PDA

View Full Version : "Significant Other" present/gift?

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 12:55 PM
Disclaimer: I have already thought of about 75 smart-*** and quite hilarious responses to this inquiry...however, if you feel compelled, give it your best shot! (I'm following STEP's lead here, he's put it out there like this, many times.)

I have been with (not living with) a remarkable woman for quite some time now and we have a special occasion coming up I want to commemorate with a special gift.
We are in mutual agreement that engagement/marriage, while perhaps down the road, is not now a practical option. However, I would like to give her something that acknowledges her importance and yes, pees on her a bit to mark my territory. (sorry)

She doesn't live in OK but I've already given her OU sleepwear (growwwwl), t-shirts, hats, skivvies.

Right now I'm thinking a ring that is similar to, but isn't exactly an engagement style.

I've considered: ring, necklace, bracelet, earrings, tattoo, 1st season of Glee, bacon, etc...

Any ideas, and what price range?

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2011, 12:56 PM
Keep it classy. Crotchless panties.

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 01:01 PM
Keep it classy. Crotchless panties.

Thanks, but too late. Great minds.

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2011, 01:03 PM
Necklace, pearl.

Let me guess. Too late again?

Fraggle145
8/25/2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.nuvaring.com/images/backupimage_homepage.jpg

http://www.mastersoftrivia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Nuvaring.jpg

Boomer.....
8/25/2011, 01:05 PM
Dick in a box

Hope I'm too late.

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 01:07 PM

Not necessary...Navy took care of that issue for me. Although...

nm

:mushroom:

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 01:08 PM
Dick in a box

Hope I'm too late.

This would have worked better if you'd had a different Avvie.

saucysoonergal
8/25/2011, 01:20 PM
Diamond Earrings, at least .75 carat each would be a nice gift. VVS-1 would be okay.

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 01:27 PM
Diamond Earrings, at least .75 carat each would be a nice gift. VVS-1 would be okay.

Thanks SSG...ok, I'm ignorant...

Was is das, VVS-1?

SoonerAtKU
8/25/2011, 01:31 PM
Das ist ein Mercedes payment.

olevetonahill
8/25/2011, 01:34 PM
Tell her ya got a Ring in yer Bath tub and for her to come get it. While shes at it she can make you a sammich.

3rdgensooner
8/25/2011, 02:01 PM
I agree that diamond earrings is a good idea. I am a fan of bracelets too.

saucysoonergal
8/25/2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks SSG...ok, I'm ignorant...

Was is das, VVS-1?

Very Very Small inclusions.

Peach Fuzz
8/25/2011, 02:04 PM
Promise ring

KantoSooner
8/25/2011, 02:18 PM
Here are some that have worked out well for me:

1. Have her car detailed.
2. A pair of Ferragamo shoes. It'll run you between $500 and $1,500 but no woman EVER didn't like Ferragamo's.
3. Accompany any of it with a bottle of Sabra (orange/chocolate liquor)
4. Have roses delivered, weekly, for a month or so.
5. Full deal at a day spa.

Or, if all else fails, get her an Irish Setter puppy. I mean, really, that's going nuclear, but sometimes it's called for.

Howzit
8/25/2011, 02:29 PM
A year subscription to the jelly of the month club.

tcrb
8/25/2011, 02:54 PM
Although a few of the aforementioned suggestions would make great and practical gifts to your beloved, IMHO none of them do a very good job of marking your territory (or as you so eloquently put it, "pees on her a bit"). But if you want to place your scent around her to keep the rest of the pack at bay, nothing says "I love you, and I want you to be exclusively mine" like a solitaire diamond in a Tiffany setting...minimum 1 ct. And Saucy's recommendation of VVS clarity would make it an extraordinary, although more expensive gift.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/25/2011, 03:06 PM
Listen to you pansies. There's only one answer here.

Head.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/25/2011, 03:11 PM
Joory, Joory, Joory...

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 03:11 PM
Although a few of the aforementioned suggestions would make great and practical gifts to your beloved, IMHO none of them do a very good job of marking your territory (or as you so eloquently put it, "pees on her a bit"). But if you want to place your scent around her to keep the rest of the pack at bay, nothing says "I love you, and I want you to be exclusively mine" like a solitaire diamond in a Tiffany setting...minimum 1 ct. And Saucy's recommendation of VVS clarity would make it an extraordinary, although more expensive gift.

I use that "pees on her" term with her sometimes and she cracks up, so I felt it was okay to type it here.

She'll be at several tailgates this year, so I can't respond to ALL the great suggestions...:wink:

stoops the eternal pimp
8/25/2011, 03:21 PM
I will notify her of all potential gifts

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 03:26 PM
I will notify her of all potential gifts

Plstks.

With gusto and aplomb, I'm sure!

ChickSoonerFan
8/25/2011, 04:39 PM
aawwwww...how sweet!! :)

Jewelry is always good for peeing on someone in a way they don't mind at all. SO DO IT!!!

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2011, 04:50 PM
Tell her ya got a Ring in yer Bath tub and for her to come get it. While shes at it she can make you a sammich.

I can't believe you're single. ;)

ChickSoonerFan
8/25/2011, 05:04 PM
AND how convenient that there are several diamond and jewelry ads now on the right hand side of your screen! Or at least on mine.

cleller
8/25/2011, 05:12 PM
I like the earrings idea, too. Got those for my wife when she found out she was pregnant 25 years ago.

Another idea: a corsage. May sound corny, but I got my wife a corsage before a Valentine dinner once. She loved that durn thing. Got lots of compliments on it. Guess it was right for the occasion.

yermom
8/25/2011, 05:29 PM
I use that "pees on her" term with her sometimes and she cracks up, so I felt it was okay to type it here.

She'll be at several tailgates this year, so I can't respond to ALL the great suggestions...:wink:

i usually just stick with peeing on her. i learned it from rkelly.

BigTip
8/25/2011, 06:11 PM
No gift keeps on giving like a tattoo. Pay for a "I'm Lott's Bitch" tat for her forearm. It screams "class act".

tcrb
8/25/2011, 06:14 PM

It cracked me up too, and I'm just glad I wasn't enjoying a beverage when I read it or I would have had to explain to my boss why I needed a new keyboard. :wink:

SanJoaquinSooner
8/25/2011, 07:02 PM
The women have spoken. Diamond earrings.

StoopTroup
8/25/2011, 07:34 PM
A clit piercing or a labia piercing with a padlock and you keep the key around your neck.

SunnySooner
8/25/2011, 08:09 PM
Yep, yep, yep, although I'm also more a bracelet girl, I like big dangly earrings (I have long hair, you can't see studs, so why bother), but you can pretty much never go wrong with precious metals and rare stones. Happy Shopping!!!!!!!

Dio
8/25/2011, 08:37 PM

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Or was that herpes?

soonercruiser
8/25/2011, 08:52 PM
One great big rock of a ring - but Zirconium! (biggest you can easily afford)
Promise her the real thing will be worth tens of thousands; when she gives in and marries you.

olevetonahill
8/25/2011, 09:25 PM

Head.
Winnah

BigTip
8/25/2011, 11:35 PM

Head.

That answer blows.

:friendly_wink:

hawaii 5-0
8/26/2011, 12:09 AM
Jewelry from B C Clark. How does that jingle go?

"Some sales are after Christmas, but ours is........" Oh well. I guess you pay full price plus the markup.

5-0

BigTip
8/26/2011, 10:02 AM
Jewelry from B C Clark. How does that jingle go?

"Some sales are after Christmas, but ours is........" Oh well. I guess you pay full price plus the markup.

5-0

Thanks. Thanks a lot. Now I'll have that tune running in my head all day.

proud gonzo
8/26/2011, 11:05 AM
If you want to mark your territory, I'd suggest a non-engagement ring. Personally, I'd go with something sterling from Tiffany's. (ring or necklace--or bracelet if she wears them.) Their silver is reasonably affordable and it's Tiffany's. They have some classy stuff with hearts, or if that's too cheesy, they have lock or key pendants. Go ahead and roll your eyes, but they're nice. Take a look-see at their site. http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/CategoryBrowse.aspx?cid=563629&mcat=148204 (the $250 and under section)

Viking Kitten
8/26/2011, 11:16 AM
I second PG's suggestion.

Personally, I'm terrified of expensive earrings; they are just too easy to lose. Seriously. Earrings just fall out sometimes--if she's lucky enough to have big boobs, she might catch a break and the earring gets trapped in her bra, but not always. I have many, many half sets of lovely earrings in my jewelry box that will never be worn again because the mate is long gone. If I lost an actual diamond, I would probably throw myself into a fire.

I have a sterling silver Tiffany's bracelet Czar bought me years ago before we got married and I absolutely treasure it and wear it to this day. Plus that little blue box Tiffany stuff comes it gives me chills.

Czar Soonerov
8/26/2011, 02:43 PM

What if "She don't use jelly?"

Sooner_Tuf
8/26/2011, 02:44 PM
Very few women will go out and by themselves a new mop. Get her a mop, a new one, it will light her fire like nothing else.

StoopTroup
8/26/2011, 04:14 PM
If you want to mark your territory, I'd suggest a non-engagement ring. Personally, I'd go with something sterling from Tiffany's. (ring or necklace--or bracelet if she wears them.) Their silver is reasonably affordable and it's Tiffany's. They have some classy stuff with hearts, or if that's too cheesy, they have lock or key pendants. Go ahead and roll your eyes, but they're nice. Take a look-see at their site. http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/CategoryBrowse.aspx?cid=563629&mcat=148204 (the $250 and under section)

They have a real nice labia Lock for $875 that has Tiffany and Company engraved on it, which if your GF's name is Tiffany....it makes it even better. :D

Emblem lock in 18k rose gold engraved with the Tiffany logo. Size medium.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=27241581&mcat=148206&cid=675129&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+675129-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

http://gallery.allwomenstalk.com/Jewelry/2011/03/7-gorgeous-pieces-from-the-tiffany-locks-collection/2_tiffany-locks-arc-lock-bracelet_7-gorgeous-pieces-from-the-tiffany-locks-collection.jpg

GDC
8/27/2011, 01:26 PM
Serve them with divorce papers and enjoy life.

proud gonzo
8/27/2011, 09:35 PM
I second PG's suggestion.

Personally, I'm terrified of expensive earrings; they are just too easy to lose. Seriously. Earrings just fall out sometimes--if she's lucky enough to have big boobs, she might catch a break and the earring gets trapped in her bra, but not always. I have many, many half sets of lovely earrings in my jewelry box that will never be worn again because the mate is long gone. If I lost an actual diamond, I would probably throw myself into a fire.

I have a sterling silver Tiffany's bracelet Czar bought me years ago before we got married and I absolutely treasure it and wear it to this day. Plus that little blue box Tiffany stuff comes it gives me chills.
Yeah, I don't care how shallow that sounds--the little blue box and white ribbon is awesome.

Jacie
8/28/2011, 09:27 AM
My wifey will ooh and aah with the best of them when she unwraps a box with a shiny bauble in it but when it comes to something she really wants, the next big gift I give her will be an iPad.

BudSooner
8/28/2011, 09:31 AM
Vibrator, she will thank you the NEXT time you come home. :D

BudSooner
8/28/2011, 09:32 AM
That is still the gayest ****ing smiley ever.

soonercruiser
8/29/2011, 09:45 PM

And, if she got in the tub, it would be a double-ring ceremony!
:tears_of_joy: