PDA

View Full Version : Good Riddance Miami

Soonerwake
8/24/2011, 08:45 PM
Watching the Miami 30 for 30, and they are talking alot of noise around that 86 game in Miami. Wow, they had a bunch of NFL guys..

I didn't really care before, but now that I have been reminded of their past, what they offer college football, and how they have absolutely no respect for the game, rules, or anything else, I am ready for them to go away. And, go away in a big hurry..

KantoSooner
8/25/2011, 08:16 AM
The Miami I became acquainted with in the 1980's was so off-beat as to be truly remarkable. They were delusional self charactures. Given a choice, cheating and dirty play was preferred over any other...even when they could win a given game either way. And this attitude extended to cover not just the players and coaches, but the administration of the school and their fans. It seemed like they were acting in some post-apocalyptic B-movie.
When Aikman's leg was broken on a hit that was not only blatantly dirty but also scripted and commanded from the sideline, I consigned Miami to a category beyond normal distaste or rivalry. They became, for me, permanent pariahs.
And, Randy Shannon notwithstanding, I see no reason to remove them from that list and bring them back into the tent with the rest of humanity.

Taxman71
8/25/2011, 10:04 AM
The only time I ever quasi-rooted for Miami was in the Cotton Bowl against texas. Shortly afterward, I took a hot shower and tried to forget it ever happened.

OUVarsityXV
8/25/2011, 10:32 AM
I hate Miami because if not for them we might have a few more national championships hanging, but I certainly respect their program. Look we are the best program ever in college football history, but Miami's 30 year run was unprecidented and they did it with homegrown kids. I can't hate on that. I feel bad for Miami fans because they have nothing to do with this. It is scary now-a-days because any team could be facing some serious NCAA violations. I hope to never be in the position Miami is in.

OrlandoSooner
8/25/2011, 11:31 AM
I hate Miami because if not for them we might have a few more national championships hanging, but I certainly respect their program. Look we are the best program ever in college football history, but Miami's 30 year run was unprecidented and they did it with homegrown kids. I can't hate on that. I feel bad for Miami fans because they have nothing to do with this. It is scary now-a-days because any team could be facing some serious NCAA violations. I hope to never be in the position Miami is in.

Both of them?

Sooner_Tuf
8/25/2011, 11:43 AM
Well at least one Miami fan had something to do with all of this.