PDA

View Full Version : 49 pairs of shoes? WTF?

Phil
8/25/2011, 02:22 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/25/police-seize-49-pairs-of-shoes-from-jordan-jeffersons-apartment/related/

I'm thinking there's another investigation to be done here. Free Shoes U West?

Okie35
8/25/2011, 02:24 PM
Hmmm... also a witness at the bar fight said he kicked someone in the head. He should be suspended.

jumperstop
8/25/2011, 02:28 PM
Hmmm... also a witness at the bar fight said he kicked someone in the head. He should be suspended.

He should be in jail...

Okie35
8/25/2011, 02:39 PM
He should be in jail...

Its kind of too late for that.

The Maestro
8/25/2011, 02:44 PM
Wow. So LSU has to deal with a head-kickin', bar-fightin' underachiever at quarterback...and we have Landry Jones taking teammates on a mission trip to Haiti in the off season.

It's great to be a Sooner.

E-Town
8/25/2011, 02:48 PM
Wow. So LSU has to deal with a head-kickin', bar-fightin' underachiever at quarterback...and we have Landry Jones taking teammates on a mission trip to Haiti in the off season.

This ^^^

Soonerfan88
8/25/2011, 02:49 PM
In reading the comments, apparently it's okay that they kicked the guy in the head and broke his back since he or a friend were supposedly stalking an ex-girlfriend earlier that night. LSU is apparently challenging * for most outlandish rationalization of misbehavior.

Mike Stoops
8/25/2011, 02:53 PM
In reading the comments, apparently it's okay that they kicked the guy in the head and broke his back since he or a friend were supposedly stalking an ex-girlfriend earlier that night. LSU is apparently challenging * for most outlandish rationalization of misbehavior.

TigerDroppings? That place is something else.

rekamrettuB
8/25/2011, 03:13 PM
Future Headline:

LSU QB JEFFERSON SUSPENDED ONE GAME

Article

LSU QB, Jordan Jefferson, and others were suspended one game for their involvement in a bar fight. They will miss the game vs Northwestern State on Sept 10.

Mike Stoops
8/25/2011, 03:25 PM
LSU might be the only team in America that could improve by suspending their 3rd-year starting QB.

jumperstop
8/25/2011, 03:26 PM
Future Headline:

LSU QB JEFFERSON SUSPENDED ONE GAME

Article

LSU QB, Jordan Jefferson, and others were suspended one game for their involvement in a bar fight. They will miss the game vs Northwestern State on Sept 10.

What a ****ing joke. Make em miss a game they can win without him...

Okie35
8/25/2011, 03:26 PM
LSU might be the only team in America that could improve by suspending their 3rd-year starting QB.

Hahahaha

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 03:29 PM
Since he prolly has a pair on his feet, 50 is a nice round number.

delhalew
8/25/2011, 03:32 PM
It's OK guys. Les has been making them run. Seriously.

8timechamps
8/25/2011, 03:38 PM
Let's just assume the average pair costs $70....times 49 pair....that's $3,500 in shoes owned by a college kid.

Am I crazy to think that's a lot of money for a kid in college to spend on shoes (much less a student-athlete that can't really money...at least under NCAA rules).

Whet
8/25/2011, 03:55 PM
He is the grandson of Imelda Marcos.

vtsooner21
8/25/2011, 04:33 PM
I'd bet a pair of ruby-red shoes that if he clicked his heals three times.....
Boomer

Bourbon St Sooner
8/25/2011, 04:34 PM

I would say that's probably true except the backup is Jarrett Lee.

panhandlesooner
8/25/2011, 04:41 PM
He is the grandson of Imelda Marcos.

this is a classic!!

LVSOONER15
8/25/2011, 04:58 PM
I really hope he gets some kind of big punishment, but you know them dirty tigahs.

Mike Stoops
8/25/2011, 05:05 PM
I just read where they lost one of their WR's Russell Shepard for the opener. Maybe this is karma for getting a 3rd-string UNC team a year ago. And because their fans are a bunch of ***holes. LOL

VA Sooner
8/25/2011, 07:53 PM
But a suspension against South campus of Northwestern Eastern State University? Big deal. One less pair of shoes to get dirty.

gwydion
8/26/2011, 08:57 AM
Future Headline:

Isn't their first game against BYU? He plays the first game and suspend him the second? That will show him.

CBUS_SOONER
8/26/2011, 08:59 AM
More proof college athletes make enuff $$$$$. Should NEVER be paid

proud gonzo
8/26/2011, 09:53 AM
Um.... I don't the number of shoes is really the concern here.

Also, when my Grandma died in January, she left all her clothes, shoes, purses, etc. to me. I flew out to NJ to do some sorting over the summer. I tried on every single pair of shoes she had... 130+ pairs. And she had already discarded some before she died. So 49 pairs of athletic shoes for an athlete? I'm okay with that.

soonerboomer93
8/26/2011, 10:12 AM
Since he prolly has a pair on his feet, 50 is a nice round number.

They did take the ones off his feet.

He's also a scholarship athlete, so some of those are the ones provided via the universities shoe contract for him to wear during work out, etc.

rekamrettuB
8/26/2011, 10:15 AM
Isn't their first game against BYU? He plays the first game and suspend him the second? That will show him.

Their first game is vs Oregon at Jerry World. My post was simply a prediction of their punishment. They will start the investigation after that 1st game.

sooner518
8/26/2011, 10:59 AM
They did take the ones off his feet.

He's also a scholarship athlete, so some of those are the ones provided via the universities shoe contract for him to wear during work out, etc.

for everyone freaking out about him having 49 pairs of shoes, read George Dohrmann's "Play Their Hearts Out". It chronicles the middle school and high school basketball career of Demetrius Walker, a 7th, 8th and 9th grade phenom (who now plays at University of New Mexico), notably his time spent on an AAU team. By the time he had graduated high school, Adidas had given him (through his AAU team) hundreds of pairs of free shoes. All technically 100% legit in the eyes of the NCAA. That's basketball, but I imagine that it has probably spread to football, and I'd guess Jefferson played high school and AAU basketball as well.

Add in shoes a player gets from the university for free, its not unreasonable at all to think he might have 49 pairs of shoes.

BigJerm7
8/26/2011, 11:37 AM

and don't forget proposing to his girlfriend.

BigDeezy
8/26/2011, 12:00 PM
So many shoes? Obviously that's because he's a "sole-man."

WichitaSooner
8/26/2011, 12:45 PM
Just like we saw in the OU all access.... they probably get 12-14 pairs of shoes per year from the school.... So 3 years = 36-42 pairs from the school alone.