PDA

View Full Version : LSU Players arrested...Jefferson and Johns

Lott's Bandana
8/26/2011, 10:22 AM
QB Jefferson
LB Johns

EDIT: Expected to be arrested by Baton Rouge Police today for 2nd Degree Battery...a felony. Warrants issued this am.

jumperstop
8/26/2011, 10:23 AM
Let er rip!!

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2011, 10:25 AM
Kicking a guy in the face is a felony now? Geez, what is this pansy world coming to.

Soonerfan88
8/26/2011, 10:26 AM
That leads me to believe they either matched Jefferson's shoeprint to that on the victim's shirt or found DNA on his shoes linking him to the victim.

tcrb
Let er rip!!

Heh ;)

Lott's Bandana
espn4d (http://twitter.com/#%21/espn4d) Pat Forde

RT @RandyRosetta (http://twitter.com/RandyRosetta) BREAKING: BRPD issued arrest warrants for #LSU (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23LSU) QB Jordan Jefferson and LB Josh Johns. 2nd-degree battery, which is a felony

Corrected: Arrest warrants have been issued.

fwsooner22
8/26/2011, 10:27 AM
One game suspension at LSU........

LVSOONER15
8/26/2011, 10:28 AM
Let er rip

Boomer.....
8/26/2011, 10:30 AM
Les is going to handle this internally.

tcrb
8/26/2011, 10:31 AM

Nah....they're in the SEC....he'll just sit out the first half.

TheresOnlyOne
8/26/2011, 10:33 AM
He'll defend his players against any SUCKER in this country!!! This is NOT what he PLANNED today! The cops are gunna keep comin......He like the fight in his players, he likes the resolve.

Lawton4Life
8/26/2011, 10:36 AM
I TELL MY PLAYERS TO DREAM BIG

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2011, 10:37 AM
This will test the Hat since that first game is Oregon.

"We didn't have enough information to impose punishment until the 2nd game. That just happened to be Northwestern (popcorn) State" -- Les Miles

Mike Stoops
8/26/2011, 10:37 AM

Remember when Brandon Spikes gouged the eyes of that UGA RB and Urban Meyer suspended him for the first quarter...against Vanderbilt?! LOL

TheresOnlyOne
8/26/2011, 10:38 AM
Wow, put the grass down and get control of your program you YEWJ DOOOOOOSHER!

Lott's Bandana
8/26/2011, 10:41 AM
Can you imagine what the Louisiana State Prison must be like? Shudder.

Oregon always seems to catch a lot of slimey breaks. They'll still have to score points, just not as many.

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2011, 10:44 AM
In this case, I hope the ducks leverage that slimey break into an LSU whippin'. Anything that keeps LSU out of a title game in their own backyard again is morally correct.

Lott's Bandana
8/26/2011, 10:46 AM
In this case, I hope the ducks leverage that slimey break into an LSU whippin'. Anything that keeps LSU out of a title game in their own backyard again is morally correct.

Yeah, but I hope they win 2-0.

jumperstop
8/26/2011, 10:47 AM

I would much rather play oregon than lsu. Just show the picture of Allen Patrick holding the ball to the team and that should be enough to get them fired up for that game.

I Am Right
8/26/2011, 10:57 AM
Coach Miles announced that it takes the charges seriously and it will be an internal team punishment, players will only be allowed to date cheerleaders!!

Lott's Bandana
8/26/2011, 11:00 AM
Coach Miles announced that it takes the charges seriously and it will be an internal team punishment, players will only be allowed to date cheerleaders!!

aTm has a similar rule.

Mike Stoops
8/26/2011, 11:02 AM
Apparently Jefferson is more accurate with his kicks than with his arm.

Lott's Bandana
8/26/2011, 11:07 AM
Jefferson and Johns have finally turned themselves in.

Apparently the delay was because Jefferson was trying to find a pair of shoes without laces.

Sooner Wing
8/26/2011, 11:41 AM
Kicking a guy in the face is a felony now? Geez, what is this pansy world coming to.

Is this the first time that a QB has been penalized for an illegal hit to the head???

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2011, 11:45 AM
"After further investigation, it was revealed the guy on the ground was attacking Jefferson's expensive shoes with his face and we are pressing charges for property damage." -- LSU attorneys

ATX Sooner
8/26/2011, 11:47 AM
Where does this put LSU in the Fulmer Cup? Inquiring minds want to know.

Wishboned
8/26/2011, 11:51 AM
I like this team. I like the fight in this ballclub. I like their resolve.

BigDeezy
8/26/2011, 11:52 AM
I'd like to know if the kick was meant to be an extra point or a field goal?

desertsooner
8/26/2011, 12:00 PM
Per Tigerbait and LSU's rivals sites, they've been suspended indefinitely and Jarrett Lee is going to start the game against Oregon.

Sooner_Tuf
8/26/2011, 02:19 PM
Hang on bro I gots to get my kicks on.

budbarrybob
8/26/2011, 02:54 PM
Makes me Raff out Roud

LSUdeek
8/26/2011, 02:54 PM
Looks like the peanut gallery is still well populated. Les Miles has not yet swept anything under the rug in his time at LSU, so your accusations are unfounded. Urban Meyer's actions at Florida are immaterial.

Penguin
8/26/2011, 03:27 PM
At this point in time, I think it would be best that we weigh the pros and cons of Jordan Jefferson. Should he go pro? Or, should he go con?

Penguin
8/26/2011, 03:38 PM
Looks like the peanut gallery is still well populated. Les Miles has not yet swept anything under the rug in his time at LSU, so your accusations are unfounded. Urban Meyer's actions at Florida are immaterial.

I live in Baton Rouge. I have no idea why people in this city are so worked up over this. I know for a fact that Jordan Jefferson was completely despised for 85% of the season last year. Everybody hated him. He was an embarrassment. Now, people are all freaking out about this. Why? What has happened during the off-season that make LSU fans believe that he has miraculously become even an average QB? People should not believe the hype that Miles tried to generate around about that "ESPN carwash" time period. After the first interception or that first boo and Jefferson would be back in his turtle shell for the season. Nobody in Baton Rouge should give this guy a second thought. Move on.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2011, 05:24 PM
According to ESPiN they have been suspended indefinetely. I guess that'll be a half or a game as someone else mentioned.

BoulderSooner79
8/26/2011, 05:28 PM

It's all in good fun. You are having fun, right?

BlownGP
8/26/2011, 05:41 PM
I live in Baton Rouge. I have no idea why people in this city are so worked up over this. I know for a fact that Jordan Jefferson was completely despised for 85% of the season last year. Everybody hated him. He was an embarrassment. Now, people are all freaking out about this. Why? What has happened during the off-season that make LSU fans believe that he has miraculously become even an average QB? People should not believe the hype that Miles tried to generate around about that "ESPN carwash" time period. After the first interception or that first boo and Jefferson would be back in his turtle shell for the season. Nobody in Baton Rouge should give this guy a second thought. Move on.

I dont think anybody cares about JJ not playing. There just shocked any of this has happend.
Everyone still doesnt like JJ and I dont understand why Les pumped him up this all offseason. He was supposed to be good last year...

tcrb
8/26/2011, 05:48 PM
I know quite a few lsu fans. They are all glad that Lee is now the starter and see this as a blessing in disguise.

StoopTroup
8/26/2011, 05:54 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/509908/cfblesmilesgrass.gif

TUSooner
8/26/2011, 06:32 PM
Long time no see, Deek! Welcome to the kitchen.

Being a pessimist, I confidently assure everyone that this will not adversely affect LSU in the least.

First and foremost, y'all keep forgetting that Leslie Miles has made a deal with the Devil. Those deals always pay off in the short run, and Les has not quite reached the Long Run. So look for Les to get LSU its 3rd home BCSMNC game.

Second (related to the first), the tigerbaiters will play the victim and turn this around to make their thugs look like courageous victims fighting against the evil everybody else.

Third, LSU might be better off with Lee and that #3 guy whose name escapes me but who is supposed to be pretty good. Jefferson is the type to make some awesome plays, and some awful ones. Besides, Les will keep JJ ready and available in case Lee + 3 crap out.

But mainly: This legal biz will not amount to anything. Jordan Jefferson's lawyer, Lewis Unglesby, is highly-priced, notorious, and skillfully nasty with a capital F. Jeffy will be represented with -- I understate -- extreme zeal.

{From http://www.businessreport.com/news/2011/jan/25/bulldog-your-court-lgl1/ }
***One of Louisiana’s most knock-down, drag-out lawyers. And the kind who’d rather take a case to trial than plead or settle.

He once threatened to whip the derrière of a New Orleans federal prosecutor during a bench confrontation in the courtroom, and he was fined $7,500.

Those are some of the reasons why 61-year-old Lewis Unglesby remains the go-to lawyer for the who’s who of whodunits in Louisiana: Former Gov. Edwin Edwards. Former U.S. District Judge G. Thomas Porteous Jr. Bad guy-turned-government informant Barry Seal. Former Louisiana Sen. Heulette “Clo” Fontenot. Former Livingston Parish President Dewey Ratcliff. Teamsters business manager Keith Partin. Restaurateur Al Copeland.

When A-listers get into trouble with the law, many of them find their way to Unglesby’s office on Napoleon Street.

But so, too, do the little guys. He’s won millions upon millions of dollars going up against big, bad corporations: for the contract worker who got mesothelioma removing asbestos from a plant, for the farmer tossed off a three-wheeler and for the 3,500 New Orleans residents whose neighborhood was contaminated by DDT and components of Agent Orange.

Corporations and government entities also have been known to turn to Unglesby as their advocate in critical cases.

“He’s certainly one of the premier attorneys in this area as well as the state,” says U.S. District Judge James Brady, who’s known Unglesby for four decades and has presided over many of his cases in federal court. “If you need a lawyer, he’s probably on just about everybody’s list.”

StoopTroup
8/26/2011, 06:46 PM
What is a Deek?

SoonerinSouthlake
8/26/2011, 06:54 PM
What is a Deek?

Deacon? Just a guess

Ground_Attack
8/26/2011, 09:49 PM
Does the Louisiana Penitentiary System smell like corn dogs too? Should be just like home.

tcrb
8/26/2011, 10:16 PM
What is a Deek?

'twas probably a typo.

cleller
8/27/2011, 08:13 AM
Can you imagine what the Louisiana State Prison must be like? Shudder.

Oregon always seems to catch a lot of slimey breaks. They'll still have to score points, just not as many.

Haven't you seen some of the documentaries about Angola prison? Why, its a very peaceful place in a farm setting. The kind of farm where you head out at daybreak with a hoe and enjoy that Louisiana sunshine, the little flying critters, all the while watched by men with shotguns on horseback. Very picturesque, and low stress.