PDA

View Full Version : Landry's #

yukonsooner
8/25/2011, 09:17 PM
Any word on Landry continuing to wear #12? I know he said he would do whatever Austin's parents wanted.

OUstud
8/25/2011, 10:23 PM
I bet at this point he's sticking with it.

jumperstop
8/25/2011, 10:54 PM
Isn't a different defensive starter wearing 12 each game?

bonkuba
8/25/2011, 11:01 PM
Isn't a different defensive starter wearing 12 each game?

Yes..... I have heard nothing different.

bonkuba
8/25/2011, 11:04 PM
I bet at this point he's sticking with it.

As he should.....it's his number. I totally understand re: Box.....but 12 is Landry's number as well. I am sure he will do what he believes is appropriate.

delhalew
8/25/2011, 11:23 PM
If the Box family doesn't mind, which they surely don't, then he should keep it. To change now would seem inappropriate.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/26/2011, 08:34 AM
Nothing repoerted in today's Joke regarding Landry changing jersey #'s. I few changed number per story, not Landry.

LVSOONER15
8/26/2011, 09:59 AM
Its been Landry's on offense since he has got here. It is pretty cool that the defense will be honoring Box by allowing a different player to wear his number each game.

TMcGee86
8/26/2011, 10:10 AM
I can't wait to see who wears it on OU/TX. After watching the ESPN deal, I'm guessing it's gonna be TLew and he's going to absolutely wreck shop.

I'm actually afraid of what will happen if Ronnell is good to go this year and he wears it. He may create a blackhole with his collisions.

TheresOnlyOne
8/26/2011, 10:40 AM
I say T Lew sports it against FSU and plays like a man possessed (a la Jefferson from Fast Times at RH)!

Lott's Bandana
8/26/2011, 10:42 AM
I say T Lew sports it against FSU and plays like a man possessed (a la Jefferson from Fast Times at RH)!

Um...

jumperstop
8/26/2011, 10:44 AM

If his foot is ok by then. I thought it was still going to be at least Texas before he's back.

TheresOnlyOne
8/26/2011, 10:45 AM
Jefferson aka Forrest Whitaker, and I'm predicting an early return for T Lew. That should clear up any confusion.

oudavid1
8/26/2011, 11:24 AM
I cant think of anyone on offense I would rather wear #12. On defense they will rotate with it. I waited all summer for someone to ask him about it, I knew his response would be "idk". I think it would be cool is if the first game he comes out with his normal jersey but with no name on the back.

starclassic tama
8/26/2011, 01:43 PM
Nothing repoerted in today's Joke regarding Landry changing jersey #'s. I few changed number per story, not Landry.
who changed numbers? i don't get the jokelahoman...

StoopTroup
8/26/2011, 01:59 PM
The thing I don't get is this...

We don't retire jersey numbers. If you played at OU you wore a Number but you aren't #12 or #24 or #30....You were "The Boz", "Litlle Joe", "Billy", "DeMarco", "Sam", "Jason", "Gresham"......

This stuff about #12 is great as it honors Austin and it's really the Defense that is going to be missing him this year. Landry is #12 and should just keep on wearing the Number he has been wearing. I'm sure Austin wouldn't have it any other way. Austin will be remembered as "Austin" and not #12.

I am looking forward to seeing him Honored this year as he was a hard working, hard Hitting, Inspiring Player and we lost him way to early.

God Bless The Box Family
God Bless The Sooners

And I am looking forward to seeing OUr Team take each game one by one as we pile up the "W's" and keep OUr #1 Status in check until Bob and the Team are holding up that Crystal Ball again.

Soonerjeepman
8/26/2011, 02:32 PM
I can't wait to see who wears it on OU/TX. After watching the ESPN deal, I'm guessing it's gonna be TLew and he's going to absolutely wreck shop.

I'm actually afraid of what will happen if Ronnell is good to go this year and he wears it. He may create a blackhole with his collisions.

yup...that's a safe bet! I'm sure Wort will wear it against FSU....or maybe Tulsa...(the biggest non-conf game or the opener..)

jumperstop
8/26/2011, 02:37 PM
yup...that's a safe bet! I'm sure Wort will wear it against FSU....or maybe Tulsa...(the biggest non-conf game or the opener..)

Not that I didn't like Wort before, but seeing him in those All Access things was great. He seems to have a head on his shoulders and he's really well spoken. I think he'll do a great job playing for Box this year.

Salt City Sooner
8/26/2011, 03:31 PM
who changed numbers? i don't get the jokelahoman...
Clay changed from 21 to 25 (& then again to 3), due to he & Wort playing special teams together. Musil is now 20, & Whaley is 8.

madillsoonerfan5353
8/26/2011, 03:54 PM
Yep the Cali Trio as there known on Tweeter. 1 Jefferson 4 Stills 3 Clay. 1+4+3=8 1x4x3=12. FWIW! I can't take credit for that I did see it on tweeter. But kinda cool.

:gary:

WE ARE dirtburglars
8/26/2011, 04:10 PM
Yep the Cali Trio as there known on Tweeter. 1 Jefferson 4 Stills 3 Clay. 1+4+3=8 1x4x3=12. FWIW! I can't take credit for that I did see it on tweeter. But kinda cool.

:gary:

Thats awesome!

StoopTroup
8/26/2011, 04:28 PM
That's like some amazing pre-algebra ! lol

TMcGee86
8/26/2011, 04:47 PM

I actually agree with you, I think he plays against FSU and if he does it wouldn't surprise me at all if he busts out #12 for that game. I could actually see it being the reason Stoops lets him come back early. Like there's no way he'll feel his toe with that jersey on.

Plus all things considered, FSU should be the best opponent we will play this year in the reg season so it might make more sense to wear it then instead of Texas.