PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Getting Sam's Autograph on Thursday?

SunnySooner
8/29/2011, 12:10 PM
The Sams are playing the Jags here in J'ville on Thursday night, so we're gonna go watch OUr boy, and we'd LOVE for him to sign one of our OU footballs. It's still preseason, that's usually a little more laid back, but I've never tried to get an autograph before. Would it be better to try and catch him in warm-ups, halftime, after the game, ????? I thought I might wear my son's old #14 jersey to try to catch his attention, and the seats get pretty close to the field, so beyond just hanging around their sideline with a Sharpie, I'm clueless. Anybody had success with this before? I'll have my son with me, too, it's better if there's a kid looking pitiful, right? :eagerness:

swardboy
8/29/2011, 01:05 PM
The "Marry Me Bradford" sign did the trick last week.

hawaii 5-0
8/29/2011, 01:11 PM
Can you find where the team bus is and maybe catch him before he gets on after the game? I would think he's likely to be focusing on the game during warmups.
I'm really not an autograph hound, tho.
5-0

JLEW1818
8/29/2011, 01:59 PM
starters hardly play any in the 4th game of preseason. so your chances might be better.

then again Sam has a new OC ... so idk their plan

Bourbon St Sooner
8/29/2011, 02:09 PM
Will he even suit up for the last preseason game? I don't think he's going to have much else to do besides sign autographs.

nativesooner
8/29/2011, 03:12 PM
You can try during the game, but not sure if it'll work? If that doesn't work, I'd ask some of the security guys where the visitors come out after the game. Then just camp out by the doors and wait for him to come out. I'd also throw some crimson on both of you, and have your son yell "Boomer" when he comes out.