PDA

View Full Version : Obama on the Economic Crisis

soonercruiser
8/25/2011, 10:05 PM
It's officials!
Obama has now played more golf than I have this year.
And, I'm 2/3 retired!

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Economy/Obama%20golf.gif

sappstuf
8/26/2011, 08:34 AM
First quarter growth was at .4%.. 2nd quarter growth was just revised downward to 1.0%..

We are officially on recession watch..

Hope and change won't cut it....

Position Limit
8/26/2011, 10:49 AM
First quarter growth was at .4%.. 2nd quarter growth was just revised downward to 1.0%..

We are officially on recession watch..

Hope and change won't cut it....

what will?

sappstuf
8/26/2011, 12:36 PM
what will?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tunHvMNZ3A0/TkKsDGJX8II/AAAAAAAADRQ/jbSmGqptG7s/s1600/Let%2BUs%2BSpray%2Bcopy.jpg

A great start would be opening the gulf back up to drilling and other federal lands, cut dumb regulatory crap like the Boeing case in South Carolina. Tax increases from Obamacare kick in next year will be another kick in the nuts to the economy.

Pretty much the opposite of what Obama has been up to in his three years....

Position Limit
8/26/2011, 12:52 PM
talking points. that's all? what got us to this point? who got us to this point? barney frank right? since you are filled with the economic bewilderment of the right, let me ask you a different question. How can the next great bubble be created? please check your hackery at the door. this is an honest question. if you find the answer, your agnst and loathing will ease.

sappstuf
8/26/2011, 01:46 PM
talking points. that's all? what got us to this point? who got us to this point? barney frank right? since you are filled with the economic bewilderment of the right, let me ask you a different question. How can the next great bubble be created? please check your hackery at the door. this is an honest question. if you find the answer, your agnst and loathing will ease.

You want to talk about talking points? The only thing Obama has truly submitted was his 2012 budget... It was voted down 97-0 in the Senate. The man is a walking living embodiment of a talking point with no actual plan...

But he does love complicating life for business. He has turned certainty into uncertainty.. In the past businesses could relocate to any state they wanted to. Obama's NLRB is now challenging that. Obamacare casts a shadow everywhere because businesses do not know what their costs will be the in the future. So what do they do? Don't hire anyone, don't expand. Sit on the employees you have if you can afford them, if not fire them, pocket the cash and wait until we have a better picture of the future. That is exactly where we are at.

Obama blames it on "bad luck" and "headwinds". And you want to accuse me of talking points... Good grief.

Soonerjeepman
8/26/2011, 02:27 PM
people have no clue how the obamacare taxes will kill us...change alright...

soonercruiser
8/26/2011, 04:06 PM

Well, now that you mentioned "talking points".....:topsy_turvy:

http://members.cox.net/franklipsinic/Political/Fault%20lines.gif

Sooners78
8/30/2011, 10:09 AM
He needs to treat businesses as if he is on their side. The president can't create jobs contrary to what he would like us to believe. Using tax $ for highways and bridges (that's his great jobs plan!) is not creating wealth, it's just taking money from taxpayers and giving it to somebody else.

MR2-Sooner86
8/30/2011, 10:48 AM
Lets see, we have a President who came across as hating private businesses.

Eventually a consulting house to multinational corporations agreed to hire me as a research assistant. Like a spy behind enemy lines, I arrived every day at my mid-Manhattan office and sat at my computer terminal, checking the Reuters machine that blinked bright emerald messages from across the globe.

Then we can look at his administration.
http://blog.american.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/obamacabinet.jpg

He attended a church with Black Liberation Theology ideals which is heavily anti-capitalism.

He was friends, such good friends he started his political career in his living room, with a proclaimed communist who committed terrorist acts stating his goal is to "bring down the capitalist system."

I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding. He's just trying to help.