PDA

View Full Version : ESPN REPORTS atm out of Big 12

swardboy
8/27/2011, 07:14 PM
Announcing in the next week....reported to espn by ap.

OK OK...I put it in the realignment thread to end all threads above....

OU_Sooners75
8/27/2011, 07:31 PM
They also reported this like 2 weeks ago.

Sooner95
8/27/2011, 07:45 PM
dude, they are gone.. no doubt in my mind at this point.

SicEmBaylor
8/27/2011, 07:45 PM
Good. The army of Maroon clad morons can GTFO. Right now. Go. Get out.

SicEmBaylor
8/27/2011, 07:59 PM
Adios MoFo's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgg1wuXXe8k

MR2-Sooner86
8/27/2011, 08:01 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kz0kax0Djj1qalbabo1_400.gif

Sooner5030
8/27/2011, 08:07 PM
gawd I hope this doesn't start a "superconference" race. I would rather have smaller conferences with more OOC games.

Sabanball
8/27/2011, 08:29 PM
The first domino falls. I said over a month ago here that this was going to happen, and that it was a matter of just when and not if. Looks like TAMU is going to give the perfunctory 1 yr 'notice' and announce the move this week.

Even though I think the 'OU to SEC' ship has sailed, I DO think you guys will ultimately land in a PAC 12-16 setup. I just don't see the Big 12 surviving in the long term.

Get ready for a lot of road trips to Arizona, Cali, and the Pacific Northwest.:unconscious:

Whether we like it or not, we are headed toward super conferences and tv networks/ contracts are driving the train.

Sooner95
8/27/2011, 08:30 PM
I think that is where we are heading..it's what the almighty $$$ will command. If you not in a Conf larger than 12, then you're nothing..

OU_Sooners75
8/27/2011, 08:32 PM
Well, you know you have a serious complex if you cite Texas as your reasoning to leaving the conference.

OU_Sooners75
8/27/2011, 08:33 PM
dude, they are gone.. no doubt in my mind at this point.

And I hope they do go. And if they dont, I hope the Big 12 says get the **** out! We dont want you anymore!

StoopTroup
8/27/2011, 09:05 PM
If you never had the chance to see OU play them at Kyle Field.....you missed the creepiest moment of your life IMO.

Houston is a cool City to visit as you can quickly get on a boat or a Plane and leave the State of Texas quickly.

College Station is just very creepy. We ate at the Dixie Chicken and had a few beers. The Cadets were pretty nice but it was weird watching them go to the bathroom holding hands. Maybe it had something to do with crossing swords.

SoonerMom2
8/27/2011, 09:08 PM
On the Oklahoman site the AP is expecting A&M to leave as well plus the article said that SMU has been having talking with the Big 12 -- they have been looking to get into a BCS conference since they were left behind. They play Texas as the first game. http://newsok.com/ap-source-texas-am-could-leave-for-sec-within-next-week/article/3598993?custom_click=headlines_widget

IlliniJ
8/27/2011, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure how well A&M fits into the SEC (it'll be weird to see opposing teams faces when they see a stadium filled with cadets and male cheerleaders), but congrats to them for getting out and improving their position considerably. They will certainly be in for a shock playing in front of 100,000+ people in national games every week (especially compared to playing in such Podunk places in the Horns and their Little 8), and their recruiting should receive a huge boost.

With Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M all bettering themselves, it'll be interesting to see who Texas puts in what is left of the conference. Giving another small-time Texas school like SMU, Houston, etc is probably the safest bet, as it allows Baylor and Texas Tech to have more smaller in-state schools to compete with, and appeases the Texas legislature.

OU_Sooners75
8/27/2011, 10:05 PM
How exactly have they improved their position?

If they go the only thing they are improving is their pockets. Because they are going to be down with Arkansas in the SEC!

And contrary to what you and a lot of other people believe, it is not up to Texas who gets into the conference. They really do not run the conference, though it seems that way.

The big 12 needs to get rid of Bebee, then we do not need to add any more texas schools!

Widescreen
8/27/2011, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure how well A&M fits into the SEC (it'll be weird to see opposing teams faces when they see a stadium filled with cadets and male cheerleaders), but congrats to them for getting out and improving their position considerably. They will certainly be in for a shock playing in front of 100,000+ people in national games every week (especially compared to playing in such Podunk places in the Horns and their Little 8), and their recruiting should receive a huge boost.

With Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M all bettering themselves, it'll be interesting to see who Texas puts in what is left of the conference. Giving another small-time Texas school like SMU, Houston, etc is probably the safest bet, as it allows Baylor and Texas Tech to have more smaller in-state schools to compete with, and appeases the Texas legislature.
So aTm is going to play Bama and Tennessee every week? You need to get off your 100,000 seat stadium infatuation because you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Sabanball
8/27/2011, 11:01 PM
So aTm is going to play Bama and Tennessee every week? You need to get off your 100,000 seat stadium infatuation because you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Georgia, LSU, and Florida have 90,000+ stadiums as well. Auburn, South Carolina, and Arky each hold more than 80,000. If that is the criteria, then TAMU is definitely making an upward move....

SoonerMarkVA
8/27/2011, 11:03 PM
Well, if true, I guess it opens up a clear path to going to the Pac 16 when the Dead Conference Walking does ultimately implode: OU, ut, TT, and OSU (even though I would personally rather KU than either of TT or OSU). Be no haggling with freaky ags. Makes an eastern region of those 4 plus CU, Utah (not thrilling), UA, and ASU. Overall, not a bad yearly slate to play.

Then again, the LHN may eff the whole thing up.

silverwheels
8/27/2011, 11:04 PM
SMU adds nothing to the conference, even if you look at it from UT's point of view. BYU is the first target the Big 12 actually has a shot at getting (ND and Arkansas will obviously say no), and there are rumors they would accept.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2011, 12:09 AM
Well, with BYU coming aboard we'll just be exchanging one cult for another (I kid Hubler...I kid!).

SoonerofAlabama
8/28/2011, 12:16 AM
The first domino falls. I said over a month ago here that this was going to happen, and that it was a matter of just when and not if. Looks like TAMU is going to give the perfunctory 1 yr 'notice' and announce the move this week.

Even though I think the 'OU to SEC' ship has sailed, I DO think you guys will ultimately land in a PAC 12-16 setup. I just don't see the Big 12 surviving in the long term.

Get ready for a lot of road trips to Arizona, Cali, and the Pacific Northwest.:unconscious:

Whether we like it or not, we are headed toward super conferences and tv networks/ contracts are driving the train.

Third.

En_Fuego
8/28/2011, 12:24 AM
MBfYQOSSPqc

oudavid1
8/28/2011, 01:25 AM
I bet A&M stays. And I dont have any source on this one. :D

General Applewhite
8/28/2011, 07:13 AM
The Big 12 will add ND, BYU & Pitt. Everything is kosher - we'll all be much better off.

XingTheRubicon
8/28/2011, 08:10 AM
Notre Dame will play a conference game in Manhattan, KS when my **** turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet.

fossil
8/28/2011, 08:33 AM
Georgia, LSU, and Florida have 90,000+ stadiums as well. Auburn, South Carolina, and Arky each hold more than 80,000. If that is the criteria, then TAMU is definitely making an upward move....

I've looked this over carefully. I'll be dayumed if I can see a single 100,000+ seat stadium listed. You bammer fans do the same thing with your national championships.

olevetonahill
8/28/2011, 08:53 AM
Said before Ill say it again .
Every B12 team should CANCEL their game with A&M this year and schedule in some sisters of the blind type school. Then tell a&m to get ****ing lost.

BudSooner
8/28/2011, 09:11 AM
I've looked this over carefully. I'll be dayumed if I can see a single 100,000+ seat stadium listed. You bammer fans do the same thing with your national championships.
Here you are....100,011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neyland_Stadium

Neyland Stadium is a sports stadium in Knoxville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neyland_Stadium), Tennessee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee). It serves primarily as the home of the Tennessee Volunteers football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Volunteers_football) team, but is also used to host large conventions and has been a site for several NFL exhibition games with the last between the Washington Redskins and Houston Oilers during the Oilers transition to Nashville in 1998. After 79 years and 16 expansion projects, Neyland Stadium peaked at an official maximum capacity of 104,079 seats. Capacity was reduced to 102,037 with the addition of the new East Club seats in 2006. Due to the addition of the new West Club seats in 2009, the capacity was lowered to 100,011[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neyland_Stadium#cite_note-2). In 2010, the Tennessee Terrace was added raising stadium capacity to 102,455 people. This makes it the third largest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_football_stadiums_by_capacity) non-racing stadium in the United States and the sixth largest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stadiums_by_capacity) non-racing stadium in the world.

3rdgensooner
8/28/2011, 09:12 AM
Every B12 team should CANCEL their game with A&M this year and schedule in some sisters of the blind type school. Then tell a&m to get ****ing lost.
I'd rather:
Beat A&M by 77 during first three quarters. Spend the entire 4th quarter with a running clock. Owen Field serenades the losers with "S-E-C" chants. Life is good.

olevetonahill
8/28/2011, 09:17 AM
I'd rather:

Even beating the Hell out of em they still get some B12 money
screw em dont let em get a dime.

badger
8/28/2011, 09:21 AM
Good. As in good riddance, as in good bye, as in good grief. Just... go, stupid aggies. Stop hogging the attention that you'd only get if your football team was as good as us or Bammer.

oumartin
8/28/2011, 09:46 AM
Maybe A&M just wants to be able to pay recruits and get away with it.. What better place than the SEC

Sabanball
8/28/2011, 10:15 AM

Well, I guess you're damned to hell then, because both Alabama and Tennessee's stadiums have capacities of over 100,000.

Look it up if you dont believe....The SEC leads in attendance every year, that's no secret.

Now, all at once, let's do the "SEC" chant...;-)

Widescreen
8/28/2011, 10:49 AM
Well, I guess you're damned to hell then, because both Alabama and Tennessee's stadiums have capacities of over 100,000.

Look it up if you dont believe....The SEC leads in attendance every year, that's no secret.

Now, all at once, let's do the "SEC" chant...;-)
Those weren't stadiums you listed, so he was right. you seem to be of the same mindset that IlliniJ has that somehow large stadium size equals great football.

Sabanball
8/28/2011, 11:07 AM
Those weren't stadiums you listed, so he was right. you seem to be of the same mindset that IlliniJ has that somehow large stadium size equals great football.

You're missing his point--TAMU will play in front of substantially bigger crowds week in and week out--however I disagree with him that they will somehow be intimidated by that. Everyone knows that you guys, TAMU, and Texas can pack your house with over 80,000 fans, but let's be honest, outside of that, name me a large venue in the Big 12? For as seriously as they both claim to take football, Mizzou and Okie State especially are disappointing to me, and I 've been to both. Hell, Hoover High School in Bham has better facilities than Mizzou does.

But, we are arguing semantics and splitting hairs talking about stuff like this--at this point, none of this matters. Whether we agree with it or not, TAMU IS coming to the SEC. They certainly weren't my first choice, I'd much rather had Oklahoma.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 11:38 AM
The average stadium capacity of the SEC is only around 8,000 more than the average stadium capacity in the Big 12.

delhalew
8/28/2011, 12:08 PM
The Big 12 will add ND, BYU & Pitt. Everything is kosher - we'll all be much better off.
How ****ing high are you?

8timechamps
8/28/2011, 12:13 PM
The Big XII began to die a slow death with NU and CU bolted. If Bebee would have been proactive enough to keep them in, or even add teams upon their departure, the Big XII might have had a shot at survival.

As is stands, I just can't see the Big XII lasting as a 9 team conference sandwiched between the PAC 12 and the SEC. I don't know about you guys, but I just don't see adding SMU and/or Houston as a viable way to keep the Big XII among the power conferences. BYU would help, but I'd think we would need to add at least one other solid program (ND would do it, but I have a better chance of signing as the oldest rookie in the NFL then Bebee has of bringing in ND).

I guess, in the end, a move to the PAC 12 would make the most sense. Looks like the days of the super-conferences are just around the corner....just don't know if it's a good or bad thing for the fans.

IlliniJ
8/28/2011, 12:15 PM
That's not even close to right Wishboned, and does not include Nebraska and A&M's departure (as well as overall actual attendance figures). At this point only the Longhorns and the Sooners are the only ones left to even draw above 60K. The B10 has three teams that average over 100,000K+ apiece, and the SEC has nine (soon to be ten) of the top 30 teams in national average attendance. And we don't even have to talk about ratings/national interest/gameday experiences/facilities in the Bevo and The Little 8 compared to the B10 or SEC.

Seven of the nine teams left in the Bevo and The Little 8 could not play in any other conference in America (or at least the B10, Pac12, and SEC) on their own. Mizzou would give anything to better themselves, but is unable to do so, while the other six are pretty much all laughable.

NorthernIowaSooner
8/28/2011, 12:59 PM
I don't think playing in large stadiums means a dang thing to recruits. Who cares if the team you're playing can fill their stadium? Do kids come here because A&M will sell out their games if we visit there? No. Hell, the reason we play in full road stadiums is because fans come to see if they can catch an upset. The only attendance that recruits would likely care about is home attendance.

I would also argue that it won't be that great for recruiting. I think the DOK already made some points as to why they think it wouldn't improve for them as well. A&M isn't going to pull guys out of FLA,GA, or AL to come play a long way from home to a school that plays mediocre football. Miss St or Georgia could fulfill that want closer to home. They would also be inviting these teams into Texas, more then they are already a presence in Texas. They can tell kids at some point you will play in Texas. I think they will lose more Texas kids to other SEC schools then they will gain due to being in the SEC.

A&M won't be anymore of a powerhouse in the SEC than they are in the BIG XII. Personally I hope they choose to leave, the BIG XII gives them no revenue for the year, and then the SEC still doesn't want them. Then they beg to come back, go to a lesser conference or go independent, which they could never sustain.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 01:08 PM
After re-checking my figures the average capacity is only around 12,000 more.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/28/2011, 01:14 PM

Absolutely not. I want to give them an all time *** kickin' out the door. nebbish we gave a respectful boot out the door. Hell we even let them get up 17 to make them think they had a chance. There shall be no such quarter given to aggie.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 01:35 PM
IlliniJ why are you sucking so hard on the SEC's ****? Your team only sold out one home game last year. One. Your average attendance was barely above 54,000.

PrideTrombone
8/28/2011, 01:50 PM
I'm confused as to why an Illini fan is talking as if he knows anything about college football.

IlliniJ
8/28/2011, 01:53 PM
Wishboned, as for the Illini, if memory serves me correct we beat the mess out of Baylor in Texas just eight months ago (after having lost three of our last four, including a home loss to Minnesota). If we could play in what is left of the B12-2-1, we would be a perennial 10 win team. Also, our attendance would make us the 4th best in the Bevo and The Little 8 when you take away Nebraska and A&M (just behind Mizzou).

Here were the 2009 attendance figures:
Texas... 101,175
Nebraska... 85,888
Oklahoma... 84,778
Texas A&M... 76,800
Missouri... 64,120
Oklahoma State... 53,719
Kansas... 50,581
Texas Tech... 50,249
Colorado... 50,088
Kansas State... 46,763
Iowa State... 46,242
Baylor... 36,306

When you take out the three teams that have left/are leaving for greener pastures and then divide by 9, you're drawing over 20000 less per game than both the B10 and the SEC. That's not cherrypicking data like you were, that's just the facts as they currently stand. Also, if you remove Texas and OU, the remaining seven teams average less than 50K per game annually.

You may say that recruits don't care about playing in bigger games, don't care about playing in crowded stadiums, don't care about facilities, and don't care about national exposure, but I would simply beg to differ from my personal experience.

NorthernIowaSooner
8/28/2011, 02:06 PM
Wishboned, as for the Illini, if memory serves me correct we beat the mess out of Baylor in Texas just eight months ago (after having lost three of our last four, including a home loss to Minnesota).

People don't typically brag about beating Baylor. Especially while stating you lost to Minnesota at home.

I'm not saying kids don't care about big games, I'm saying they don't care how full Illinois' stadium is when they play there. Kids don't go to Michigan thinking, "Well Illinois' stadium will be full when we play there, that's so awesome!" No they're thinking I'm going to play at the Big House and it's going to be packed. Same applies here and in the SEC, playing in full stadiums is nice on the road for atmosphere's sake but recruits simply won't care. They want full home stadiums.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 02:07 PM
You still only sold out one game last year. One. Your average attendance was 54,188. The Illini are a drain on the Big 10. Just think if you had a real team they might be a credit to their conference instead of an embarrassment.

Only one sold out game. That's just shameful.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 02:26 PM
And the Illini win over Baylor was the first time it had ever defeated a Big 12 opponent. I do believe Missouri holds a six game winning streak over the Illini.

NorthernIowaSooner
8/28/2011, 02:36 PM
If we could play in what is left of the B12-2-1, we would be a perennial 10 win team.

And simply cause I'm bored and putting off school work I will point out what is wrong with this statement. The Illini would not be a ten win team, they are rarely a .500 team in the Big 10. Since 2000 they have only had three winning seasons and last year they had to beat mighty Baylor in a bowl game to get over it.

In the past five years they have been beaten by Indiana(X2), Missouri(X4), Fresno(X2), Minnesota(X2), Purdue(X2), Western Michigan, Syracuse, lost twice to mediocre Iowa teams, once to a 4-8 Northwestern team and Ohio. Those are some awful losses and include both in conference and out of conference. Their best team got blasted in the Rose Bowl and never beat a BIG XII team, including the Rose Bowl year. I wouldn't say you're a 10 win team every year if you can't beat Mizzou once. Not only does Illinois lose to bad teams they lose to bad teams out of their conference. They won't win 10 games here or anywhere else losing to those teams. Keep dreaming.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 02:54 PM
And simply cause I'm bored and putting off school work I will point out what is wrong with this statement. The Illini would not be a ten win team, they are rarely a .500 team in the Big 10. Since 2000 they have only had three winning seasons and last year they had to beat mighty Baylor in a bowl game to get over it.

They're barely above .500 in their all time winning percentage. Hell Tulsa has better all time winning percentage than Illinois.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2011, 03:26 PM
People don't typically brag about beating Baylor. Especially while stating you lost to Minnesota at home.

This is sad but accurate.

fadada1
8/28/2011, 03:45 PM
since when did illinois start playing football?

i'm 40 (and a man, btw), and can only remember 1 good illinois team - sometime in the late 80's. i was at UF when ron zook took over for spurrier, and he was completely in over his head. he was a great fit for illinois - some expectations, but nothing noteworthy. maybe this will be there year to do something, with mich and osu down.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 03:55 PM
since when did illinois start playing football?

i'm 40 (and a man, btw), and can only remember 1 good illinois team - sometime in the late 80's. i was at UF when ron zook took over for spurrier, and he was completely in over his head. he was a great fit for illinois - some expectations, but nothing noteworthy. maybe this will be there year to do something, with mich and osu down.

They're going to get their *** kicked by Indiana.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2011, 04:15 PM
They're going to get their *** kicked by powerhouse Indiana.

fify

JLEW1818
8/28/2011, 04:17 PM
Super Conferences are going to happen at some point.

4, 16 team conferences. Top 4 play each other, winners play in the Title

PrideTrombone
8/28/2011, 04:20 PM
One positive out of this whole mess is this thread, which is either the most unintentionally hilarious commentary ever, or a great job of trolling by the original poster.

See the funny delusional aggy here... (http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1899402&forum_id=5)

MichiganSooner
8/28/2011, 04:28 PM
Big 12 will try to take Pitt and West Virginny. Will try for Notre Dame.

silverwheels
8/28/2011, 04:50 PM
Wishboned, as for the Illini, if memory serves me correct we beat the mess out of Baylor in Texas just eight months ago (after having lost three of our last four, including a home loss to Minnesota). If we could play in what is left of the B12-2-1, we would be a perennial 10 win team.

That is hilarious.

Jacie
8/28/2011, 05:21 PM
With 120 schools fielding teams in the FBS, there is going to be a lot of jawing about which ones get to be among the annointed 64.

zeke
8/28/2011, 06:13 PM
S-E-C chant when we start kicking aTm butt in Norman. F them

IlliniJ
8/28/2011, 06:16 PM
I don't know why you continue to attack the Illini Wishboned, but whatever. I can guarantee you that OU would trade places with Illinois in a heartbeat due to many factors, but that is far beside the point (and I actually think higher of OU than 99% of the posters on here).

On the athletic front, Illinois was a mediocre Big Ten team at best last year, but absolutely destroyed Baylor from start to finish in the bowl game (in Texas, no less). A team that lost to Minnesota at home and scraped by Eastern Illinois all of a sudden looks like an unrecognizable group of first team all-Americans when facing a B12-2-1 bowl eligible team. Do you REALLY think that Baylor would win more than 2 games in the B10 (and 2 would be extremely generous)? I still maintain that a .500 team in the B10 could easily get 10 wins a season in what is left of the Bevo and the Little 8, and bowl records over the years would certainly back such a statement up.

Sooner_Tuf
8/28/2011, 06:26 PM
Just the fact that Illinois was bowl eligible tells me that was one of their better years.

Your OU pen|s envy isn't uncommon but it is funny.

3rdgensooner
8/28/2011, 06:26 PM
I can guarantee you that OU would trade places with Illinois in a heartbeat due to many factorsPlease expound on this guarantee.

NorthernIowaSooner
8/28/2011, 06:32 PM
The 2009 Bears beat Mizzou, something Illinois couldn't do that year. Comparing a bowl result to what you think Illinois could do in the Big XII is apples and oranges. If Illinois played all 10 teams in the Big XII this year I think they would be happy to win 4.

Illinois is a bottom feeder, get some perspective, they are not going from the bottom of the Big 10 to the top of the Big XII. I think if they go .500 this year it will only be because their weak a$$ OOC schedule.

NorthernIowaSooner
8/28/2011, 06:37 PM
I can guarantee you that OU would trade places with Illinois in a heartbeat due to many factors

37 to 7 in conference championships since 1946 and 7-0 in officially recognized MNC's. You're right I envy Illinois football. I do hate winning.

silverwheels
8/28/2011, 06:46 PM
Can this troll be banned already?

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 07:11 PM
I don't know why you continue to attack the Illini Wishboned, but whatever. I can guarantee you that OU would trade places with Illinois in a heartbeat due to many factors, but that is far beside the point (and I actually think higher of OU than 99% of the posters on here).

On the athletic front, Illinois was a mediocre Big Ten team at best last year, but absolutely destroyed Baylor from start to finish in the bowl game (in Texas, no less). A team that lost to Minnesota at home and scraped by Eastern Illinois all of a sudden looks like an unrecognizable group of first team all-Americans when facing a B12-2-1 bowl eligible team. Do you REALLY think that Baylor would win more than 2 games in the B10 (and 2 would be extremely generous)? I still maintain that a .500 team in the B10 could easily get 10 wins a season in what is left of the Bevo and the Little 8, and bowl records over the years would certainly back such a statement up.

You realize that Bob Stoops has coached and developed more Consensus All Americans in the time he's been a coach at OU than Illinois has in their entire history?

Illinois being mediocre last year was a good year for them. All time winning percentage at just over 52%. North Texas has a better winning percentage than Illinois.

IlliniJ
8/28/2011, 07:53 PM
Once again Wishboned, you're completely ignoring the concept of competition. Barely being above .500 when you play Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, etc is pretty darn good overall. On the flip side, when you put nine third-rate institutions in the middle of nowhere (OK, 7 plus the 2), then somebody HAS to win.

Obviously Illinois would never in a million go from the best academic/athletic conference with a multi-billion dollar research pool to the very worst conference (both academically and athletically), but if they did I would be willing to bet that Illinois' all-time winning % would be over 80% easy, with a bowl appearance virtually every year.

IlliniJ
8/28/2011, 07:54 PM
Bob Stoops is a legend and a fine man as well as a tremendous coach. Of that there is no doubt...

silverwheels
8/28/2011, 07:54 PM
Once again Wishboned, you're completely ignoring the concept of competition. Barely being above .500 when you play Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, etc is pretty darn good overall. On the flip side, when you put nine third-rate institutions in the middle of nowhere (OK, 7 plus the 2), then somebody HAS to win.

Obviously Illinois would never in a million go from the best academic/athletic conference with a multi-billion dollar research pool to the very worst conference (both academically and athletically), but if they did I would be willing to bet that Illinois' all-time winning % would be over 80% easy, with a bowl appearance virtually every year.

You should be a stand-up comedian.

Wishboned
8/28/2011, 07:56 PM

You can't even beat Missouri. Your record at home against them is 5-5. Your record in Missouri is 1-5. And your record at a neutral site is 1-7. At best you would be a .500 team in the Big 12. I'd rank your chances somewhere between Kansas State and OSU. And that's if they both had down years.

NorthernIowaSooner
8/28/2011, 08:14 PM

It doesn't matter where Illinois plays, they will be part of the league that HAS to lose. OU has .749 winning percentage all time in conference, no way Illinois can pull of .800 they would seriously be lucky to be .500. You're representing Illinois fans poorly with your uninformed, unrealistic expectations of their football team.

Why is an Illinois fan trolling on here anyway?

GottaHavePride
8/28/2011, 09:11 PM
I dunno, just gave him a card for PWI. Why the hell did an "A&M to the SEC" thread turn into a Big Televen vs. Big Tweleven slapfight? Sheesh.

bluedogok
8/28/2011, 09:19 PM
PWI?
Posting Without Intelligence?

S008NER
8/28/2011, 09:28 PM
$MU is trying to buy their way in this conference. BYU, Air Force or Houston would be a better choice. We already have a game in the metroplex every year. I hope joe is against this one.

dvdcrr
8/28/2011, 09:35 PM
I think the Big 12 conference is done. Unless Tejas can add enough Tejas schools to form a super conference. I am not sure why a school with value such as Oklahoma is sitting by, losing revenue and recruiting advantage as all this unravels. Time to think about the best place to bail off.

trwxxa
8/28/2011, 09:48 PM
$MU is trying to buy their way in this conference. BYU, Air Force or Houston would be a better choice. We already have a game in the metroplex every year. I hope joe is against this one.

Texas will never allow Houston to become a part of the conference.

MeMyself&Me
8/28/2011, 09:48 PM
I've never seen anyone put so much emphasis on beating Baylor but I was done with the guy when I saw him posting on Texags that we were all excited to have Houston or Rice.

SCOUT
8/28/2011, 09:52 PM

Obviously Illinois would never in a million go from the best academic/athletic conference with a multi-billion dollar research pool to the very worst conference (both academically and athletically), but if they did I would be willing to bet that Illinois' all-time winning % would be over 80% easy, with a bowl appearance virtually every year.While you are obviously a troll, I will laugh a bit at your comedic style. Isn't Appalachian State above .500 on Michigan?

Soonerpsycho
8/28/2011, 10:03 PM
Something might be up.

http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?10609-Interesting-flight-today-by-an-OU-plane

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1899700&forum_id=5

delhalew
8/28/2011, 10:08 PM
We pulled a real winner out of the woodwork this time.

OU_Sooners75
8/28/2011, 10:17 PM

Arky's stadium does not hold 80K. try 72K and that is bumped from 51K just a few years ago.

delhalew
8/28/2011, 10:18 PM
Something might be up.

http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?10609-Interesting-flight-today-by-an-OU-plane

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1899700&forum_id=5
Heh. I love it when we start tracking air travel:D

OU_Sooners75
8/28/2011, 10:21 PM
Even beating the Hell out of em they still get some B12 money
screw em dont let em get a dime.

No, if they leave and the new TV contract is voided, A&M plus the SEC, would have to pay more than $20 million dollars. So essentially they would not be making any money from the Big 12 if they decide to leave.

OU_Sooners75
8/28/2011, 10:50 PM

Since you love talking about how mighty the Big 10 is:

OU is 10-6 (minus Nebraska) against teams in the Big 10.

vs. Michigan: 1-0
vs. Ohio State: 1-1
Vs. Wisconsin: 2-0
vs. Minnesota: 2-0
vs. Penn State: 2-0
vs. NW: 1-3 (Last played in 1997 OU lost)
vs. Iowa: 1-0 (game played 1979)
vs. Indiana: 0-1 (game was played in 1928)
vs. Illinois: 0-1 (game was played in 1917)

You see a pattern here?

Throw in the mighty Huskers and OU is 55-44-3vs. Teams currently in the Big 10.

BTW, I am willing to bet right now, that big 10 newcomer Nebraska wins the Big 10 this year.

I say, the Big 12 sucks, even though a mediocre Big 12 North team will end up winning the Big 10 their first season in the Mighty Big 10!

SoonerMom2
8/28/2011, 11:17 PM
I have to read about the Channel 9 Sports Blitz at Texas Ags because I never watch Blevins and the OSU Homer but this is what they had to say at Texas Ags:

OK Sports Blitz on the OKC CBS station (Dean Blevins and John Holcomb) just mentioned the ou plane flight and the fact that it was currently enroute to Columbia.

Their take is that is ou and mizzou folks (and maybe some osu folks) trying a last ditch effort to keep A&M in the Big 12.

But they also went on to say that if we DO leave, ou, osu, and others won't be far behind.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2011, 11:25 PM
I will hate OU with the fury of a billion stars if they convince Aggie to stay.

MeMyself&Me
8/28/2011, 11:41 PM
A Texags poster has pointed out that Chairman of the Big 12 board is from Mizzou and the Secratary is from Oklahoma and that per Big 12 bylaws, the Secratary has to be present to give the walking papers. It's walking papers. That makes the most sense.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/29/2011, 09:22 AM
I will hate OU with the fury of a billion stars if they convince Aggie to stay.

I would think a Baylor fan would want to keep the aggies in the B12, since the alternative certainly points to Baylor in C-USA.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/29/2011, 09:25 AM
We pulled a real winner out of the woodwork this time.

I guess if you're an Illinois fan you have to brag about your conference since you have no accomplishments of your own to speak of. It's like being a miss st fan in the sec.