PDA

View Full Version : Was Watching the "All Access"

DCSooner
8/25/2011, 12:14 PM
They were getting on a bus to practice, and Stoops was driving. I thought they practiced on campus?

LVSOONER15
8/25/2011, 12:19 PM
I saw that to. I guess I missed something.

Lawton4Life
8/25/2011, 12:19 PM
They practice at the rugby fields. Too far to walk in Full pads/cleats

cvsooner
8/25/2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah, the rugby fields are a fair distance--about a mile, I think-- from the stadium, due west of the Lloyd Noble Center. Stoops talked about how he used to run from Owen Field to the rugby fields but can't do it anymore due to his knees. Well, he said legs, but I'm figuring he means knees.

Lott's Bandana
8/25/2011, 12:41 PM
Did you notice the big sign right behind the podium in the meeting room?

It was a big glossy that read something like:

OU Heisman Winners and All-Americans from the State of Texas

I have all-along believed that Bob's new cooperation with ESPN (All-Access, Sooners Day, Blueprint for Change) is in response and to counter the LHN. That sign convinced me!

cvsooner
8/25/2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it wasn't up there for no reason at all.

Lawton4Life
8/25/2011, 12:56 PM
They had ones for Oklahoma and I think Arkansas too, but you're right it was front and center

CrimsonCommando
8/25/2011, 02:11 PM
Think Bob has a license to drive a bus?

jumperstop
8/25/2011, 02:16 PM
Did you notice the big sign right behind the podium in the meeting room?

It was a big glossy that read something like:

OU Heisman Winners and All-Americans from the State of Texas

I have all-along believed that Bob's new cooperation with ESPN (All-Access, Sooners Day, Blueprint for Change) is in response and to counter the LHN. That sign convinced me!

I don't know about All-Americans, but there has only been one Heisman winner from Saxet, Four from Oklahoma

DCSooner
8/25/2011, 02:16 PM
I should have said he drove seprately. Thats how rumors get started.

oudavid1
8/25/2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, the rugby fields are a fair distance--about a mile, I think-- from the stadium, due west of the Lloyd Noble Center. Stoops talked about how he used to run from Owen Field to the rugby fields but can't do it anymore due to his knees. Well, he said legs, but I'm figuring he means knees.

I think its his Achilles that he hurt last year.

Think Bob has a license to drive a bus?

Who would pull over Bob Stoops in Norman tho, I mean isnt he the Mayor?

I don't know about All-Americans, but there has only been one Heisman winner from Saxet, Four from Oklahoma

Technically he is from St Louis, MO. Just saying.

Lawton4Life
8/25/2011, 03:07 PM
I think if you ask Billy he'd say he's from Hooks before he said STL.

There have to be at least 20-30 all americans from Texas

rekamrettuB
8/25/2011, 03:18 PM
Bob doesn't make enough to hire a driver?

sooner59
8/25/2011, 04:31 PM
During the season they practice on campus. During August, they are at the rugby fields.

The Ghost of Mex
8/25/2011, 05:46 PM

1.5 miles from the north end of GFOMS to the south end of LNC. I had to run it about 100 times while in NROTC...bastages.

nativesooner
8/26/2011, 12:40 AM
The sign said "All Americans & Award Winners From Texas". I thought it was pretty neat! Had Boz, AD, Mark Clayton, Billy and a few others. At the bottom it had a blank spot with a ? And said "who's next"

oudavid1
8/26/2011, 11:29 AM
Bob doesn't make enough to hire a driver?

Unnecessary expense. Why the heck would you buy a 90$ BMW to have someone else drive it. [Dont say swag, please dont say swag]

DCSooner
8/26/2011, 11:31 AM
Unnecessary expense. Why the heck would you buy a 90$ BMW to have someone else drive it. [Dont say swag, please dont say swag]

Uh, those Bimmers are "loaners" He gets a new one every 6 months I think.

oudavid1
8/26/2011, 11:34 AM
Uh, those Bimmers are "loaners" He gets a new one every 6 months I think.

Oh, well same concept.

rekamrettuB
8/26/2011, 11:37 AM

Bob was driving the team in a $90K BMW bus to practice?

OUVarsityXV
8/26/2011, 12:03 PM
They practice on the rugby field, my old stomping grounds. That is why our rugby team had the nicest field in the big 12. The football team tears it up but they fix it in team for the season. We are having an alumni game out there next week before the Tulsa game. You guys should check it out. Great to see some hits before the big game.

oudavid1
8/27/2011, 11:47 AM
Bob was driving the team in a $90K BMW bus to practice?

No someone was talking about that Bob had someone drive him in His car to practice.