PDA

View Full Version : I'll admit, I'm still not over it...

8timechamps
8/29/2011, 03:42 PM
I still am not over the loss to Boise in the Fiesta Bowl...so, I always hope they lose. This weekend presents a decent chance.

For one game this season, I will be a HUGE Dawgs fan.

This game is interesting because Boise has been so good over the past 5 or 6 years, and UGA has had it's share of struggles under Richt. The UGA fans seem to think that this is Richt's "prove it, or lose it" year (and I'd agree with that). So, does the same old Boise team, that seems to get up for the big games (minus Nevada) show up, or do the Bulldogs make the SEC proud?

Great opening weekend game...plus we get to see the crazy uniforms both teams will wear. Too bad it's not on earlier.

rekamrettuB
8/29/2011, 03:46 PM
The big WR Boise lost this year presented such a huge mismatch...Pettis I think? We shall see how Moore does w/out him in the lineup. Not sure what UGA looks like this year but they will be the underdog here which is not what Boise is used to. Boise does a great job scheduling the 1st game of the season against high profile teams. Gives them all off season to scout this one game.

Okie35
8/29/2011, 03:51 PM
The big WR Boise lost this year presented such a huge mismatch...Pettis I think? We shall see how Moore does w/out him in the lineup. Not sure what UGA looks like this year but they will be the underdog here which is not what Boise is used to. Boise does a great job scheduling the 1st game of the season against high profile teams. Gives them all off season to scout this one game.

They lost Pettis and Titus Young their best receivers and Young was a great kick/punt returner. Anyway, I'm not completely over it but I don't want to hear SEC chants. I'd be content it Boise destroyed Georgia, if its the other way around I won't really care either. I'm leaning towards Boise winning more though.

8timechamps
8/29/2011, 03:51 PM

I just don't know anything about UGA. Seems like they get the "SEC pass" when it comes to preseason expectations. However, they seem to fall short as of late.

I agree about Boise's OOC game scheduling. I heard Coach Peterson once say "we'll play anybody, anywhere". Not sure if that's accurate, but seems like they schedule tough openers (at least recently).

Okie35
8/29/2011, 03:57 PM
I just don't know anything about UGA. Seems like they get the "SEC pass" when it comes to preseason expectations. However, they seem to fall short as of late.

I agree about Boise's OOC game scheduling. I heard Coach Peterson once say "we'll play anybody, anywhere". Not sure if that's accurate, but seems like they schedule tough openers (at least recently).

Georgia lost a lot on defense and AJ Greene on offense but they still have a pretty good QB and running backs (although two left the team this offseason). They have a highly recruited freshman, Isaiah Crowell.

Fraggle145
8/29/2011, 04:06 PM
Georgia lost a lot on defense and AJ Greene on offense but they still have a pretty good QB and running backs (although two left the team this offseason). They have a highly recruited freshman, Isaiah Crowell.

Pretty much this. Their QB is pretty good and kind of underrated.

My wife and her family are all Dawg fans. They think it is going to be a tough game, but that the Dawgs should come out on top. I'm not that sure... It is in the Dome and the Dawgs usually play well there and it will definitely be their home crowd. If the Crowell kid is all he's cracked up to be and the Dawgs can run the ball they will win.

Dont forget that the year before Boise beat us, UGA put them into the ground in Athens (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=252460061).

8timechamps
8/29/2011, 04:12 PM
They lost Pettis and Titus Young their best receivers and Young was a great kick/punt returner. Anyway, I'm not completely over it but I don't want to hear SEC chants. I'd be content it Boise destroyed Georgia, if its the other way around I won't really care either. I'm leaning towards Boise winning more though.

As much as I gag on the SEC lovefest, the personal dislike of BSU makes me pull for UGA. I live in Colorado (which has no decent cfb team outside of the Air Force Academy), so the band-wagoners love BSU.

Okie35
8/29/2011, 04:16 PM
Pretty much this. Their QB is pretty good and kind of underrated.

My wife and her family are all Dawg fans. They think it is going to be a tough game, but that the Dawgs should come out on top. I'm not that sure... It is in the Dome and the Dawgs usually play well there and it will definitely be their home crowd. If the Crowell kid is all he's cracked up to be and the Dawgs can run the ball they will win.

Dont forget that the year before Boise beat us, UGA put them into the ground in Athens (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=252460061).

Yea thats when Peterson was only the OC though.

rekamrettuB
8/29/2011, 04:20 PM

Is this game in Athens or in Atlanta at the GDome? I thought I heard it was at the GDome. If so, then he should say "we'll play anybody, anywhere...as long as it's either on the Blue Turf or a neutral field as the 1st game of the season".

OUInformant
8/29/2011, 04:22 PM
Me either. I don't think a diehard can ever be.

As much as I want Georgia to win this game, I think Boise is going to be pretty good this year, and I think we (OU) will play Wisconsin or them in the national title game this year.

Okie35
8/29/2011, 04:24 PM
Its at the Georgia Dome. I may be wrong but I think its Georgia that wanted to play there initially. The same w/ VT at the Redskins stadium last year. There was also more $$$ involved at having it both places. Chick-fil-A is the sponsor and Georgia gets more money than Boise State. Georgia was originally supposed to play Louisville (instead of Boise State) but that game got moved to 2012.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/29/2011, 04:27 PM
As much as I gag on the SEC lovefest, the personal dislike of BSU makes me pull for UGA. I live in Colorado (which has no decent cfb team outside of the Air Force Academy), so the band-wagoners love BSU.

Familiarity breeds comtempt. Screw the sec! Go bsu!

BoulderSooner79
8/29/2011, 04:29 PM
I'm totally over that ancient history, but I wouldn't mind playing BSU for all the marbles. Of course, I wouldn't mind us playing anyone for the title (though I'd prefer NOT-LSU).

But it's hard to call this game. BSU has gotten to be a "brand" school and will thus gets high preseason rankings. Not sure they are that good this year because they did lose quite a few starters. UGA has recruited well the last couple of years, but has really turned into under achievers and the coaching staff is still there. I'd say this is a good drink-beer-and-be-entertained game.

salth2o
8/29/2011, 04:34 PM
I loathe Boise State. I would cheer for Notre Dame before cheering for those bastages.

Go Dawgs!

hawaii 5-0
8/29/2011, 04:34 PM
Te**** also stole Boise's Offensive Coordinator. Kellen Moore is an excellent QB for the Boise team. Should be a good one.

5-0

Statalyzer
8/29/2011, 04:37 PM

I think the issue is that not many people want to play Boise because they consider it a lose-lose situation.

So, does the same old Boise team, that seems to get up for the big games (minus Nevada) show up, or do the Bulldogs make the SEC proud?

Except for the kicker, I think they got up for the Nevada game. I don't really think Boise "gets up for big games", they just play well in those games because they are good enough to do so. This should be a down year for them though, they lost a lot of talent. I still think Georgia loses though.

SoonerNomad
8/29/2011, 04:42 PM
I don't hate Boise State, but I look at all national championship scenarios, and Boise State's becomes easier than any leigitimate candidate if they are able to win in the Georgia Dome. I want them to lose. I don't think they are as good or have been as good as the gaudy record over the last decade indicates.

This is actually a perfect opening game for Boise. Just like Virginia Tech last year, Georgia has enough talent and enough of a reputation that a win of any kind will make Boise look more legit to the people unwilling to count the cupcakes on the rest of the schedule. (I do believe they will be playing a little tougher schedule in the MWC than they did in the WAC, but without BYU and Utah in the conference, the MWC is not as good as it has been).

I also think it will be an impressive win because it is in Georgia, even thought it is not between the hedges. But I don't want to see it. National championship contenders need to lose. Boise has the easiest road to being undefeated of all the national title contenders. They need to lose.

8timechamps
8/29/2011, 04:44 PM
I think the issue is that not many people want to play Boise because they consider it a lose-lose situation.

True, I doubt many teams want to take the risk in this BCS era. Plus, can't imagine many teams wanting to go home and home with them.

Except for the kicker, I think they got up for the Nevada game. I don't really think Boise "gets up for big games", they just play well in those games because they are good enough to do so. This should be a down year for them though, they lost a lot of talent. I still think Georgia loses though.

I don't know, given how Boise had dismantled teams most of the year (albeit poor competition), I thought they really let down in that game. But, in the end, it was the kicker that missed. Boise did lose a lot of talent (major losses at WR), so we'll see how good they are Saturday.

Okie35
8/29/2011, 04:48 PM
I don't hate Boise State, but I look at all national championship scenarios, and Boise State's becomes easier than any leigitimate candidate if they are able to win in the Georgia Dome. I want them to lose. I don't think they are as good or have been as good as the gaudy record over the last decade indicates.

This is actually a perfect opening game for Boise. Just like Virginia Tech last year, Georgia has enough talent and enough of a reputation that a win of any kind will make Boise look more legit to the people unwilling to count the cupcakes on the rest of the schedule. (I do believe they will be playing a little tougher schedule in the MWC than they did in the WAC, but without BYU and Utah in the conference, the MWC is not as good as it has been).

I also think it will be an impressive win because it is in Georgia, even thought it is not between the hedges. But I don't want to see it. National championship contenders need to lose. Boise has the easiest road to being undefeated of all the national title contenders. They need to lose.

They don't really need to lose. What if we win out? I'd sure as hell love to rematch Boise State and beat them.

Its not really lose-lose anymore now that Boise State has been ranked in the top 5 two years in a row.

Salt City Sooner
8/29/2011, 05:05 PM
Meh. I'm not overly upset about losing that game because quite frankly, we were lucky as heck to be in it in the first place. The one thing that that does tick me off is the whole David vs. Goliath crap that the media shouted at every turn. That was not the case with those 2 teams, period, & as for that "anytime, anywhere" stuff, both OU & Nebraska offered them 2 for 1's (& with this crackerbox stadium, they'd do well to realize that that's all they're going to get from the elite teams). Neither ever heard a peep back from BSU so that's a total crock. It amazes me (not really) that they were willing to accept a 2 for 1 from Michigan State though. :rolleyes:

8timechamps
8/29/2011, 05:15 PM
Maybe I'm just overly sensitive to that loss, but it makes me sick that they still show that Statue of Liberty play every damn year! And every year, I scream "holding"...

LVSOONER15
8/29/2011, 05:22 PM
I am pulling for the dawgs. I really hate all the boise hype.

BoulderSooner79
8/29/2011, 05:51 PM
They don't really need to lose. What if we win out? I'd sure as hell love to rematch Boise State and beat them.

Its not really lose-lose anymore now that Boise State has been ranked in the top 5 two years in a row.

Exactly and they deserved their ranking last season. Anyone who watched that Nevada game saw that BSU was the better team by a fair margin and let that one get away. But given the number of starters they lost, I would expect a drop-off this year. They also have the unknown of a new OC (if they *don't* drop-off, can we assume that the horns chose poorly? :D )