PDA

View Full Version : chip brow tweets LHN will be allowed to show high school highlights

SoonerinSouthlake
8/26/2011, 09:14 PM
sorry ...don't know how to do those screen shots of tweets...but chip browns tweet reads:

"NCAA will be watching, but ESPN will be allowed to do news and information style highlights of high school games , per NCAA, on LHN."

Mike Stoops
8/26/2011, 09:20 PM
If Cox picks up that MFer here in the Tulsa area I'm switching to Windstream and organizing a boycott.

MeMyself&Me
8/26/2011, 09:46 PM
It will be just a matter of time before ESPiN goes just a bit too far on Tejas's behalf and the NCAA will slap Tejas on the wrist for it. NCAA has no control over what ESPiN does but they do have control of Tejas. I'm curious just how much 'pushing' Tejas is willing to take.

jumperstop
8/27/2011, 09:32 AM
So I thought the since the NCAA ruled no high school games the lhn just got way sucky. Does this mean I need to get mad again?

SoonerinSouthlake
8/27/2011, 02:40 PM
So I thought the since the NCAA ruled no high school games the lhn just got way sucky. Does this mean I need to get mad again?

yes

soonervegas
8/27/2011, 05:16 PM
I am sure Stoops is thrilled....

General Applewhite
8/27/2011, 05:59 PM
It will be just a matter of time before ESPiN goes just a bit too far on Tejas's behalf and the NCAA will slap Tejas on the wrist for it. NCAA has no control over what ESPiN does but they do have control of Tejas. I'm curious just how much 'pushing' Tejas is willing to take.

Why would Texas be penalized for what is done by ESPN employees on a 100% ESPN owned network?

SoonerinSouthlake
8/27/2011, 06:05 PM
Why would Texas be penalized for what is done by ESPN employees on a 100% ESPN owned network?
because they probably have some level of control over content written into their agreement. Whorn-U isnt stupid enough to let ESPN have all the control of a network which uses its name

Herr Scholz
8/27/2011, 07:01 PM
No live games. They're talking about scores, stats and news highlights.

If it ever gets on the air that is.

SoonerinSouthlake
8/28/2011, 08:51 AM
No live games. They're talking about scores, stats and news highlights.

If it ever gets on the air that is.

It will hit the air...with as much$$ as espn has committed.

If its picked up nationally it will still be an advantage for whorn to show highlights and stats of key recruits.

Heck regular ESPN shows the same highlights all day from the Day before and they have tons of variety and content.

If LHN, which will have pretty limited content, has high school highlights, they will show it over and over again. That'll be a draw for kids to see themselves on TV on a "espn" network.