PDA

View Full Version : OU plane tracked to Columbia and College Station?

champions77
8/28/2011, 10:05 PM
A poster on the A&M Scout board posted that an OU plane was tracked from Norman, to Columbia, to Norman, to College Station, back to Norman, sometime in the last couple of days or so.

If anyone is proficient in looking this up to see if this is legit, many here would sure appreciate it.

SCOUT
8/28/2011, 10:11 PM
I am obviously not proficient, but I would like a definition of an OU plane.

okiegirl
8/28/2011, 10:17 PM
Maybe you want this link? http://flightaware.com/live/flight/OUA36/history/20110828/2300Z/KCLL/KOUN

delhalew
8/28/2011, 10:20 PM
Dunt Dut Duhhhhhh! Lol.

okiegirl
8/28/2011, 10:22 PM
a girl has to have FUN!!!

IndySooner
8/28/2011, 10:27 PM
OU trying to save the conference or working on our end of the mass exodus?

3rdgensooner
8/28/2011, 10:28 PM
Meh, planes gonna fly

soonervegas
8/28/2011, 10:42 PM
Definitely a "don't leave us alone with these egomaniacs" flight....

SoonerMom2
8/28/2011, 10:43 PM
Did I read it right that a plane flew in from Columbia,MO, and then a plane went to College Station, back to Norman, and now back to Columbia, MO?

What is OU and MO up to is the question? Note it did not go to Austin.

d.stOUgh
8/28/2011, 10:45 PM
Man-O-Man...

How i miss the Big Eight!

KABOOKIE
8/28/2011, 10:48 PM
That's just an e-bity baron. Probably some student getting some multi-engine time building. I doubt any OU athletic staff above jock-washer would travel in such a thing.

SoonerMom2
8/28/2011, 11:01 PM
A student getting flight time on a Sunday night? If was the AD, I would take this plane so no one would think anything about it versus the jet they use for Boren and the one Stoops and the players took to Big 12 media days.

kevpks
8/28/2011, 11:03 PM
I wish the plane was flying a "Texas: 5-7" banner just for the hell of it.

SoonerMom2
8/28/2011, 11:09 PM

That would be awesome!

okiegirl
8/28/2011, 11:21 PM
Did I read it right that a plane flew in from Columbia,MO, and then a plane went to College Station, back to Norman, and now back to Columbia, MO?

What is OU and MO up to is the question? Note it did not go to Austin.

The flight tracker shows it was the same plane, not two different ones...but it also shows on time line that it didn't stay long at either place. (If I read it right:))

SoonerMom2
8/28/2011, 11:43 PM
The flight tracker shows it was the same plane, not two different ones...but it also shows on time line that it didn't stay long at either place. (If I read it right:))

Thanks!

SoonerMom2
8/28/2011, 11:52 PM

The first plane on the tracker for today said plane unknown with a time of 37 minutes coming from MO. Since Blevins said on the air tonight that someone from OSU could have been on the plane, did they stop to pick him up coming from MO and then arriving at OU? The 37 minutes sounds more like a flight from Stillwater to Norman.

budbarrybob
8/29/2011, 12:59 AM

Winna!

picasso
8/29/2011, 08:16 AM
Probably flew to College Station to make sure the rumors were true. Then the other flights were just celebratory party stops.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2011, 12:18 PM
OU and Mizzou jump with aTm to the SEC!!! You heard it hear first!!! :D

champions77
8/29/2011, 01:44 PM
OU and Mizzou jump with aTm to the SEC!!! You heard it hear first!!! :D

Actually there was a post yesterday on the A&M Scout board that said he has it as VTech, OU, Mizzou and A&M. We will see.

BigTip
8/29/2011, 01:46 PM
Jeez guys.

Are you sure it wasn't a plane but a black helicopter instead?
http://forums.mycotopia.net/attachments/general-discussions/203974d1294132930-thousands-dead-birds-fish-arkasas-tinfoil-hat.jpg

JLEW1818
8/29/2011, 01:56 PM
FIRE VENABLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trwxxa
8/29/2011, 06:44 PM
Missouri's Chancellor is the President of the Big 12 and Boren is Secretary. They delivered the exit paperwork that A&M requested yesterday. The Big 12 president's requested a face to face meeting with Loftin on the Saturday call and this occurred.

Both sides have agreed that A&M is leaving and the Big 12 will not stand in the way. The initial number on the exit fee is $12MM. There is a mutual waiver of legal claims as well.

The "rumored" 14th team is Va. Tech.

The information is a condensed version from one of the A&M pay sites sent to me by my Aggie wife.

randall180
8/29/2011, 07:27 PM
"The information is a condensed version from one of the A&M pay sites sent to me by my Aggie wife."

I'm so sorry you have an aggie wife

trwxxa
8/29/2011, 07:34 PM
"The information is a condensed version from one of the A&M pay sites sent to me by my Aggie wife."

I'm so sorry you have an aggie wife

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Plus I had a great seat to watch the Sooners every two years.

TUCK FEXAS

aurorasooner
8/29/2011, 07:59 PM
Both sides have agreed that A&M is leaving and the Big 12 will not stand in the way. The initial number on the exit fee is $12MM. There is a mutual waiver of legal claims as well.
The Big 12 has responded to Texas A&M's request that it outline the requirements to exit the Big 12.

Texas A&M spokesman Jason Cook confirmed to the Dallas Morning News that the university had received the letter.

In a statement, university president R. Bowen Loftin implied that movement could come soon.

That movement will likely be accelerated after the Big 12's letter featured "mutual waivers of legal claims," freeing the university from any possible lawsuits stemming from an exit.

Loftin also said that he didn't plan on the university's "conference exploration" being prolonged.

A quick clarification on Texas A&M and "exit fees," which is money withheld from schools, not money paid to the Big 12:

League bylaws would require Texas A&M to forfeit 90 percent of its revenue from the 2010-11 and the 2011-12 school years. That number is estimated at around $28 million, but last year, league bylaws allowed the league to withhold more than $19 million from Nebraska upon its departure to the Big Ten.

The Huskers later settled with the Big 12, which withheld $9.255 million in revenue.

Texas A&M officials expressed optimism previously that a similar settlement may be reached with the league. Why is the Big 12 so "easy" to reduce these agreed upon & signed exit fees? It says we reduced the corn's exit fee by more than 10 mil & we're going to let the aggies leave for 16 mil less than they should owe. (28 mil minus the expected 12 mil they're going to pay). -- and especially if the league doesn't dissolve. If Mizzou & OU (along with VT) do jump to the SEC along with aTm, then I could see it. However, if Big 12 does somehow manage to survive, then I say "screw 'em" & make them pay through the nose, even if there is litigation.

kevpks
8/29/2011, 10:39 PM
Screw it. Let's just go independent, take over a TV station and call it the Sooner Network. I vote The Weather Channel. Oklahoma's on there regularly anyway.