PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to write a research paper?

afs
8/28/2011, 09:48 PM
Getting bored with my homework. 15 page paper discussing the current conflict in the South China Sea, US involvement, impact of US intelligence analysis on driving current foreign policy. Ultimately are the intelligence analysts focused on the right issues or is the analysis biased?

2 pages are currently done. Any takers?

olevetonahill
8/28/2011, 10:05 PM
Uh, In a word, NO

SanJoaquinSooner
8/28/2011, 10:09 PM
which two pages?

SCOUT
8/28/2011, 10:16 PM
Does it have to be any good?

olevetonahill
8/28/2011, 10:19 PM
Well Alright just to show Im willing to Help. Ill do the 2 pages that are done .

SanJoaquinSooner
8/28/2011, 11:23 PM
stoop troup will supply all the periods.

afs
8/28/2011, 11:54 PM
Does it have to be any good?

Nope. Online master's degree program - so long as the homework is turned in and the bills are paid, I get a good grade.

proud gonzo
8/29/2011, 12:27 AM
What's the deadline? How much are you willing to pay?

sooner59
8/29/2011, 12:49 AM
Everything is negotiable.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2011, 12:21 PM
If you can write 15 pages of its all about oil, then your golden...

Chuck Bao
8/29/2011, 12:44 PM
I could actually do a very good job at it since I have studied the Vietnam offshore drilling concessions and contracts. Vietnam still needs to develop more of its infrastructure with pipelines and petrochemical/refinery base to feed its own growing demand. China's claim on the Spratly Island on historic grounds is like the Vikings claiming Northern Europe and parts of Northeast coast of the US. US foreign policy should be to tell China to STFU and settle down.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/29/2011, 02:21 PM
Chuck, agreed. China's policy is like that of the Japanese prior to WWII. China is so resource hungry, if they think they can bully it , then they will. I doubt they want an international incident, but if you don't resist, consider it China's. Vietnam actually is beginning to grow a pair. Now we will see if the Phillipines has the stomach to stand up to China...

Oh, and I doubt if we tell China anything, they hold too much of our debt.

So afs, has this helped?

GDC
8/29/2011, 03:14 PM
That's what Wolfram Alpha is for.

jumperstop
8/29/2011, 03:20 PM
Not my area of expertise, but 15 pages is like a one night type of thing for me. Those were like weekly assignments back when I was in school.

BigTip
8/29/2011, 03:34 PM

That is exactly why we can tell them what to do.

Say I owe you $10. Then you make me mad. What do I do? I say, "Screw you. Try and get it now."

afs
8/29/2011, 07:59 PM
Chuck, agreed. China's policy is like that of the Japanese prior to WWII. China is so resource hungry, if they think they can bully it , then they will. I doubt they want an international incident, but if you don't resist, consider it China's. Vietnam actually is beginning to grow a pair. Now we will see if the Phillipines has the stomach to stand up to China...

So afs, has this helped?

Yep. Thanks. Anyone know how tom cite sooner fans.com?

yermom
8/29/2011, 08:24 PM
AP or MLS? :D

yermom
8/29/2011, 08:25 PM
i don't think i like the new smileys.

afs
8/29/2011, 08:28 PM
Chicago.

The new smileys are what Star Wars Ep I,II,III are to the originals.

afs
8/29/2011, 08:39 PM
Not my area of expertise, but 15 pages is like a one night type of thing for me. Those were like weekly assignments back when I was in school.

Yep - writing 10-15 pages every month for the next 6 months. That's why "I'm getting bored" and am soliciting a third party.

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2011, 10:01 PM
Yep. Thanks. Anyone know how tom cite sooner fans.com?

afs, "Anyone want to write a research paper?" available at http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?158039-Anyone-want-to-write-a-research-paper (retrieved 10:00pm 8/29/2011).

Bluebook Rule 19, bitches.

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2011, 10:02 PM
Also, there are several research projects from this summer I would have gladly traded. All done now, though. Thanks.

proud gonzo
8/29/2011, 10:35 PM
i don't think i like the new smileys. yeah, i want the old smileys back... they shoudl be universal everywhere. I find myself typing :D on facebook, and I'm always disappointed when the proper smiley doesn't show up.

i mean, if we can add Bri's ugly mug to the list, can't we add the old smileys?

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2011, 10:38 PM
I was a research paper writing machine back in the day. I did it for a little extra cash at one point in college. I did it in HS for some rather attractive girls in the hope they'd repay me by taking off my pants, but alas the best I got was a cheesecake.

KantoSooner
8/30/2011, 07:25 AM
Do the oil deal. Then put Chinese territorial claims into the blender. Next, add a bit of 'clash of civilizations' stuff about Malay v. China. A reference to the Mongol's abortive attempt to invade Indonesia might be a nice touch. Hurl in an excited slam on European/American colonialism/neo-colonialism to satisfy the inevitable professorial leftist slant. If you want to really push the boat out, do a short rif on the risk to China of becoming yesterday's news economically without ever really having had a golden era and the concomitant rise of SE Asia as an economic pole (if you want, you can add a Casandra-esque comment about the coming collapse of the Chinese banking system and posit a China as schlerotic as Japan is today). Then, for extra credit, comment on the lack of a commitment to Rule of Law in China and make a fine academic barb at the irony of this in light of the historial inflence of Han Fei Tsu and the Chinese Legalist school of philiosophy.

That should give you 15 pages, no problem. And you'll confuse your prof to the point where he'll just give you your A to be done with your ranting.

Chuck Bao
8/30/2011, 11:36 AM
Do the oil deal. Then put Chinese territorial claims into the blender. Next, add a bit of 'clash of civilizations' stuff about Malay v. China. A reference to the Mongol's abortive attempt to invade Indonesia might be a nice touch. Hurl in an excited slam on European/American colonialism/neo-colonialism to satisfy the inevitable professorial leftist slant. If you want to really push the boat out, do a short rif on the risk to China of becoming yesterday's news economically without ever really having had a golden era and the concomitant rise of SE Asia as an economic pole (if you want, you can add a Casandra-esque comment about the coming collapse of the Chinese banking system and posit a China as schlerotic as Japan is today). Then, for extra credit, comment on the lack of a commitment to Rule of Law in China and make a fine academic barb at the irony of this in light of the historial inflence of Han Fei Tsu and the Chinese Legalist school of philiosophy.

That should give you 15 pages, no problem. And you'll confuse your prof to the point where he'll just give you your A to be done with your ranting.

Ha! Well played.

badger
8/30/2011, 03:10 PM
If you discuss the current disputes regarding natural resources in water space along Asian borders, that should eat up a few more pages.

If you also discuss past disputes between North Korea and anyone else (like the downed South Korea ship) that might also take up another page.

The fact that China is building up their Navy is cause for concern not just in the Asia countries, but the U.S. also.

Chuck Bao
8/30/2011, 06:57 PM
If you discuss the current disputes regarding natural resources in water space along Asian borders, that should eat up a few more pages.

If you also discuss past disputes between North Korea and anyone else (like the downed South Korea ship) that might also take up another page.

The fact that China is building up their Navy is cause for concern not just in the Asia countries, but the U.S. also.

I could even go into the table tennis diplomacy that paved the way for normalized relations between China and the US and Nixon's visit. My old boss, Anand Panyarachun, who was the Thai ambassador to Washington at the time brokered the deal.

I often wonder if Vietnam is unhappy that they won that war and didn't sell out first to the Chinese and later to Soviet Union. I think many of the newer generation would be happier being closer to America. And China is the traditional all round bad guy as they have been throughout historyl

jumperstop
8/30/2011, 07:11 PM
I was a research paper writing machine back in the day. I did it for a little extra cash at one point in college. I did it in HS for some rather attractive girls in the hope they'd repay me by taking off my pants, but alas the best I got was a cheesecake.

Cheesecake is almost as good as sex. I can easily say that now but back in high school I would have wanted the sex...

afs
8/30/2011, 08:48 PM
It's done, no more discussing necessary for this week. Topics were: Recent history, including US/China verbal exchanges, historical claims to the South China Sea, Natural Resource exploitation, a fairly substantial discussion on the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, military exchanges over the past 30 years, opinions on the US role in the South China Sea conflict and what pitfalls US intel analysts should avoid when producing reports for national decisions.

Next weeks topic: The Iran-Contra affair and US policy on Covert Actions.

KantoSooner
9/1/2011, 04:46 PM
On covert action just go heavy Helms and you'll earn yourself the eternal eye of terror from your prof.
Richard Helms scared those who didn't like covert action.