PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Obama

sappstuf
8/25/2011, 11:51 AM
Simple questions...

An $8 billion high speed train leaves Chicago for Iowa City at 8:15am at 40mph. Why?

I let my Mexican drug lord license expire. Am I still eligible for the free machine gun program?

Are you smart enough to create a problem so big that even you could not solve it?

If Joe Biden has a massive stroke, (a) do you have a replacement in mind, and (b) how would you tell?

When you said "days not weeks" did you mean Venusian days?

Why do you need permission to be clear, and not need permission to bomb Libya?

I just voted to increase my sobriety ceiling. Why won't the bartender give me another drink?

Since you've doubled the number of wars, shouldn't you be getting another Nobel Peace Prize?

if punishing employers results in more employment, can you also punish beer makers?

When you create jobs, why do always create them for Texas??

okie52
8/25/2011, 01:19 PM
Sapp,

I can see you are a fan of Obama's. When did you realize it?

sappstuf
8/25/2011, 03:54 PM
Sapp,

I can see you are a fan of Obama's. When did you realize it?

I tried my best to give him a full year, I really did.

LBJ said "the buck stops here", Reagan took full responsibility for his administration during the Iran Contra affair.

All we hear from Obama is, not my fault... Congress, tsunami... unlucky... The man in an incompetent narcissistic fool.

SCOUT
8/28/2011, 12:38 AM

LBJ said "the buck stops here", Reagan took full responsibility for his administration during the Iran Contra affair.

All we hear from Obama is, not my fault... Congress, tsunami... unlucky... The man in an incompetent narcissistic fool.

Didn't Truman say "the buck stops here"

Always_Sooner
8/28/2011, 03:12 AM
He is an egomaniac that can do no wrong.

sappstuf
8/28/2011, 07:49 AM

Yes.. But it isn't my fault.. Congress isn't doing their job.

XingTheRubicon
8/28/2011, 08:17 AM

Yes, but the buck passing economy was inherited from Roosevelt.

Midtowner
8/28/2011, 09:45 AM
Yes.. But it isn't my fault.. Congress isn't doing their job.

What's untrue about that statement?

pphilfran
8/28/2011, 10:04 AM
Midtowner on the cross exam....

diverdog
8/28/2011, 07:23 PM

Reagan took full responsibility during the Iran/Contra affair? Are you kidding me? Had any Democrat done what Reagan did you guys would have fried him/her.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/28/2011, 08:24 PM
Reagan took full responsibility during the Iran/Contra affair? Are you kidding me? Had any Democrat done what Reagan did you guys would have fried him/her.Reagan tried to back those fighting a communist takeover in Central America. I for one, would have applauded any Democrat who would have tried to do that.

Midtowner
8/28/2011, 09:34 PM
Midtowner on the cross exam....

Tough to answer the question? Yep.. they just ignored it.

Yes, Congress is definitely doing a ****ty job and the 'Pubs have been nothing but obstructionists for Obama's agenda. They've demanded and received so many concessions that it's actually been hard to distinguish Obama's presidency from the previous one.

okie52
8/28/2011, 09:54 PM

Yes, Congress is definitely doing a ****ty job and the 'Pubs have been nothing but obstructionists for Obama's agenda. They've demanded and received so many concessions that it's actually been hard to distinguish Obama's presidency from the previous one.

What is obama's agenda?

Midtowner
8/28/2011, 10:19 PM
What is obama's agenda?

He tried to fix healthcare, we ended up with our present monstrosity.

He tried to fix the financial system, the 'Pubs and the Wall Street Dems watered down the bills to be nearly meaningless.

Any time Obama has tried to do anything meaningful, the Republicans have voted party-line against him. He started with one of the most ambitious agendas in awhile, and has been defeated at every turn by obstructionists.

bonkuba
8/28/2011, 11:28 PM

He tried to fix the financial system, the 'Pubs and the Wall Street Dems watered down the bills to be nearly meaningless.

Any time Obama has tried to do anything meaningful, the Republicans have voted party-line against him. He started with one of the most ambitious agendas in awhile, and has been defeated at every turn by obstructionists.

I have to say Thank Goodness the obstructionists were there.......imagine how well off we would be if he would have gotten everything he wanted? I dont think we can stand any more of his great ideas......I dont care Dem or Pub......what we have now is just barely better than useless.

Anyway....... :-)

Caboose
8/28/2011, 11:58 PM

Obama had 2 full years of complete control over all three branches of government to pass whatever he wanted. The idea that Obama failures in passing anything of value is the fault of Republicans is complete fantasy.

TitoMorelli
8/29/2011, 12:01 AM

And since HCR was passed when Democrats held a significant majority in both houses, just who was obstructing? Oh yeah, those politicians (D) whose states received exemptions from the not even half-baked plan, or who sold out for hundreds of millions of dollars in taxpayers' hard-earned money.

Then there's cap and trade, which was such a sham that he and Pelosi couldn't twist enough arms to get it through.

As bonkuba said, Thank Goodness there were obstructionists.

hawaii 5-0
8/29/2011, 12:47 AM
It's been awhile since anything significant was passed by both houses and then signed into law. Maybe they could find some middle ground and get something accompllished?

Naaaaahhhhhh.

5-0

Trump/ Perry muscle ache 2012

diverdog
8/29/2011, 05:35 AM
Reagan tried to back those fighting a communist takeover in Central America. I for one, would have applauded any Democrat who would have tried to do that.

You need to read up on your history. He did more than that.

sappstuf
8/29/2011, 05:40 AM
]Reagan took full responsibility during the Iran/Contra affair? Are you kidding me? [/B] Had any Democrat done what Reagan did you guys would have fried him/her.

Obama would choke on such words...

First, let me say I take full responsibility for my own actions and for those of my administration. As angry as I may be about activities undertaken without my knowledge, I am still accountable for those activities. As disappointed as I may be in some who served me, I'm still the one who must answer to the American people for this behavior. And as personally distasteful as I find secret bank accounts and diverted funds - well, as the Navy would say, this happened on my watch.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/reagan-iran-contra/

Contrast that with what Obama said earlier in the week...

The economy’s gotten better than it was when I first took office.

I am hoping that is Obama's campaign slogan... He might match Mondale's winning 1 state in a presidential election.

sappstuf
8/29/2011, 06:25 AM

It is nice to see you so openly support a monarchical system and "separate, but equal branches of the government" means nothing to you. Somehow, I think you only support that when your guy is in office....

Think back to when Obama was elected.. He said we needed a stimulus. He was a new and popular president who controlled the House and Senate. He could have written the stimulus bill and told Harry and Nancy to pass it. They would have. He didn't. Instead, he left it up to Nancy and Harry to write. That isn't the fault of Congress, that is Obama's fault. Same thing happened with healthcare.

During the debt crisis, Obama never submitted a plan. Never. His spokesman said that if Obama submitted a plan, it would become "politically charged". Seriously. Is that the fault of Congress?

The only major bill that I can find that emanated from the White House was the 2012 budget. It was so poorly written that it was voted down in the Senate 97-0. Obama gave another one of his nice fairy tale speeches to lay the format for a new budget. A month later Paul Ryan asked the CBO director if they had scored Obama's new proposal. The response was:

We don't score speeches.

4 months later and still nothing from Obama. How is this the fault of Congress?

Obama has fully earned his 38% approval rating. For some reason, a majority of the American public thought that a community organizer with no executive experience should run the country.

3 years later, our country looks like it is being ran by community organizer with no executive experience. Just because the public is coming to terms with that does not mean it is Congress that is to blame.

Caboose
8/29/2011, 07:48 AM
For some reason, a majority of the American public thought that a community organizer with no executive experience should run the country.

3 years later, our country looks like it is being ran by community organizer with no executive experience.

It's almost as if the country has been run by a guy who has spent a third of his time in office vacationing, a third of his time campaigning, and the other third demagoging the right.
Oh wait, it has.

Midtowner
8/29/2011, 08:08 AM
It is nice to see you so openly support a monarchical system and "separate, but equal branches of the government" means nothing to you. Somehow, I think you only support that when your guy is in office....

It's nice to see you acknowledge that Congress indeed does have a role to play in our current state of affairs. I'm sure you'll agree that the lack of solutions from Obama isn't entirely his fault, but the fault of a Congress which wouldn't consider such solutions anyhow because they were penned by Obama and for no other reason than that.

Take a look at the stimulus negotiations. When the President basically gave the Republicans everything Rep. Ryan had asked for and more, the Republicans wouldn't sign off on the deal, instead taking our country to the brink of financial collapse.

To lay the current state of affairs at Obama's feet is just laughable. It totally ignores recent history, facts, etc.

sappstuf
8/29/2011, 08:12 AM
It's almost as if the country has been run by a guy who has spent a third of his time in office vacationing, a third of his time campaigning, and the other third demagoging the right.
Oh wait, it has.

Dems will reply that all presidents fundraise. I will agree with that. However, as USA Today points out, Obama has taken it to an entire new level.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/sappstuf/fundraising.gif

sappstuf
8/29/2011, 08:42 AM
It's nice to see you acknowledge that Congress indeed does have a role to play in our current state of affairs. I'm sure you'll agree that the lack of solutions from Obama isn't entirely his fault, but the fault of a Congress which wouldn't consider such solutions anyhow because they were penned by Obama and for no other reason than that.

Take a look at the stimulus negotiations. When the President basically gave the Republicans everything Rep. Ryan had asked for and more, the Republicans wouldn't sign off on the deal, instead taking our country to the brink of financial collapse.

To lay the current state of affairs at Obama's feet is just laughable. It totally ignores recent history, facts, etc.

Boohoo. Leaders fu*&ing lead. Obama is the president. He should put on his big boy pants and submit plans like every other president before him. Dems still control the Senate in case you haven't heard... Harry could call a vote anytime he wanted to.

Presidents are judged by results. Obama overpromised and underdelivered with his stimulus plan which failed to deliver as Obama said it would. His fault, not congress.

First of all, show me on paper where Obama agreed to everything the Repubs wanted. You can't. Because Obama never put it on paper. Sorta like voting present. Two, the Dems plan was extremely backloaded to years 7-10 on spending cuts. The Dems have pulled this one before. The cuts would have never materialized because a future congress would vote differently.

If Obama would have truly given the Repubs everything they wanted, Cut, Cap and Balance would have been signed into law. That was the first bill to pass the house. Your "fact" is demonstrably false.

REDREX
8/29/2011, 11:13 AM
A new low for Barack---- http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx

pphilfran
8/29/2011, 11:40 AM

And it will continue to set new lows if the economy doesn't get turned around...

ouwino
8/29/2011, 04:40 PM
let's face it folks. it is not obama's fault. it is the American voters fault. that's who put the clown in office.

soonercruiser
8/29/2011, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately, THIS ^^^^

MR2-Sooner86
8/30/2011, 09:25 AM

He's aiming for W's numbers.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/wbg1q6qdce-7-hjzru42ya.gif

REDREX
8/31/2011, 08:43 AM
How low can Barack go---- http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

okie52
8/31/2011, 10:01 AM
How low can Barack go---- http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

RED- I appreciate your weekly updates.