet up with the ducks, then we smash them by 40.

Illuminati
8/29/2011, 05:24 PM
Boise

MountainOkie
8/29/2011, 05:36 PM
Takin' the field.

I think somebody else comes out of the SEC.

tfoolry
8/29/2011, 05:42 PM
As of right now, Tulsa.

BoulderSooner79
8/29/2011, 05:58 PM

I don't think they will but if they do then maybe Stanford makes it to the MNC. Call me crazy but even w/ the money involved I don't see an SEC team in the title game this year. I think they're going to beat up on each other.

Sort of tongue in cheek combined with wishful thinking. Stanford is my other favorite red team. Stanford lost too many starters in the trenches as well as changing the HC. If they can beat the Ducks, it will probably be an upset and Stanford will not be in the title hunt.

northspeter
8/29/2011, 06:11 PM
i voted for wisky... but i almost feel like it may be someone off the radar... like auburn last year... maybe arkansas, iowa, or west virginia...

Sabanball
8/29/2011, 06:42 PM
As of right now, Tulsa.

Right answer.:eagerness:

MojoRisen
8/29/2011, 06:51 PM
VA Tech stands a good chance not to loose a game - they may sneak in by having not one team in the top 40 on their schedule until ACC Championship game.

C&CDean
8/29/2011, 06:55 PM
These are the kinds of threads that jump up and bite y'all square in the nuts. How about you just go "can we beat Tulsa?" and take it a game at a time. Kids, geez.

BigTip
8/29/2011, 07:47 PM
These are the kinds of threads that jump up and bite y'all square in the nuts. How about you just go "can we beat Tulsa?" and take it a game at a time. Kids, geez.

Sorry, I know, but this waiting for the season to start is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!

IslandSooner
8/29/2011, 08:02 PM
I don't think we should look beyond Tulsa, and then FSU, and then obviously each week one at a time....... But assuming we make it to the NCG, it will be Boise State, simply because they will beat Georgia, and I just don't think you will witness a "Kicker Melt-Down" again this year.... Besides, ESPN wants them in the NCG :):):)......IMHO:) But, I hope they go 0-12:)

AlboSooner
8/29/2011, 08:48 PM
I can see Bama coming out of the SEC without a loss. The SEC is down this year, despite it's mythical standing among college football fans. LSU, Florida, and Auburn are not that good this year.

OUInformant
8/29/2011, 08:49 PM
i voted for wisky... but i almost feel like it may be someone off the radar... like auburn last year... maybe arkansas, iowa, or west virginia...

I like Wisky & Boise St. because of their schedules and preseason rankings.

ouwasp
8/29/2011, 09:42 PM
If and when OU makes it out of Sept undefeated, then I'll cast a vote. Right now I'm thinking VA Tech or maybe Boise St.

I never want to see the Sooners on the same field again with bsu (an ultimate no-win, replete w/ highlights)... so that's what will probably happen...

FirstAndGoalOU
8/29/2011, 09:53 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqx4v4UZtSbHF5yjnoh8hBOfMN__hl5 YyJNnPSFX-Ynwtd-iS2

OUInformant
8/30/2011, 12:43 AM
Virginia Tech's schedule is strikingly soft.

It makes me wonder if they could ever be prepared for a BCS championship game.

Peach Fuzz
8/30/2011, 02:18 AM
Oregon. LSU game got a little easier. Still gonna have to put points up on a good D. Stanford ain't **** from what they were last year so I'm predicting UO, unless they screw themselves over.

Dwight
8/30/2011, 07:03 AM
Although I would HATE to see this happen, I picked Boise St. They'll most likely be undefeated, and the other teams will have 1+ loss.

OUInformant
9/3/2011, 05:45 PM
It's obviously hard to change my opinions after week 1's cupcake games. Oregon-LSU and Boise St.-Georgia should be good.

OUInformant
9/3/2011, 05:45 PM
Alabama's D looked good. The offense was okay, not great. Like I suspected.

OUInformant
9/3/2011, 05:46 PM
I like Boise St., Wisconsin, and OU.

PLaw
9/4/2011, 08:29 AM
LSU - Provided OU makes it there. The D played good, but not great against Tulsa. They continued to show they are very capable of making mental busts and executing with poor fundamentals resulting in giving up big plays. End of the day, the D has to be dominant to play and win in the that last game. On Sept 5, they are not dominant.

BOOMER

BudSooner
9/4/2011, 08:53 AM
Georgia looked like total ****, dog ****, elephant ****.....just ****. I hope nobody is basing Boise of of this one game 'cause i'm pretty confident alot of teams would look good against the Dawgs.
They could not stop a team of 8yr olds with runny noses, why they keep Mark Richt is beyond me....this guy should have been fired years ago.

BigTip
9/4/2011, 01:36 PM
This weekend cleared a few things up and I liked it. No Oregon, no dark horse TCU in the running.

I think I am in the wrong mindset though. I keep playing the "this team has to get beat" thing like I have so many years in the past when we are ranked #6 or #8 so that WE can get in the game.

We are pretty much in control of our destiny. I'm going to put all my eggs in the one basket of winning them all and stop worrying about who is doing what to whom.

Wouldn't it be fun to play nebbish though. That could actually happen now.

OUmillenium
9/4/2011, 08:35 PM
Ducks = Fail