PDA

View Full Version : How much are the OU Tulsa tickets going for?

OU_Sooners75
8/26/2011, 10:45 PM
Anyone know...also anyone know if there are any still available?

I usually find some at the games, but I will need four of them minimum.

OrlandoSooner
8/26/2011, 11:16 PM
Starting at $62 on Stubhub (http://www.stubhub.com/ou-football-tickets/oklahoma-vs-tulsa-9-3-2011-1073050/).

I've found Stub Hub to be higher than you you find outside the stadium. (all events, not just OU)

OU_Sooners75
8/26/2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah, that is what I saw too.

I wish my number for season tickets would show up so I dont have to buy individual tickets.

C&CDean
8/27/2011, 07:29 AM
If it's anything like last year's opener vs. Utah St. there won't be any tickets. There were a buttload of people looking for tickets just before that game and they simply couldn't find any. I saw some people paying $100 for end zone seats to see Utah St.

Of course with our fickle fans, all it takes is a loss - or even a close game against lesser opponents (see Utah St, Air Force, Cincinnatti for proof) to have a glut of cheap tickets available, and a half-empty student section.

mobilesteve
8/27/2011, 07:36 AM
If it's anything like last year's opener vs. Utah St. there won't be any tickets. There were a buttload of people looking for tickets just before that game and they simply couldn't find any. I saw some people paying $100 for end zone seats to see Utah St.

Of course with our fickle fans, all it takes is a loss - or even a close game against lesser opponents (see Utah St, Air Force, Cincinnatti for proof) to have a glut of cheap tickets available, and a half-empty student section.

The Utah st game was the hardest time I've ever had getting tickets to a game. I still have no idea why no one was selling.

OU_Sooners75
8/27/2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah, the utah state game was one I just stayed at the tailgate for.

rekamrettuB
8/27/2011, 12:53 PM
The Utah st game was the hardest time I've ever had getting tickets to a game. I still have no idea why no one was selling.

It's the 1st game of the season. It's always a hard ticket. We were shut out of UAB a few years back because I wasn't paying $100+ for that game for high row EZ seats.

pphilfran
8/27/2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, that is what I saw too.

I wish my number for season tickets would show up so I dont have to buy individual tickets.

Donate a couple of hundred bucks to the Sooner Club and you will have tickets next year...

OU_Sooners75
8/27/2011, 04:09 PM
4 years ago I donated $200 and never moved up the list.

yukonsooner
8/27/2011, 04:20 PM
Just sold my 2 extra tickets for face value & had 5 calls wanting to buy them at that price.

C&CDean
8/27/2011, 04:47 PM
If OU wins, and wins big, there won't be cheap tickets for any game. If we lose a game, or win a close one against lesser opposition, there'll be a glut of tickets for cheap. Our fans pretty much suck like that.

OU_Sooners75
8/27/2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah I know Dean....it is pretty bad too!

We couls squeak all games by one point and the tickets would be cheap...even if we ended up winning the NC.

XingTheRubicon
8/27/2011, 05:28 PM
If it's 100 degrees, tix will be $10

C&CDean
8/27/2011, 05:50 PM
Wanna bet?

Southeast Sooner
8/27/2011, 06:16 PM
I have 2 extra Sec 16 Row 68. Face value if you want them. $77. Have several maybe's but no takers.

wahoosooner
8/27/2011, 06:34 PM

this post is spot on

MiccoMacey
8/27/2011, 06:35 PM

I took my two little girls to that game, thinking I'd be able to come up with some tickets. It was one of the saddest days as a father when my little girls were crying because we just couldn't find any for less than $100. We'd walked all around the campus looking for tickets, but to no avail.

A few weeks later I took my oldest to the Air Force game, but I bought tickets ahead of time. There were appx. 10,000 tickets being sold, and they were ranging from $20 each and up.

I'm going to try and get tickts for me and my youngest for the Ball State game. If it were a day game, I know I'd be able to get them pretty cheap. Alas, it's a 6:00 kickoff.

wahoosooner
8/27/2011, 06:36 PM

2 reasons

#1 1st game of the season
#2 Was not on regular TV it was PPV.

yukonsooner
8/27/2011, 08:34 PM
I have 2 extra Sec 16 Row 68. Face value if you want them. $77. Have several maybe's but no takers.

PM me I have a number of someone that was looking for tickets, but I had already sold mine

Southeast Sooner
8/27/2011, 09:13 PM
PM me I have a number of someone that was looking for tickets, but I had already sold mine Tried to pm ya but wouldn't let me. My phone number is 580-420-3223.

StoopTroup
8/27/2011, 10:17 PM
I think Dean makes a good point based on last years ticket sales but not very many folks thought we deserved our #1 status when we played Missouri and when we lost they completely melted down about it even though we ended up having a great season and winning a BCS Game.

Now....we are Pre-Season #1 and we have a lot of great players returning. It sucks we have had two players in our linebacker Corp gone with Austin's passing away and Lewis getting injured. Today I saw an article saying Frank Alexander was our new Defensive Leader this year. He's been here for awhile and I think he can do it but it would be great if Lewis was still there.

On Offense....we have our Receivers back and our QB. We have some of our Running Backs but we lost DeMarco and after seeing him totally take control of the Utah State Game and pull our heads out of our rears last year...I am hoping Landry is ready to lead us to the promised land. Seeing and listening to landry in all the interviews this Summer....I think we are a step above where we were at the end of last season but our Back Field really needs to kick some *** and make sure our running game rules and gives Landry a second dimension to our Offense.

All that being said....I still have seen lots of tickets being sold on Ebay and Stub Hub and Ticket City. As many or more than last year.

If you are going to make it to the first game and try to get tickets....you should bring money. The free tickets and cheap $20 per seat tickets probably won't be there. But hey!...the damn things are $77 Face Value this year. If you aren't willing to pay $100 to 150 to see the #1 Team in the Nation play their 1st game of the season....why the hell even go down there?

I would love to sell my Season Tickets for $600-700 per Seat and go down and get in for $5 bucks too....but....I think if you have been lucky to make deals like that the last few years...you should just consider yourself very lucky. I consider myself lucky to be a Season Ticket Holder but I feel luckier to be a Season Ticket holder for a Team that is Pre-Season #1 and deserving of the ranking.

Quit stressing and go to the game. If you get tickets...consider yourself lucky. Don't wait around for someone to give you a good deal. Go hang out at the Stadium and Campus Corner. Talk it up. Buy some tickets. Sell them, make some trades. Do what it takes to get yourself hooked up and if you get them cheaper that $77 per Seat...consider yourself lucky and if you get them for $50 per seat consider yourself very lucky. Once you get your tickets....then head to the Tailgate and have fun.

If you can't handle the stress...go check Ebay....there are still a few for Face Value.

OU_Sooners75
8/27/2011, 10:20 PM
What does all that have to do with the ticket prices of the Tulsa Game?

StoopTroup
8/27/2011, 10:25 PM
2 reasons

#1 1st game of the season
#2 Was not on regular TV it was PPV.

This one being on TV makes it a whole different situation IMO.

I still think there will be tickets. Can you get 4 together? Maybe but not for $20 each. Folks! WE ARE PRE-SEASON #1 ! Number 8 is possible. Have faith! If this is the only game you take your kids to this year and we win it all.....you'll regret not going. Go cash in the extra change in the bowl. Pawn something! Get some tickets! Believe! Are are the Team to beat folks!

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

StoopTroup
8/27/2011, 10:32 PM
What does all that have to do with the ticket prices of the Tulsa Game?

Nothing....lol

Everybody should expect to get $5 tickets so that their family can sit together. I mean....it's not like there is a waiting list for Season Tickets....lol

It kills me to think that some folks have become so spoiled they sell their Season Tickets and expect to find cheap tickets every game and when they don't...they get all crazy about it. Some treat it like it's a yearly entitlement. I'm not saying you are doing that but seriously...the face Value is $77 per ticket. I know some folks are locked in and things come up so they give them to their kids and the kids go down and sell them for beer money but last years 1st game was a fluke IMO. The PPV situation didn't make it cheap for them to get their drink on and be able to watch the game too. This year they will get more out of their tickets but there will be more available because it's on TV.

I bet you find tickets....But I'd go early bro.

StoopTroup
8/27/2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah I know Dean....it is pretty bad too!

We couls squeak all games by one point and the tickets would be cheap...even if we ended up winning the NC.

The thing is this year....there is no Big XII Championship Game to get us in the BCS MNC Game. If we drop a game, especially like the oSu game...there will be no BCS MNC and probably no BCS Game. It's just the nature of how the Conference has changed and how it relates to the BCS Rules of getting a shot at the BCS MNC Game. We are pre-Season #1. We win all our Games and we play for all the marbles. At least I hope so. You never know how even a close game might change the voting for the Championship Game. The way things are it's just not a given when other Teams in big Conferences play that extra Game late in the Season. We have benefited from such games and gotten in when Millions of folks thought we didn't deserve to go.

Fans aren't being fickle this year if we drop a game....they are reacting to the fact that we won't win a MNC because of it. I've been going to Sooner Games since 1973 and it's always been this way. If you aren't playing for a National Championship or the game is on TV and College or HS kids can sell the tickets their parents gave them because Mom and Dad couldn't go....they end up being sold and the more there are...the less they go for. The less there are...the more they go for. That's not fickle...that's just how some folks think about it.

Me? I wouldn't sell mine for double their worth. I love going.

Take it easy Bro...you will get in I bet, you might have to sit in pairs but I bet you get in.

Good luck on finding $20 seats though. I'd be willing to bet you'll be lucky to find two for $50. Hell...2 for $100 is a good deal if they aren't row 60+

Anchoragesooner
8/28/2011, 09:05 AM
I have 2 extra if you are still looking. Sec 9, row 34, seat 5&6.

olevetonahill
8/28/2011, 09:11 AM
I have 2 extra if you are still looking. Sec 9, row 34, seat 5&6.

PM sent . Are you gonna be at the Tail Gate?