PDA

View Full Version : Toughest places to play FB in Big 12

nighttrain12
8/28/2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/listgallery?gid=10344&gf

I'm not sure I agree with their choice of #1, I would pick A&M but compliments are always good!

Illuminati
8/28/2011, 01:12 PM
I would put Faurot Field over Boone Pickens

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2011, 01:31 PM
OU has only lost 2 home games in the last decade. I'd say that makes it a pretty tough place to play. You just don't understand because you've never had to play in Norman as the opposing team. ;)

sooner59
8/28/2011, 01:55 PM
It said "toughest" place to play, not loudest, most raucous, ect.

IlliniJ
8/28/2011, 02:00 PM
Without A&M (and with Nebraska & Colorado gone), I'd say: #1: OU, #2: Texas, #3-#9: They're all high school-caliber venues.

texas bandman
8/28/2011, 02:25 PM
I'd say Tech is a hard place to play, But everybody but the Sooners win there. What's up with that?

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 02:38 PM
Without A&M (and with Nebraska & Colorado gone), I'd say: #1: OU, #2: Texas, #3-#9: They're all high school-caliber venues.

Do the Illini even have a winning home record?

Mike Stoops
8/28/2011, 03:08 PM
Owen Field is the graveyard for opposing teams. I can't wait until we give those Aggies an old fashioned, Sooner ***-whippin' on their way out the door.

thecrimsoncrusader
8/28/2011, 03:27 PM
I'd say Tech is a hard place to play, But everybody but the Sooners win there. What's up with that?

Hm, it probably has to do with Coach Stoops 2 worst teams for the 2005 and 2009 seasons and losing Sam Bradford for 85% of the game in the 2007 season. And let's not forget that in the 2005 season, Texas Tech was awarded a game winning touchdown despite being a FULL YARD short of the end-zone. Not to mention Clint Ingram picking off a pass on Texas Tech's final drive that the Lubbock based officials made yet another dishonest call on. Oklahoma doesn't have any troubles winning in Lubbock.

Sooner_Tuf
8/28/2011, 03:37 PM
Do the Illini even have a winning home record?

They have a slightly better record than the pokes. They had some pretty good years in the teens. They are like 23/67 with Michigan and not much better against Ohio State. They wear orange what do you expect?

They are probably Princeton on the Lake.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 03:42 PM
They have a slightly better record than the pokes. They had some pretty good years in the teens. They are like 23/67 with Michigan and not much better against Ohio State. They wear orange what do you expect?

They are probably Princeton on the Lake.

So that's why IlliniJ is bringing weak conference smack. He knows that his program sucks, and they would be a bottom tier team in any major BCS conference. I'm not even sure they could win the Conference USA title. TU does have a better winning percentage, and UCF would just destroy them.

sendbaht
8/28/2011, 05:17 PM
YA baby!! OU number 1 again...

IlliniJ
8/28/2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah Wishboned, it really sucks being in the best major mix of athletics and academics conference in the country, which also shares in a multi-billion dollar research fund with the U of Chicago. I love OU, but believe me that they could never get in such a conference due to several reasons.

In terms of traveling this year, enjoy going to thriving metropolises with such well-regarded academics that make up your "peer institutions" such as Manhattan, KS, Stillwater, OK, Waco, TX, and Lawrence, KS, while our peers are other nationally regarded top 50 schools like Michigan, Ohio State, University of Wisconsin, Northwestern, Penn State, etc.

Do you seriously want to compare either the academics or the athletics between these two conferences??? One has all of their games on national TV, huge endowments, unbelievably successful alumni, etc, while the other conference can't be seen outside of a four state radius, has graduates that are far less successful, is completely irrelevant nationally, and can't even keep the top of their mediocre crop of institutions to stay.

I'm going to lay off these forums for awhile, as this is getting my blood pressure up, and I regard OU higher than you and most of the other posters...

IlliniJ
8/28/2011, 06:29 PM
Keep crossing your fingers and rooting heavily for Texas to bring in SMU, Houston, or UTEP to the conference. If you say that that is an accomplishment and that they are equals to OU, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Have fun with that!

hawaii 5-0
8/28/2011, 06:32 PM
Growing up, my backyard was a pretty tough place to play football. Lots of older kids that were bigger. I'm glad I drank my milk and ate Wonderbread.

5-0

Sooner_Tuf
8/28/2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah we can't compete with couch burning ghettos you got but I don't think we are trying.

You should try to find the academic board to talk smack about research dollars. It's football season and you got nothing. It look like the strongest team in the B1g was a middle tier team in the Big 12 last year. You would think being located in those super populated states you would have more good athletes. Must be all the butter, cheese, and flab.

Enjoy your slo mo games this year and every year!

silverwheels
8/28/2011, 06:44 PM
Keep crossing your fingers and rooting heavily for Texas to bring in SMU, Houston, or UTEP to the conference. If you say that that is an accomplishment and that they are equals to OU, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Have fun with that!

You're an idiot who has no idea what is going on. Have fun with that!

Mike Stoops
8/28/2011, 06:54 PM
I love it when these butthurt yankees start talking smack about academics because their football team sucks. I call it the Notre Dame effect. "We're about more than football, we do research." Bwwwwwahhhhhhh!!!!!

SoonerinSouthlake
8/28/2011, 06:55 PM

seem this board usually welcomes the objective fan from opposing schools....

also seems d-wads who just want to throw stupid statements around get thrown off the welcome wagon pretty quick.

CBUS_SOONER
8/28/2011, 07:02 PM
I have been in the Shoe and big house for big games... Neither very loud

hawaii 5-0
8/28/2011, 07:18 PM
Camp Randall is loud, folks. 1/3 of their stadium (the student section) jumping and yelling the whole game. Lots of nasty yells, too. They've got intra-game abuse down to an art.

They can also make the Wave stop and reverse on a dime.

5-0

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah Wishboned, it really sucks being in the best major mix of athletics and academics conference in the country, which also shares in a multi-billion dollar research fund with the U of Chicago. I love OU, but believe me that they could never get in such a conference due to several reasons.

In terms of traveling this year, enjoy going to thriving metropolises with such well-regarded academics that make up your "peer institutions" such as Manhattan, KS, Stillwater, OK, Waco, TX, and Lawrence, KS, while our peers are other nationally regarded top 50 schools like Michigan, Ohio State, University of Wisconsin, Northwestern, Penn State, etc.

Do you seriously want to compare either the academics or the athletics between these two conferences??? One has all of their games on national TV, huge endowments, unbelievably successful alumni, etc, while the other conference can't be seen outside of a four state radius, has graduates that are far less successful, is completely irrelevant nationally, and can't even keep the top of their mediocre crop of institutions to stay.

I'm going to lay off these forums for awhile, as this is getting my blood pressure up, and I regard OU higher than you and most of the other posters...

You're like the OSU of the Big 10. You have a serious little brother complex. You can't talk about your school's accomplishments. You can't talk about your team's win/loss record. You have to talk about the record of the conference you're in. Conference smack is very weak. And the Big 10 smack talk is the weakest.

And take a look at the top 10 highest rated college football games on television last season. Not a Big 10 game in the bunch (Nebraska was in the Big 12 at the time):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/TheRainKing/myspace/2010-cfb-tv-ratings3.png

hawaii 5-0
8/28/2011, 07:33 PM
Maybe I should be watching CBS more.

I'm glad FoxSportsWest covers a lot of Sooner Games. Carry on......

5-0

BigTip
8/28/2011, 07:43 PM

Refs

stoopified
8/29/2011, 09:35 AM
OU has only lost 2 home games in the last decade. I'd say that makes it a pretty tough place to play. You just don't understand because you've never had to play in Norman as the opposing team. ;)exactly

Bourbon St Sooner
8/29/2011, 09:40 AM

If it's so great up there, why are people leaving those states in droves?

fwsooner22
8/29/2011, 09:50 AM
Big 10 is so great that the Big 12 spinoff (Nebraksa) is the pre-season favorite there in their first year.

Anybody believe Nebraska woulda left the Big 12 if they had won it 7 times. No way. They left because they couldn't win. It will be a piece of cake in the land of pollution and dying economies.